• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Are suboxone levels checked in urine tests as M.A.T.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Bats

Greenlighter
Im getting M.A.T. treatment, Specifically Suboxone. At every Dr. visit upon arrival I have to give urine. I know they are testing for illicit drugs. My question is, does anyone know if they check for suboxone in the urine? To make sure the patient is even taking it? Or proper level of the suboxone?
Than you in advance.

Yes they will check and know the levels of suboxone in your urine. If I’m not mistaken, your liver turns Suboxone into neurobuprenorphin (sp) and those are the levels that will give your doctor an idea of how much of your meds your are taking

I believe that such testing would not differentiate between acute and chronic buprenorphine administration. Yes, it IS possible to perform such a test but it would be much more involved, much more costly.

I know people who only take buprenorphine the day before their appointments. I've always found that odd since I always thought that people who were on buprenorphine were pretty keen to get clean.

But it's not for me to judge.

they say quantitative results at the lab my piss is sent to, but realistically I don't think so.. Have been on varying amounts with no ridicule.

Im getting M.A.T. treatment, Specifically Suboxone. At every Dr. visit upon arrival I have to give urine. I know they are testing for illicit drugs. My question is, does anyone know if they check for suboxone in the urine? To make sure the patient is even taking it? Or proper level of the suboxone?
Than you in advance.
It really depends on the type of UA being administered. If it’s a panel, no. If it’s being sent out to a lab, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.