View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are shrooms mostly visual?

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
In your opinion are psilocybin mushrooms a more visual stimulating trip, mind/thought altering trip, or does it have a strong sense of both? I will be tripping tomorrow and although I'm good at getting out of mind fucks I would like to know what to roughly expect.

a strong sense of both.

the mental introspection seems way more prevalent on mushrooms IME.

acid gives me pretty spacey, crazy thoughts in comparison to the weird flow/organization of the mushroom through process.

i also smoke cannabis on these trips and that has a lot to do with how i think as well but generally i've done acid more than shrooms but enjoy the acid headspace moreso than the shrooms introspection for recreation.

mushrooms and dmt just seem more meditative to me.

acid is far more recreational if you get what im saying.

they've both been very visual for me so i can't speak much on that.
acid seems more colorful whereas shrooms has dimmer, warmer colours like DMT.

i've even combined the two and had the most intense OEVs i've gotten without DMT.

Mushrooms are among the most emotionally and mentally powerful of psychedelics. I've had moment of being amazed at the visuals (they can produce wonderful visuals too), but I've never had a trip on them where I thought afterwards, "well, not much happened there other than giggles and visuals". They are very confronting in general, very powerful and primal.

Like PotatoMan said, LSD is much more recreational.

It surely ain't just visual, you'll get a lot of mind-altering effects. Having said that, drugs have different effects on different people. To me, mushrooms are among the most visual psychedelics and still, the visuals are never as important in my trips as some other effects. I've just checked erowid and I'll highlight the effects I feel the most, as I said, it may be different to you:

- mood lift, euphoria
- creative, philosophical or deep thinking : ideas flow more easily
- sensation of insight
- life-changing spiritual experience
Let me add one that's not on erowid:
- increased auditory perception (sometimes it means you listen with more attention, sometimes it means you feel music/sounds deeply, sometimes it means you are the music)

NEUTRAL
- feeling more emotionally sensitive
- time seems to pass more slowly (minutes seem to take hours)
- memories come to life

About that last one: I'm never sure if it's the drug itself or the fact that I know it's naturally available, but when I trip on mushrooms (or sometimes cannabis), as opposed to synthetic drugs like LSD or 2c-b, I get that feeling that it's being used by humans (and animals, why not?) for so many centuries that I feel I'm a link in a huge chain composed of ancient cultures, by-gone memories, old knowledge that we can try not to forget. All our thoughts, impressions, knowledge, fears, have been developing for millions of years. Yes, far out, I'm aware...

thank you for the responses. I was curious because as some of you know I recently took acid and it's given me confidence in my ability to handle psychedelics but looking back on my acid trip I think I had it pretty easy. I really only got visual and body sensations and not much mental effects at all until I started to lie down and listen to music.

Now in light of this info about the nature of shrooms I don't want to be intimidated because that will only lead to an unstable mindset going into the trip.

This should be interesting, the only stories I've heard from my friends are about them laughing hysterically because they could sense each others thoughts. I'm hoping to just ride the wave of laughter all the way to the end hahaha

yep shrooms can be a very intense mindfuck sometimes. tread carefully your first time, dont underestimate shrooms they can be profoundly powerful

I find shrooms to be more audio / tactile affecting. I once couldn't roll because of spontaneous tactile sensation, some time later I couldn't connect peoples voice to their face.
Also it's more of a up and down for me, one minute I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe next I'm in a introspective hole so deep I don't even hear the music.

It's a full on psychedelic like LSD, It comes on with a different ramp because you digest it out of organic material, and that means you will bump up, and then bump up again as more drug enters the blood.
Set and setting are the most trip affecting issues for all psychedelics, but you hardly get to steer, one day it will be the flame of the candle that teaches you , and another day it is about what is under the carpet, or how the music swirls around the room.

In the open world there is no telling what you might respond to with great resonance.

Mushrooms are among the most emotionally and mentally powerful of psychedelics. I've had moment of being amazed at the visuals (they can produce wonderful visuals too), but I've never had a trip on them where I thought afterwards, "well, not much happened there other than giggles and visuals". They are very confronting in general, very powerful and primal.

Like PotatoMan said, LSD is much more recreational.

