• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Are doctors with or against helping people continue their drug use?

That's really true, @Atelier3, just if you could harm yourself or others and this means also threatening or something the can get you to a Psych-Ward. I have that problem with my neighbour. She is totally crazy, calles the police because I would torture my cats with the hoover and she sent me the Firemen 2 times because my flat would burn. Nothing burned!!! I could tell you thousand things I cannot do anything against her. So why should you be sent to a Psych-Ward?

JJ

It has to be a pretty serious form of harm I think. I’m not sure hoovering cats would count.

It has to be a pretty serious form of harm I think. I’m not sure hoovering cats would count.
But the police is standing in front of the door - thats the problem. They for sure never believed what she said. :rolleyes: And you can be sure it's hurting them like hell with a Dyson plus they get mad.

Furthermore, as a urology nurse having tended to hundreds, and possibly over 1,000 infant circumcisions at this point in my life, the main reason infants cry inconsolably is due to being put on the circumcision board and having their limbs immobilized with Velcro. They hate lying flat as they’re used to being swaddled in blankets and being curled in their mother’s (or father’s) arms. Doctors use either a local nerve block, lidocaine gel, or a combination of both before any circumcision is undertaken. Thus, your statements about trauma about “having witnessed extreme abuse against an infant” are absolute bullshit in my book. You undoubtedly saw an infant screaming during the course of a routine infant circumcision, or perhaps a bris, which happens to millions of baby boys in the US every year. And guess what? They’re all screaming, until they get back into the arms of a loved one.

Ok, I really don't think you understood me regarding my issues. I think you need to just sit back, relax, and stop judging people with mental health problems, which I am sure you are very well aware that I have mental health problems.

The doctor put me in a position where I thought I was going to lose part of my hearing. I think you need to shut up and stop projecting yourself onto me like that. I am not playing the victim here, I think you are trying to make me look like some kind of lunatic, and I am not impressed at all by your pious arrogance.

And as for MALE GENITAL MUTILATION, I think you need to shut up about that too.

How the fuck would you like it if someone STRAPPED YOU DOWN and then proceeded to CUT part of your genitals for NO MEDICAL JUSTIFICATION?

My body my CHOICE, right? Isn't this argument what justifies abortion? Get real. It's his body too. Stop making light of this outrageous sick genital mutilation.

Seriously, back off with this shit. And to the people who liked the post, I think you guys need to sit back and stop validating her post, because you've probably just lost a friend on here because you backed her up.

A WOMAN MAKING LIGHT ABOUT MALE GENITAL MUTILATION. ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT. YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. CIRCUMCISION IS BULLSHIT AND IT IS MEDICALLY UNNECESSARY AND YOU SHOULD KNOW IT.

All you have achieved here honey is that you've made me even more mentally ill than I already was. Thank you. You made my day. [SARCASM INTENDED]

Last edited:
I just lost consciousness. I'm not sure how long I was out for, but probably only a few seconds because I came back and edited my post to delete the cuss words. I am not feeling well after reading her scathing post. Please, if you can't understand why someone is against infant genital mutilation, then I don't even want to bother talking to you or listening to you.

Last edited:
Please always tell the doc about drug use otherwise he can't help you properly or harm you unpurposely! The are not allowed to talk about that to others and there is no way they send you to a special treatment or something.

JJ
Maybe you are right JoEhJoEh. Technically, even when the drug in your system is not the problem. You should tell, but I have a very negative look on how people are treated when they are categorized as drug abuser.

When I had my seizure they asked and tested me for all kinds of drugs. I didn't mention my illegal Benzo usage.

On the genital topic, circumcission should be an adult own choice. Not something you would do on a baby imo.

The only one that showed was THC. All the rest was clear, but I didn't OD, or take opiates and / or Cocaine. They always specificly ask for those two.

Last edited:
I just lost consciousness. I'm not sure how long I was out for, but probably only a few seconds because I came back and edited my post to delete the cuss words. I am not feeling well after reading her scathing post. Please, if you can't understand why someone is against infant genital mutilation, then I don't even want to bother talking to you or listening to you.

I personally don't support circumcision or any kind of genital mutilation, I think it's a stupid belief and kind of barbaric. But just hearing about it or even seeing it wouldn't make any healthy person want to commit suicide. Also the fact that an internet post can have such a huge impact on your mental health is pretty concerning.

Is there a way you could seek professional help? Like as soon as possible. I'm worried about you man, seems like your mind is looking out for any excuse to justify commiting suicide... Life must be terrible for you right now with every negative thing having such an impact, but it doesn't have to be like that. The right mix of medication and therapy could really help you change your life for the better.

Hey @Flynnal - I hope you are feeling better and have recovered from your episode. I think a number of people here are concerned for your wellbeing.

