• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Are people who roll at raves not " true ravers"

who really cares if you're a "true raver" or not. if these "true ravers" were really all about PLUR they wouldnt care if you were a true raver or not...they'd accept ya for who you are and not what you are. makes sense hey?
[This message has been edited by bong420tripper (edited 29 July 2001).]

ok, i hate to say it but, i am, in fact, an "old school" raver (1st was masqurave, dc, 1992), who has complained at times about drug use. my case has always been that psychedelics are good and fine; they open up energy from within and present new ideas. but the other drugs that started showing up alot starting in 94/95 like k, ghb, and meth, are not good and fine. that was when instead of seeing happy, glowing faces you'd see some obviously unhappy and frieghtened faces mixed in, usually on the sidelines w/their head in their hands. that's not cool. shit like that ruins my, and everyones elses night. it kills the party.
so i think that any, umm, seasoned raver complaining about drug use isn't talking about ecstacy, they're refering to the other stuff.

People who go to raves just to roll are validating all that crack law crap that THE MAN is trying to pin on us. I got into the music years before i started doing any drugs at all, and i think im better off becuase of it. Theres nothing worse than having all the floor space taken up by people who COULD be rolling at their houses, and listening to their own music. I respect their right to be there, but i wish they would get a handle on their drug problem. And i call it a problem, because its causeing problems with our scene, and with my dancing
wink.gif

So, the short answer is, if you could do w/o the throbbing base, and the fog machine while you take your drugs, then you're no raver, you're a druggie.

I'm a 16 year old raver, and everyone at school is always like, so you going to a rave tonight to do drugs. that just pisses me off so much. i am a sober raver and hate when people assume that i do drugs because i am young and i go to parties. i just wish those dumb people that don't know what they hell they are saying would like research or something to teach themselves.
Smell ya Later
------------------
"It's all fun and games until someone looses an eye."
"Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but i'll work it out."

Maybe its just me, but I am sick and tired of all the kandy kids and the other people who go to raves, eat a pill or two, then sit on the floor (getting back rubs and being stupid) I go to parties for the DJ's and to socialize with my fellow party kids. But anyways, yeah you can go to parties and roll and still be a "true raver" i guess, just don't go there just because roll's go around. Thats my opinion
smile.gif

It is quite simple..
If you like the music and you can have party sober or just take drugs to enhance the party feeling you're a true raver...
If you just go for drugs, you're a fucking creackhead...

WOW....I love to go to raves to get some good vibe, groove with friends and meet ppl. I also love to watch all the "kids" dancing and the different ppl. Am I a TRUE PEOPLE WATCHER??? I mean damn. You are only true if u are true to yourself and your morals and beliefs. IF u go to a rave for drugs than u are a TRUE CRACKHEAD...if u go for the music than in my eyes u are a TRUE MUSIC LOVER of whatever is spinning that night and if u go for both than u are your own TRUE PERSON.. and if u want to be labled as a raver than go for it...I love the scene in general!! So many creative people and I love people!! I just had to put my 2 cents in on this...
treating myself to "magic" instead of "magic" treating me!!!
"e"

How about, instead of generally being disrespectful to the young and their drug use, try to guide them when you meet them at raves.
Everyone knows you are a pretty good listener when fucked up on E, and they will see you as what you are, an experienced raver/drug user.
Educate them instead of pushing them away.
Try to get them to understand the spirit of rave, it isn't about the drugs, it's about the music, the people and the freedom.
PLUR

Also, just a note about this "E gives me much more energy to dance" .. pure bullshit.. I've been at raves going for days, and dancing non-stop for 3 hours without pauses.. If you are in to the music you won't notice when your legs go wobbly, even without the drugs..
If you want more energy to dance, try ephedrine, caffeine, or speed .. or even better.. work out

CarolBarrel...your Awsome!!I didnt start ravin' till i was 17 and did it on my first pill wich i DONT regret!! Ecstacy got me into the music and i thank it for that!!
I dont NEED drugs to have a good time i just prefere it! ECSTACY IS THE BEST THING SINCE SCLICED BREAD!!! Evangelion your poor. You obviosly had a bad E from a poor cunt dealer.. or have never had it! I'm not pushin' drugs on ya just tellin' it straight up!!

*sigh*
Ecstacy got me into the music and i thank it for that!!
That comment makes me sad
frown.gif
I started partyin when I was 17, and didn't eat my first pill til I was 19. I was taught that raves aren't all about drugs and to appreciate the music and what a rave really is before delving into the drugs associated with it.
And now...fuk the drugs I party sober
smile.gif
Or drunk
wink.gif
Does going drunk designate me a not being a "true raver"....NOPE!
------------------
AIM:erratica21
~*~If everyone is standing around, waiting and expecting something great to happen...it never will. It's when no one is watching that the best sets are played:)~*~
~~~D.A.V.E. the Drummer

Most people that do go to raves are not true-ravers. Just because you go to raves and do drugs mean your a raver....fucking bull-shit. That's right...just on the bandwagon. I go to raves a lot, and I enjoy myself for sometime before I do a drug. I use ecstasy to give me energy while I'm raving, but I never take it until the right time. Like when the scene changes to something that I like..such as a good environment, and seeing people that I don't normally talk to. I do binge in acid though at some raves so I stay up for three days. P L U R ! ! !

i'm in the same boat as trancesetter21
i started collecting DJ mix tapes when i was 17. The first concert I went to (not counting Rod Stewart) was the Chemical Bros. when i was the same age. my first rave was shortly after that.
i didn't eat my first pill till i was 19 (almost 2 years into "the scene") and that was mainly because most of the people i hung out w/ had been eating pills and they asked me to try it. after 3 months of researching what MDxx would do to me, i decided to try it.
first the music, then drugs & music, and now just music again splashed w/ a Long Island.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Lane (edited 01 August 2001).]

you gotta go to raves for the fun of it. who cares what people label you as?

I can't believe people are even having this discussion!
As long as people aren't causing hassle then whats the problem? I admit that people sitting down on the dancefloor would piss me off, but a swift accidentally on purpose kick in the arse normally sorts that out!!
And like it or not, drugs are an integral part of the scene. Always have been and always will be.
------------------
viva acid house

If it wasnt for drugs then there really wouldnt be raves. Because why do you think the parties used to be in secret warehouses, because there was mad drug use goin on
------------------
THUGZ N KILLAZ, AXEZ N DRUG DEALAZ.....REPRESENT IT TILL THE DAY THAT I DIE FOR LIFE BOY!!!!