• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are there any anti-dizzy pills?

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
Sometimes I drink way too much and feel dizzy the next day.

Im already taking tylenol to help with the head ache

But are there any anti dizzy pills out there? Just curious

Water, the best one haha
Here in Argentina we have an OTC medication called "resaquit" and it contains: Acetylsalicylic acid 255.22 mg, Paracetamol 194.00 mg, Caffeine 33.00 mg, Aluminum hydroxide 25.00 mg, Magnesium hydroxide 50.00 mg. I guess where are you from maybe they have something similar

I'd give a first-generation antihistamine a go like Promethazine, Diphenhydramine, or Cyproheptadine.

I should hope not, surely everyone loves this Diz?

In all seriousness though as already has been said, dimenhydrinate and meclizine are probably the best to try first.

Beta histamine AKA serc. It's a prescription only sea sickness tablet that both my housemate and I have for vertigo. We both get quite severe vertigo (different types) and this is the one thing that ALWAYS helps.

What substance are you using?

A healthy combination of Magnesium Glycinate, Calcium Carbonate and a diet rich in Potassium will certainly help to offset dizzy spells.

I would recommend taking the Magnesium Glycinate (400mgs in the morning)

Eating a Potassium rich diet throughout the day (Bananas, Apricots, Raisins, Dates, Spinach, Broccoli, Potatoes (preferably sweet), Mushrooms, Peas, Cucumber, Pumpkins, Leafy Greens, Tuna, Cod, Lentils, a little Meat/Poultry, Brown Pasta/Rice/Bread.... etc (But avoid Grape juice!) (Aim for 4,000–5000mgs per day)

And I would take the Calcium Carbonate (800mgs) late in the evening (7-8pm). Not only will it give your body a healthy balance of these three minerals, it will combat the feeling of dizziness, sweating, light headiness and will also help to reduce any feelings of panic or anxiety. The Carbonate in the Calcium also acts as a great anti-acid before laying down to sleep.

The timing of taking the Magnesium and Calcium is based on the assumption that you'll be using your substance of choice during the day. Not like 4am in the morning or 11pm at night. But if you do. Always make sure you take Magnesium Glycinate first and Calcium Carbonate at least 5 hours after your last substance dose.

Please consider the possibility that your being dizzy may be a warning there is a problem with your circulation. You might want to mention it to your doctor. Be gentle with yourself, and live long. As my dear old dad used to say, easy does it.​

🙏

Have to agree with above ^!

I would most likely take it as a sign of dehydration and your best bet is actually drinking some water and getting some electrolytes into you. That should work without taking anything else.

Please consider the possibility that your being dizzy may be a warning there is a problem with your circulation. You might want to mention it to your doctor. Be gentle with yourself, and live long. As my dear old dad used to say, easy does it.​

🙏
This is correct. Substance induced dizziness is generally linked to artery constriction and lower blood flow to the brain. That's why a healthy balance of Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium is so important to protect these arteries and improve overall blood circulation to the brain and the heart. People grossly underestimate just how important these minerals are, particularly if you are using substances linked to cardiovascular constriction. These minerals play a major roll in the normal functioning of the arteries and help to prevent life threatening clots from occurring.

And also, what others have said about water, again very important. However, don't just consume water alone. Consume the odd sports drink Lucozade/Gatorade. This will ensure you're getting enough electrolytes. As drinking too much water on it's own can flush electrolytes out of the body which can also contribute to dizziness and possible water intoxication if you drink too much water too quickly. The average body can expel about a litre of liquid per hour. So try not to consume more of this within the space of each hour. I would limit it to 500-750mls per hour.

What I generally do is fill 3 750ml bottles of water up to 500mls. Then dilute the remaining 250mls of each bottle using a 750ml bottle of Lucozade. This ensures I get a steady level of electrolytes. So 2/3rds water and 1/3rd Lucozade. The dilution also prevents the liquid from being overly acidic, helping to keep my stomachs PH level as balanced as possible. I sip down one of these bottles per hour. So that's 3 hours worth. Then I do the same thing again for the next 3 hours and so on.

Alcohol and Tylenol are a VERY bad combination. Both are very hepatotoxic and together it's even worse for the liver.

Not sure if it'll help with alcohol-dizziness but I take Cyclizine (prescription strength anti-histamine) for Positional Vertigo and it works really well for both the nausea and the dizziness. You're not supposed to take it with alcohol as it adds to the sedation but I've done it plenty a time and not noticed any adverse effects.

EDIT: Just realized you said the dizziness was the next day. That's basically very mild alcohol withdrawal (that's what hangovers basically are: very mild withdrawal). I definitely recommend the Cyclizine then (or any first-generation anti-histamine). Drink a pint of water, too as you'll be dehydrated. And something with sugar.

Tylenol is okay as long as there is no alcohol currently in your system. However it probably won't help with any dizziness. Meclizine is something to try, has almost no side effects. Can take 25 mg three times daily. Also what other users above have said, keeping your food and water intake at a good level, and making sure you aren't deficient in any electrolytes (Sodium, Potassium) is going to help. Calcium and magnesium are essential but are secondary to sodium and potassium in terms of your hydration status.