LSD may be more recreational in the sense of being a happier trip where you can control yourself, but if you consider getting high recreational than mushrooms could be considered more recreational because I much prefer the feeling of being high on mushrooms. The body high they give you just blows LSD out of the water in my opinion. FOr me LSD is more of a mental trip, whereas mushrooms are immersive body and mind. Mushrooms are also more recreational in the sense you can eat some and have a beautiful night and then go to bed, go to sleep. WIth LSd you will be awake all night tossing and turning.

Depends what u consider recreational..Shrooms are only recreational to me if i can control my mind enough to get something out of them..if u consider recreational as being impaired then shrooms are very recreational..im the most addicted to drugs I've ever been and I would not do shrooms again even tho I've had great experiences..they can be very tough on the emotional and mental framework and if ppl have responsibilities, it's hard to truly let go and have a positive experience on shrooms

shrooms can be visual in nature but are mostly a smashing of the ego so u can perceive the world without the personality of an individual..its mostly a forced temporary "psychosis" or trip to challenge yourself to confront your own emotions and beliefs about your world with great laughing fits in between..that's how I see it

it's hard to truly let go and have a positive experience on shrooms
You can't live if you're too afraid to die.
Being able to let go is essential for psychedelics use. Learning to do that when I had a bumpy shrooms trip is the only reason why I can do them.

thank you for the responses. I was curious because as some of you know I recently took acid and it's given me confidence in my ability to handle psychedelics but looking back on my acid trip I think I had it pretty easy. I really only got visual and body sensations and not much mental effects at all until I started to lie down and listen to music.

Now in light of this info about the nature of shrooms I don't want to be intimidated because that will only lead to an unstable mindset going into the trip.

This should be interesting, the only stories I've heard from my friends are about them laughing hysterically because they could sense each others thoughts. I'm hoping to just ride the wave of laughter all the way to the end hahaha

The last thing I'd want to do is psych you out and put negative thoughts into your head going into the experience, but don't assume that because you enjoyed acid you will enjoy shrooms as well. I've had nothing but great experiences with acid, while shrooms scared the shit out of me. Waves of overwhelming panic ran through my body every few minutes, and unlike when on acid, being able to tell the difference between what was real and what wasn't became very difficult at times, leading to even more anxiety and paranoia. I got no enjoyment from them whatsoever. First time was bad, second time was worse. The second time I chugged about a half gallon of milk and sniffed a big line of suboxone, which calmed me down just enough to keep me from going off the deep end.

The visuals were incredibly intense and, unlike with acid, I lost my ability to differentiate between reality and effects of the trip. The only drug experience that even comes close to being as utterly horrific for me was taking dangerously large doses of Dramamine to trip (and let me tell you, trip your balls off you will) while in high school.

The two are very different, so just be cognizant of that. "Mindfuck," as one person called it, is an apt description, though does not even begin to do full justice to the terror I experienced on mushrooms.

Smaller doses of shrooms are certainly not all that visual (1-3 grams, perhaps). Large doses of them will put you in another dimension (5+ grams), which I like. Some of the greatest mind-fuckery I have encountered was on large doses that made me think I was "shamanic" and living in a "haunted universe". I could go on forever, but I'll spare everyone. :)

I took ~2.5 grams last Saturday and I was not dissapoited. It was a beautiful enlightening experience where I accepted death and embraced all of my faults. Although after that nirvana part of the experience I slid into severe paranoia and intense dillusions that made me want to end my life during the experience.

The troublesome part was at the tail end of the experience, like 4-5 hours in so I took 1mg of Xanax and passed out. The visuals were only very prevalent during the latter phases of the trip, everything was morphed out into circular porcupine spikes with a sort of swirling center.

For me shrooms are much more mind and thought altering, not to be the body high from shrooms is amazing, but shrooms can be more sinister in the sense that they make me confront the things in my life that I don't necessarily want to confront like traumas and my negative ways of being, but they are also very therapeutic in that sense. I do get visuals like brighter and enhanced colors, everything becomes more vibrant visually like my visual acuity becomes more sharp. Also I could physically feel the visual vibrance hence the body high

For me shrooms are much more mind and thought altering, not to be the body high from shrooms is amazing, but shrooms can be more sinister in the sense that they make me confront the things in my life that I don't necessarily want to confront like traumas and my negative ways of being, but they are also very therapeutic in that sense. I do get visuals like brighter and enhanced colors, everything becomes more vibrant visually like my visual acuity becomes more sharp. Also I could physically feel the visual vibrance hence the body high
I meant the body high from shrooms are amazing