• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financial burden.

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financial burden.

Governments create laws for us, and some think some Gods do as well. Most countries are following their secular government laws while ignoring religious laws.

I think religions, our tribes within tribes, are now redundant, and a costly moral and financial burden. Like it or not, the state is now our real Gods. We follow state laws.

I like that, given that secular law is rather more moral than the laws of the supernatural Gods.

Those Gods like and use all kinds of evils against their powerless creations. They kill us with frivolous cause when they can just as easily cure, --- when they are not asking us to hate our LGBTQ children, --- and devalue the souls of women, --- just for the hell of it.

Nice that most states do not allow that evil to go too far within its borders. Governments should raise the bar of goodness for religions though. They are getting way too loony in the far Qanon riddled right wing.

Religions promote that we trust our governments as they are there by the will of God.

Religions then proceed to preach for laws that are well below the standards of good governance and what the states have put into place.

The states that allow this are not doing their duty of having the secular law preached by those tax exempt professional con men and liars who run the religion.

If religions are so corrupt to not recognize the better state ideology and law, they should not be allowed to preach it’s evil and inferior theology and laws.

Our children deserve better than what our God religions are giving them.

We pay them many hundreds of dollars yearly.

I am a religious person. My God is as real as all other Gods. He is redundant. That is why Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers for a better set of laws and rules to live by.

I think all the other Gods are redundant, regardless of the vast amount of good they gave us in the past.

I think they have become harmful to our Western societies.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

This take is strange to me, but I guess religion is predicted to be here to stay.

Many religions, in the US, seem to provide little tangible benefit. I think they subsist world wide on "answering" the troubling unknown questions common to life.

So I think they are a financial burden to society. As far as a moral burden.. I don't need their moral guidance so I don't feel burdened, but when you look at religious extremism.. good Lord they seem to be extremely morally burdening.

I would not look to religion nor government to light your way GB.. huck most of that bullshit.

Last edited:
This take is strange to me, but I guess religion is predicted to be here to stay.

Many religions, in the US, seem to provide little tangible benefit. I think they subsist world wide on "answering" the troubling unknown questions common to life.

So I think they are a financial burden to society. As far as a moral burden.. I don't need their moral guidance so I don't feel burdened, but when you look at religious extremism.. good Lord they seem to be extremely morally burdening.

I would not look to religion nor government to light your way GB.. huck most of that bullshit.
They were both good starting points, then Christianity turned against the intelligentsia and started believing in the supernatural.

I expect my government to protect me from those liars and con men but-----

You and I do not need or want the vile anti-law preaching, but we are charged to end it.

Community churches do have a role to play for the community, but they are working and preaching against the common good.

As to the stats, add that in some communities where 96& claim to be Christian, only 5% ever go to church once a year.

All the God religion are dying as modernization returns people to being honest.

Regards
DL

What does going to church have to do with being a Christian.. I have run into some of the least Christ like beings devoutly and actively belonging to christian religions.

All the God religion are dying as modernization returns people to being honest.
Thats gold, quoted for truth

What does going to church have to do with being a Christian.. I have run into some of the least Christ like beings devoutly and actively belonging to christian religions.

Thats gold, quoted for truth
A good point, given that Jesus indicated that it only took two people gathered together to form a tribe/church.

Regards
DL

In response to people crying for a king instead of following the will of god:
1 Samuel 8:11–17
Old Testament
"11 And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.
12 And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.
13 And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.
14 And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants.
15 And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.
16 And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.
17 He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants."

Basically what has happened from my perspective. Instead of self governing laws these kings will exploit the peoples and rule with impunity and greed.
When can this be reversed and will it? I can see the day that rulers will not be trusted, ousted and we will be free of the destruction the people we appoint to rule us are coming to an end.
Again: We have all the necessary means to make this happen but sadly our gods have left our well-being in the hands of delusional hopes of the masses.
We have given our trust to anti-gods and are paying for it.
Maybe I see a glimpse of hope that we are globally awakening to this awful decision of state governments but would like to see it progress at a more rapid rate.

Yes. Organised Religion is the root of all evil. EVERY prejudice or discrimination there is comes from (organised) religion and ALMOST all wars do.

In response to people crying for a king instead of following the will of god:
Which God?

Traditionally, leadership was from a shaman and tribal leader/King.

In such situations, Jesus preached that the elect had to elect a new God.

The anti-Gods today are religions, and I have given my reasons.

If a real supernatural God existed, He/I would condemn the Abrahamic religions to return to their naturalistic roots.

That is a more human place to be to be good humans.

God knows that we had better start honoring our planet, before it casts us off as inferior life.

Regards
DL

Yes. Organised Religion is the root of all evil. EVERY prejudice or discrimination there is comes from (organised) religion and ALMOST all wars do.
No argument.

They are still at it, preaching wise, yet governments allow such vileness to infect our children.

If Christianity and it's sisters walked their talk, we would outlaw them.

Hell, if governments walked their talk, I would not have to be doing my own futile advocacy for justice and action.

Regards
DL

Which God?
Not sure brother.
But whatever was written seems to have come to pass in a big way.
We can define gods at will but to whichever god {maybe common sense and empathy) seems to be right-on with the verses quoted, imo.
Not sure I believe in a "god" other than what is within us that makes us either live/die or both.
My "god" is nature but find it hard to wrap my head around the workings of it all.

Not sure brother.
But whatever was written seems to have come to pass in a big way.
We can define gods at will but to whichever god {maybe common sense and empathy) seems to be right-on with the verses quoted, imo.
Not sure I believe in a "god" other than what is within us that makes us either live/die or both.
My "god" is nature but find it hard to wrap my head around the workings of it all.
You are a Gnostic Christain in all but name and knowledge of what Gnostics wrote.

We are all on Jacob's ladder. It is not always easy to know which rung we are on.

The history in the bible portrays things that come to pass in the minds of all of us at two levels.

The spiritual and the physical. It tries to raise us to the epitome of moral health, as well as trying to make our bodies as secure as tribal policies will allow.

Science says that 96% or so of us think dualistically and in a body soul or body spirit way.

The bible holds something for both of our natures.

Regards
DL