• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Are drugs better than sex?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
This may be controversial but I believe most drugs are better than sex (even mild drugs like cannabis and alcohol). People say I haven't had good sex but I still would disagree. If we're talking about intimacy and love from sex then that's a different story but on a pleasure-to-pleasure basis, drugs win.

Drug addiction has a stronger pull than sex addiction. I don't know any sex addicts who've sold their possessions, chose the streets over shelter, or gone above and beyond to get sex. It's quite clear that allure of drugs is much stronger than that of sex. There have even been studies that show coke, opioids, and amphetamines release more units of dopamine than sex.

euphoria wise hands down. haven’t had any super intimate emotional sex tho so can’t speak on that to compare. But given the choice I would rather trip with an SO and be intimate that way, I feel like that can’t be topped and really creates a bond. but otherwise yea I’m choosing drugs

Drugs (or at least "hard drugs") are definitely better than sex—no question, IMHO—but they aren't better than Love with a capital-"l". . .

Of course, it's up to each of us to trace our own private geographies by mapping the terrains of love % sex onto one another (& vice versa). Different individuals will vary wildly, I'd guess. For instance, I've heard a lot of heartfelt testimony from people who've found that sex is so much more enjoyable when it's done with a partner they truly love. . .

I've never been able to fit my own psyche into the model. Sex and love are not only different things to me, but almost opposites. In love relationships, for instance, I'm shaped by the values of warmth & loyalty & respect. . . . while sex per se, I start to see as something inherently callous & physical & depersonalized, inherently ruling it out for any higher purposes.

But upholding those values day-in, day-out makes it even harder to conjure up the eroticism of the unfamiliar (not to say the louche or even the evil. . . ) something fundamentally callous & physical & depersonalized, which inherently rejects any higher purposes — no, IMO, "good sex" is not "making love" by any stretch.

Sex, for me, is something that can never be dragged entirely into the light of our empirical, rationalist culture. It macerates in our own libidinal excess, hiding in the dark corners of our psyches.

Maybe for you. I'm a cute gay guy , I can get good drugs and great sex on the reg.

Well if you do it long enough..a few hours you will be sore for a few days. Was on Adderall and meth once and went around 2 hours pounding and my weiner was sore for a few days.

No. The rush I get from the validation and reciprocity of a sexual relationship is far more thrilling for me. And I've tried all the drugs.

This may be controversial but I believe most drugs are better than sex (even mild drugs like cannabis and alcohol). People say I haven't had good sex but I still would disagree. If we're talking about intimacy and love from sex then that's a different story but on a pleasure-to-pleasure basis, drugs win.

Drug addiction has a stronger pull than sex addiction. I don't know any sex addicts who've sold their possessions, chose the streets over shelter, or gone above and beyond to get sex. It's quite clear that allure of drugs is much stronger than that of sex. There have even been studies that show coke, opioids, and amphetamines release more units of dopamine than sex.

100% yes

Honestly it depends on set&setting. Both can feel very good and be quite rewarding but I think that having sex with someone you really like/love tends to be a better experience overall.