I just wanted to say that while being opposed to circumcision is a very legitimate position shared by many millions of people, attempting to kill yourself by drinking Nembutal because you saw a video of it is highly dysfunctional by any measure. So is threatening to commit suicide because you disagree with a medical diagnosis about your hearing. Likewise, passing out and then becoming near hysterical because of something you read online that you disagree with is pretty irregular.

@BellaJewel made very legitimate and educational comments about circumcision. She has every right to express her opinion here and no reasonable person could have been harmed in any way by anything she said. It’s not cool to shout her down and attempt to silence her because you disagree or because of her gender.

Almost all your posts on BL reference your suicidal thoughts. Suicide is a very serious issue that has touched the lives of many bluelighters and because we are a caring community threats or intimations of suicide are taken seriously. They are also quite taxing on the community given there is little in the way of prevention or support that can really be given anonymously and online over the internet. They are especially taxing if you try and blame another member for making you suicidal or mentally ill as you have with @BellaJewel

As @4meSM has suggested, it may be a good idea for you to get yourself some urgent psychiatric attention if you are so triggered that you are threatening or considering suicide. I know from your previous posts that you are familiar with the public hospitals where you live. If you cannot access a private psychiatrist then all you need to do is go to the Emergency Department and state that you have a history of suicide attempts and are again feeling suicidal. This will put you at the head of the queue for attention and ensure that you are placed in an in-patient facility as a matter of urgency until you are stabilised.

If you need some additional help getting yourself admitted feel free to PM and I’ll do what I can to help.

I'm worried about you man, seems like your mind is looking out for any excuse to justify commiting suicide...

Not at all. I've been suffering ever since the day I was born. I have autism spectrum disorder, ADHD and brain damage due to my mother being 36 hours in labor and me being deprived of oxygen.

You could talk to my dad about this pretty much forever. I was doomed from the start. I'd like to think that I have a handle on this, and I wish I did...but I know I don't and even being conscious is too painful.

I'm not trying to justify killing myself. I'm trying to explain why I don't want to be around any more.

So is threatening to commit suicide because you disagree with a medical diagnosis about your hearing.

You mean the diagnosis that put me at risk of permanent hearing loss? I mean, fucking hell. It wasn't because I disagreed, it was because I thought I was going to go deaf!!!!

@BellaJewel made very legitimate and educational comments about circumcision. She has every right to express her opinion here and no reasonable person could have been harmed in any way by anything she said. It’s not cool to shout her down and attempt to silence her because you disagree or because of her gender.

I disagree with this wholeheartedly. These arguments are hardly legitimate nor are they educational in any way whatsoever. It's genital mutilation. It actually became fashionable as a way to stop boys from masturbating. Whether that was 100% effective is a moot point. That was the original intent. Then it was "medicalised". Of course she has the right to express an opinion, but someone who defends infant genital mutilation should be truly ashamed of themselves. How many times have you heard a woman getting angry at a man for having pro-life views because he doesn't have a uterus? A woman does not have a penis - so the same argument applies here. It isn't her body, why is she defending genital mutilation of members of the opposite sex? I wonder how she would like it if I told her she wasn't allowed to control what happens to her body? Honestly, I find abortion so distressing but I'm not going to force my views on another person. But hey, people do it to male infants all the time. Because that's what circumcision is - it's about CONTROLLING another person's body in the most barbaric and disgusting way imaginable. Ripping off half the skin of a week old baby's penis is about as sick and disturbing as it gets.

People kill themselves over a lot less than stuff like this. I don't even know what to say to you.

I do need help, but it's only because I live in a world full of sick psychopaths who do horrible things...and then justify their acts with rationalizations and intellectualizations after the fact.

As someone famously put it: It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Last edited:
Wow. Enough said.

Well, @BellaJewel, I'm so terribly sorry for going off at you, but please understand I was in a very, very, very dark place when I went off like that. I hope you are able to forgive me. I was deeply hurt by your attempt to put circumcision in a positive light when the vast majority of the civilized world has put that sort of thing behind them a long, long time ago.

You are wrong about the history of circumcision. It has existed for thousands of years in multiple cultures and is performed for multiple reasons. For the Jews it has a religious value, signifying their special covenant with God. For Australian Aborigines (where it is performed age 13 or so) it signifies entering manhood and bravery.

For Western people it has been considered important for hygiene. A lot of recent medical evidence indicates that it protects against venereal disease and especially HIV. It also reduces sensitivity of the glans allowing men a bit more sexual endurance.

I myself was circumcised and suffered no ill effects. In many ways I feel lucky as it has been my experience that women generally prefer a cut cock and many have commented favourably on the aesthetics of my member. I have known a number if women who flat out won’t suck an uncut cock because they think they are dirty.

