• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Are we all living in a matrix?

glab

Bluelighter
There are scientists which really believe that we're all in a simulation. I heard one famous scientists, after realizing this, killed himself. To me this doesn't really make sense. If we were really in a simulation then shouldn't it be impossible for us to even realize this? Why should the creator of the simulation allow us to realize this? Sounds like bad programming to me... And even IF this is all a simulation, what does this actually change? In my opinion it doesn't change anything. Life is still the same and consequences also still are the same. If you break your leg it still hurts. Thinking this is all just a simulation does nothing. What angers me though is, if this is all a simulation, then why can't I simply create my own reality through mind power and become ultra rich? Or why can't I go through walls or move objects? Or maybe this is actually possible once you become fully aware and awaken your senses. Maybe then you can fly around like Neo. That would be cool, unless other people can do the same. Then it wouldn't be cool anymore but simply suck. It's only cool to have powers when others don't have them.

I think it would still be cool to be able to fly even if everyone else could.

But what if there's not enough space and people crash on each other all the time while flying? This would also suck. Then I'd want to not only able to fly but to also shoot down other people with mind powers. Then flying would be cool again.

There are scientists which really believe that we're all in a simulation. I heard one famous scientists, after realizing this, killed himself. To me this doesn't really make sense. If we were really in a simulation then shouldn't it be impossible for us to even realize this? Why should the creator of the simulation allow us to realize this? Sounds like bad programming to me... And even IF this is all a simulation, what does this actually change? In my opinion it doesn't change anything. Life is still the same and consequences also still are the same. If you break your leg it still hurts. Thinking this is all just a simulation does nothing. What angers me though is, if this is all a simulation, then why can't I simply create my own reality through mind power and become ultra rich? Or why can't I go through walls or move objects? Or maybe this is actually possible once you become fully aware and awaken your senses. Maybe then you can fly around like Neo. That would be cool, unless other people can do the same. Then it wouldn't be cool anymore but simply suck. It's only cool to have powers when others don't have them.

Nothing changes life. We can have all the theories we like but life is still going to happen to us. And death and taxes.

If we're in a simulation it's one clearly based on rules that preclude preventing us from realizing it, and there'd be no innate reason you could change the rules just by knowing it's a simulation.

I think that's true to be honest. In a sense, it's all a sort of "matrix" that's created by whatever is the source and essence of consciousness. Without that, nothing exists. Whatever that root source is has simply created everything that is, ever was, and ever will be. In a sense, that is a matrix.

i smoked DMT one time and saw the structures that house humans in the matrix... it was insane.

Theres some dudes from silicon valley that think we are stuck in the matrix. They think we need to upload our consciousness to the cloud...or something...to break out.

whatever is happening, everybody seems to be getting weird at the same time. i really dig it.

This is the third thread in P&S on the subject in the last couple months, but its not surprising since it has seemingly jumped front and center in the alt-consciousness circles, Silicon Valley (which we know now is actually throwing money into researching it) and all over the media like in new TV shows such as Westworld. By the way, there is an old native american myth called 'the man in the maze' that makes an appearance in Westworld, and I find it very notable as an illustration of simulation hypothesis and what humanity is waking up to. Most interesting is that that there is always a way out of the maze in the illustrations, in which the man can actually go to 'the next level and meet its creator' just as the Silicon Valley peeps are trying to do- find the exit out of the rat race that is humanity's increasingly-fuckered situation on Earth. I feel like it is getting so crazy, polarized and exponentially shifting we are actually going to rip this world in two and reveal what is behind the veil. As Elon Musk has said, we better hope this is actually a simulation because if it isnt, humanity is on its way to destroying itself.

Humanity, considering what we have done with our talents might breathe a collective sigh of relief if we do disappear.

If we really live in a matrix then what's outside of the matrix? And why should it even be possible to leave it? It would only be possible if the maker of the matrix actually allows this to be possible! If he doesn't allow this then nobody can get out of it.

If we are in a matrix, I suspect we are cut from the same cloth as the makers are and they know it and have been trying to tell us for a while now. Listening isn't our forte.

Outside is still inside the Universe. I believe there are higher levels of consciousness that can transcend material limits of travel and step outside the space-time box that keeps this Universe from unraveling.

Recent theories like M-theory/string theory propose that this universe is just one bubble in a sea of bubbles in a supra-cosmic bathtub, and that the energy in this Universe popped into exist by two bubbles colliding.

If we are in a matrix, I suspect we are cut from the same cloth as the makers are and they know it and have been trying to tell us for a while now. Listening isn't our forte.

I have listened and heard the same message.

in the tv series 'the magicians' quentin asks elliot 'is this a hallucination?' elliot responds, 'what could you possibly gain by asking me that?'

Whether or not the immediate manifesting reality is authentic or not, it all seems rather pointless to deconstruct. Simply because, there are so many facets and layers we have yet to come to terms with. If these realizations can't be made in a reality filled with bad faith, and underlying skepticism, what can be said of a raw and naked one?

You can't know that wether this is a simulation or not, so if it were one then it wouldn't be bad programmed :D

Psychedelics have shown me that we're probably in the matrix. Anyone else take LSD or something and just see the fractals of the universe dissenegrate and your staring the true universe in the face? It just seems to me that there's more than just what we're perceiving and I think more and more people are realizing this. If you ask me, and let me add that this is total crazziness, the human race is evolving to become selfaware and are ultimate goal is to realize that we're in a "matrix" of sorts. When we do that who knows what may happen.

Perhaps we will see consciousness itself as the most valued asset it the universe, and start to take harder looks into what stuff expands consciousnessness and what kind of stuff eats away at consciousness. Maybe consciousness will be seen as parity to a physical space in value, not mearly valued for the space itself, but for what it contains.