View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives as Stimulants

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
I only feel fully awake and in the here and now when on a certain low dose of a dissociative. This is not limited to particular substances, I had it first with DXM in my teens, then MXE, later K, now 2F- and DCK, DMXE. It's like the 'on/off' switch some of the ADHS people report with stims. Boring, tired sober reality full of irrational emotions, somewhat distant and problems focusing or in full positive control of myself. This is heavily addicting and unfortunately I built up an ungodly tolerance which makes it too expensive to dose daily (what I did for multiple years in the past - positives outweighed the little negatives unless combined with opioids, but that's another chapter). Also been off any disso for around a year recently and it's still the same, so not just a rebound thing. Becomes even more pronounced when combined with a dopaminergic stim but it's qualitatively very different from such one alone, absolutely no jitteryness for example, rather an anti-RLS effect.

Anybody else having this strange phenomenon?
First I thought of that antidepressant effect of K but it's different in that that is a bit delayed and lasts for days to weeks while this stimulant effect comes and goes with the substance.

Last edited:
Small-medium doses of K definitely stimulate me yeah, i can go for days on it with no other drugs.
Little bits make me feel awake and more switched on, sometimes even hyper
What dosages are we talking about?

For me the dose window is pretty huge, I don't have a scale at hand but would say anything below 50-75mg of DCK for example, or anything which isn't too confusing mentally - I don't get any more robo walk stuff - without tolerance much less but tolerance to dissociatives lasts forever. One year without any and after a few doses tolerance was at the old level.

Interesting how dissociatives, which are supposed to disconnect you, can be associating, stimulating.

Me too, I can stay up for days with steady redosing on arylcyclohexylamines and sometimes have great difficulties falling asleep after doing some. DXM is special here because it's a SNRI or even slight releaser which floods you with norepinephrine while most others like the K-analogues don't. They have some affinity to the monoamine transporter but likely negligibly so.

Anything between 50-500mg if snorted for that 'uppy' type buzz
If I.V then 50-100mg
If I.M then 100-250mg - doubt id even feel 50mg I.M tbh...
(My tolerance is ridiculous - these doses can trip out/write other people off into the hole)

Anything between 50-500mg if snorted for that 'uppy' type buzz
If I.V then 50-100mg
If I.M then 100-250mg - doubt id even feel 50mg I.M tbh...
(My tolerance is ridiculous - these doses can trip out/write other people off into the hole)
I snorted much less than 500mg ketamine and went on one of the most insane trips of my life

I snorted much less than 500mg ketamine and went on one of the most insane trips of my life
When you never had a disso habit, you can easily divide the numbers through five or more. Dissociative tolerance is a weird phenomenon which lasts forever and doesn't affect sober state (or, maybe, make one slightly less emotionally but that's just a possibility).

Even after a complete year off my tolerance is the same as it was before. I can take hundreds of mg of DCK without holing when tiny lines had a friend catatonic.

So did i when i was like 15 haha
I can take hundreds of mg of DCK without holing when tiny lines had a friend catatonic.
Yeah i get well jealous of people who hole off of small bits. Disso tolerance is so annoying and costs me a fortune, i did ~4.5g this morning between 4am and 11am, 2 x IV shots and the rest IM... Didnt sniff a crumb. Dont even remember holing, definitely blacked out for about 1.5hrs hours though, came round with about 750mg undissolved but wet in my cooker like a slushy white fruit pastel 😂, must have prepped the last shot while blacked out from the one before and not used enough water/heated it for long enough 🤷‍♂️
Surprises me how im actually (usually) able to prep and administer shots while completely incoherent. Oh and message utter jibberish to girls on tinder about pizzas 🤦‍♂️

Possible that disso tolerance isn't just an isolated phenomenon but when high enough makes you feel constantly tired? And given that even after a whole year it's been on the same level as before, that it is almost irreversible? As the opposite to the acute stimulating effects.

Well during the late stages of my disso addiction I was so tired when not on a solid dose. Now I've been dabbling again with DCK and memantine and without at least 60mg of the latter I feel.. Worn out, no energy. And it doesn't seem to go away with abstinence. I thought it had been the morphine which sedated me but I'm off any opioid for two months now and still same.

Interesting side fact, I have had acoustic hallucinations (sometimes listening voices) and they disappeared with the morphine. So, for me it's not the NMDA antags but opioids being schizo mimetics.