As far as discussing this issue on BL goes, you need to learn to agree to disagree as it is a legitimately debateable topic. Circumcision is not illegal, it is widely practiced, and it is culturally important for many groups. Furthermore, many of its alleged victims have grown up happy and comfortable with their cut cocks.

There needs to be a degree of respect for both sides of the argument.

There needs to be a degree of respect for both sides of the argument.

Genital integrity is a basic human right. Otherwise, why would female genital cutting be illegal?

This one-sided nonsense is what has been getting at me. Women are protected from this barbaric violation, yet men are at the mercy of whoever has control over them as a baby. It's fucking disturbing.

And this recent medical evidence you talk about - take that a sign that circumcision is a dying practice, and that doctors who profit from it would like it to continue. This hygiene argument is absolute bullshit. Women have more genital hygiene problems than intact men, yet no one talks about cutting a woman to make it "cleaner"...um, actually they do, in other countries, but not somewhere like Australia where you'd be jailed, and rightly so.

You can't deny one gender the same rights that another gender take for granted. You just can't.

Your experience might be different to many others. I know of men who have taken their own lives because they were unhappy that someone took liberties with their sex organs.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree to disagree here. It's not your penis, you should have no say in what happens to it unless there is a serious medical justification - and this bullshit about reducing STDs is just that, fucking bullshit. Go to the USA, look at their STD rates. Then go to Europe, look at their rates. Europe has less STD incidence, and yet circumcision there is almost unheard of.

It's a cultural thing, you sure got that part right, but please don't bring "science" into it or you're just going to infuriate me even more. Anyone who tries to claim that genital cutting is anything other than some weird cultural phenomenon is being disingenuous to the 19th degree.

Circumcision is not illegal

If that's the only damned argument we have to defend this bullshit, then it shows that we are in a great deal of trouble here. Cut a girl, go to jail. Cut a boy, cash a cheque. If that isn't fucked up I seriously don't know what is.

If you get infuriated that’s on you, not me. I’m just bringing fact-based arguments to the discussion.

The interesting thing about high STD rates in America is that the incidence of such STD’s is predominately in ethnic communities with LOW rates of circumcision. Groups with high rates of circumcision have lower rates of STD.

Also, the comparison with female genital mutilation is quite disingenuous. FGM is undertaken EXPRESSLY to reduce female sexual pleasure. That is the only reason it is done. It also creates numerous health problems for women in its extreme forms.

The attached article is a good summary of the proven health benefits of circumcision. While the experience may be unpleasant for babies (though probably not as unpleasant as 12 hours being squeezed through the birth canal), there is no denying it brings benefits later in life.

Any man who would kill himself because he didn’t have a foreskin very likely had some other issues going on.

The interesting thing about high STD rates in America is that the incidence of such STD’s is predominately in ethnic communities with LOW rates of circumcision. Groups with high rates of circumcision have lower rates of STD.

So please explain why Europe has lower rates of STDs then in spite of having low rates?

It is comparable to minor forms of female circumcision, yes, but guess what? The minor FGM is also done using the same old hygiene and culture arguments. It's abuse wrapped up in a veil of legitimacy.

I'm going to quit here, because I see no point in trying to get people to explain why a person should have the right to decide whether they want to cut parts of their sex organs off to make other people happy, for some ridiculous hygiene "benefit" that can be just as easily had by getting under a fucking shower and learning to wash themselves.

There's a thread about male genital mutilation over >>here<< if you'd like to discuss further folks.

Let's try and keep this on topic y'all :)
i seriously told everyone in my topic that my question has been answered

but seriously, i read online that circumzising your penis cuts off some nerves in your penis that where meant for pleasure

please dont do it lol

Reactions: CFC
but seriously, i read online that circumzising your penis cuts off some nerves in your penis that where meant for pleasure

Love, try telling that to @BellaJewel

I tried to explain to her in a private message why it's sick and disgusting to do this to a baby. I also explained to her that attitudes towards sex have changed, I also threw in the fact that abortion is legal pretty much everywhere because the right to your own body is supposedly paramount. Well, apparently there are so really really truly disgusting mental gymnastics going on here if someone supports a woman's right to choose yet defends infant circumcision (a euphemism for mutilation) refuses to see how evil mutilating the sex organs of a defenseless baby is.

Clearly not!

LOL, I won't ever, I repeat, won't ever, uphold or respect anyone's right to mutilate an infant. Certainly not when people are screaming from the rooftops about bodily autonomy. If there is anyone to abuse, it's these people who think an infant is a piece of property, chattel, to do with whatever they see fit, like a fashion accessory. Human beings have human rights, and genital integrity and by extension, sexual integrity is one of those most basic of human rights. Take that away from a child, and I'll lose ALL respect for you. I've cut a few people out of my life who I thought were friends, until I found out they did this to their sons. It's fucking 2020. There's no more room for this abject cruelty.