• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Arthritis - mega thread (mega merged)

That sounds very painful Rhythm Spring. I hope you find the answers you seek. Yin yoga is restorative and could help heal your body and re-build cartilage. Peace and love to you brother.

A juice fast involves consuming only fresh pressed veggie and fruit juice for some amount of time. People do 1-100 or more day fasts. The types of juices they drink varies but it is usually a green juice every day with fruit juice and root juice such as carrot or beet. Most people drink about 1 gallon of juice per day plus some water. There are many video blogs on You Tube that could provide more information. There are also books on the subject as well as web sources. If you have any more questions I will do my best to answer them :)

Many people have healed a variety of diseases by doing it. What are you worried about specifically?

just health haa.

So today i went to the doctor, they did physical exam of my knee, took xrays and asked plenty of questions. they found nothing wrong, they gave me a prescription for some pills (im not too excited about that) and physical therapy treatments. i have to go back in 2 weeks and if that didnt work then they will do blood test (which im also not excited about).

what kind of pills and what was their reason for giving them to you?

This is a fantastic thread. My husband has had both his knees replaced from the arthritis but his knees still hurt. Now he had arthritis in his back. He is in so much pain all the time, he's not himself.

I have arthristis in my pinky fingers. They are bent and the shit hurts when I type q's and shit. I can't think about it spreading through the rest of my hands, and God forbid, my whole body. I'm 52 now. Growing out past the half century mark really taught me some hard lessons about aging.

an "anti-inflammatory" i have to idea why they gave them to me, they didnt explain. but they say take two a day..which i have been putting off, and they said to stay on that for 2 weeks until my next apt.

I would recommend that you type the pill name into a search engine and do some research. Its best to be educated about your own health and what you are taking, don't you think?

they said it was for anti-inflamitory, and it is like ibuprofen except better. I told my doctor to relive my pain i would pop like five of those at a time and then i would soon begin not to feel the pain so she perscribed that. i begin physical theropy soon.

they are called naproxen its a 500mg tablet.
and the doctor said its an anti inflammatory to help with my knee pains.

modern medicine, in a way, encourages arthritis. it then treats symptoms, without curing the arthritis (which is totally reversible and curable, and preventable).

you can manage your ph balance, levels of inflammation, and removal of particulate matter in the joints entirely through diet. i have a book on this in my personal library but its 3am and im quite sleepy. ill throw some ancient remedies that will

for serious tho, if the arthritis is something u want to be rid of, begin eating a diet of +51% raw organic dark green leafy veggies (chards, collards, cabbages, spinarch, arugula, broccoli raabe, that kind of stuff). this is medicinal and multifunctional, again, im sleepy, list too long to name. but it will make your absorption of minerals like calcium much higher, and reduce the availability of these minerals to collect in the joints, and help remove such accumulation and reduce inflammation. cease consuming any and all homogenized, pasteurized milk/dairy products. these more often than not lead to arthritis due to the minerals being rendered difficult to absorb properly due to industrialized production. humans arent really well adapted to consuming dairy, but if you must, choose raw certified organic milk from pastured cows. this can provide a source for calcium etc that is far easier to absorb. still, nothing beats the dark leafy greens.

i have a crushed finger from a sparring accident i am currently healing, it may take 2-3 years to remove all of the buildup of excess calcified mass and tissue. if i dont treat this, and take daily preventative measures, i may have an unusable finger in 10-20 years from arthritis in the joint.

^ ^

Are you talking about osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis? With the dark leafy greens.

Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis with Titanium Rings?

Every so often I peruse the net for new approaches to treating my rheumatoid arthritis. I just came across a curious one--metal rings that I assume you wear around the effected joint?

http://www.amazon.com/Phiten-Titanium-Discs-70-Pack/product-reviews/B000XPZ3IG

How is this supposed to help people? What is the mechanism of action? Do you think it would help me? I'm a bit confused...

Havent heard of that,
have heard of copper wrist bands to treat it,

I call bullshit. These things have never been proven through a real scientific study to have anything more than a placebo effect. As you probably know the best common treatments are anti-inflammation medication, pain management, and some physical/heat therapy. The problem with battling arthritis is stopping it without stopping your immune system.. which is not so easy.

Know the cure for rheumatoid arthritis?

Mods, please don't close this thread with the usual "Go see a doctor."

I AM seeing several doctors, and have been for a long time. The fact is that nothing is working. I'm well on my way to exhausting all of the options western medicine has to offer, and I seem to have exhausted all the ones that alternative medicine has to offer, too. So now Bluelight is not my first source of information, it is my last. I am not doing myself a disservice by posting this question, and I will take everything people say with a grain of salt.

Before you make your suggestion, check to see if I have already tried it here: http://astrangecaseofrheumatoidarthritis.blogspot.com/