• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are we likely to see more alkenyl tryptamine analogues? (-xALT)

AyahuascaForLunch

Greenlighter
One of Shulgin's last lines of work was the alkenyl tryptamines (xALT) - the most famous of which being 5-MeO-DALT. I recently remembered this quote from Hamilton Morris' 'Last Interview with Alexander Shulgin':

There was a collection of round-bottomed flasks on the table, each containing a small scab of impure tryptamine crust. One flask was labeled 5-MeO-MALT, another 5-MeO-NALT. Shulgin began to explain, “DALT is the first one—it’s the diallyl—and the methylallyl is MALT. Then EALT and then,” he puckered his lips and pushed out a plosive, “PALT and iso-PALT and so forth. 5-MeO-DALT was an active compound, so I’m pursuing that line further. Usually they wait about four years after I get something out that becomes popular, and then they make it illegal. But I sent the synthesis for 5-MeO-DALT to a friend. He put it on the internet, and one month later it was synthesized in China and sent via Europe to this country. Now it’s available on the street!”

5-MeO-DALT became quite popular in Britain, as at the time alkenyl substituents were some of the only tryptamines not covered by the UK's 'catch-all' tryptamine clause in the MoDA. Unfortunately this was recently amended to cover all alkenyl substituents, but not before we saw:

• n,n-DALT (borderline inactive)
  • 4-AcO-DALT (a short-lasting Psilocin analogue)
  • 5-MeO-MALT (sparsely used but with great reception)
I had the opportunity to try 5-MeO-MALT before the ban and was pleasantly surprised to find it more of a proper, 'full on' psychedelic than 5-MeO-DALT - quite similar to 5-MeO-DMT. Although TRs are thin on the ground they are mostly very positive, albeit cautious at the intensity of the experience.

Do you think we will ever see more of these compounds available or was their brief popularity largely down to their (at the time) unique legal status in the UK? Could the relative unpopularity of 5-MeO-DALT and near inactivity of n,n-DALT have put people off?

With the great experiences friends and I have had with 5-MeO-MALT it would be a great shame if similar compounds such as n,n-MALT and 4-AcO/HO-MALT were not explored, let alone the others mentioned in the quote above. I also feel like it would be a great testament to Shulgin's legacy to investigate (some of) the very final compounds he designed before dementia got in the way of his work.

Thoughts?