View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Apparently not mdma, but something a little more strange

Lifefrequencies

Greenlighter
New poster, I would like to know if anyone has had a similar experience and if so I would like to know what the drug was called.

I just had a pretty absurd, mind altering experience on what I believed was molly mdma. I've had a couple experiences with Molly, where I tested the substance and verified.
However for this experience I was under the impression that I was taking mdma but the experience I had with this unknown drug, although it certainly had similarities to my previous mdma experiences, did not match those.

This experience has a very upfront psychedelic quality, in that it changed the world around me in a way I never thought possible.
I kept getting waves of intense anxiety and then waves of comfort and euphoria. This isn't abnormal abnormal with drugs...the strange part was that everyone around my directly responded to my thoughts. Not in small ways that I could have told myself I was making things up but in increasingly extreme ways. By increasingly extreme I mean, they were less likely to be coincidences. Anytime a wave of anxiety would come, which occurred every couple minutes or so, people would start to fight in front of me, people I was with and also strangers, and as soon as a wave of comfort came they would instantly drop whatever there fight and start smiling and dancing with one another. I was sitting still and calm the entire time this was going on, but my surroundings directly responded to my thoughts in this way. I hardly had any conversation at all with the people I was with at the time, I was too dumb struck by the reliability of the effect. It wasn't as if I was in a bad mood and I said something rude and that's why people fought, this was people outside of my group as well, they would respond to my ins and outs of anxiety. This experience defied what I thought was real, I did not have control over people, it wasn't like a superpower or anything...the waves of anxiety and euphoria were more in control, I was just along for the ride. It felt like I was on autopilot and in my own strange, trippy, first person movie of sorts. This was a very scary surreal sort of experience, it gave slight visual distortions like mdma can but this experience was less of that comforting, loved up sort of experience that I am familiar with. This was in and out of the darker and brighter parts of life but without the visuals and what nots of other psychedelics that allow you to have comfort in the drugs unique quality. This drug was very grounded in the sense that there were no floating above my body, no crazy geometrical cevs, or any other far outs that are distinct in psychedelics. This was more like life as I know it took on a very strange context, and it was as if I was in the middle of a joke that everyone was in on and they all knew what I was thinking. Theres definitely more to the story if anyone's interested-some serious synchronicities or coincidences that lead up to this and occurred throughout. But this strange responsive moods effect is something I don't have a word for to google so I figured I'd ask here. I apologize in advance if I made any mistakes or broke any rules, I got familiar with some of the rules and as far as I know this is an acceptable way to post, if not sorry about that

I have experienced telepathy / shared thoughts with friends on dmt numerous times and many cases of this have been documented. I have no idea what you took but i have experienced similar things on DMT. The world / mind / reality really is stranger than fiction.

Very true, and in a strange way I came out of the trip with that being one of its clearest lessons. It was as if I was in a sims game and someone linked my moody ins and outs with some happy/unhappy switch directly connected to everyone around, to demonstrate some extreme form of empathy. This wasn't the fuzzy empathy either...this was the "watch this unbelievable terrifying craziness so you don't screw with people's lives" sort of empathy. It was the epitome of the saying "watch your step". MDMA tends to be harsh on a come down, I find myself a little disappointed that it was over, and with this substance, I was very relieved when it tapered off.
thanks for the reply btw, I've looked into dmt but never read or heard to much on that aspect of dmt. I'm going to see what I can find

When I do acid it's always like this. It's like I'm directly connected to everything that's going on. I look smile at the sun an it shines more. I feel bad about something I've done and crows start squawking, cars start roaring, wind starts rushing etc. Welcome to psychedelia.

Right I've had those experiences with acid and mushrooms myself. Just went to a festival not too long ago where the birds were laughing ecstatically with my friends and I. The distinction in my question which I probably failed to make clear is that the substance barley felt mind altering. Emphasis on the "felt," I'm fully aware that this could very well be just an undiscovered product of my mind. I was myself with all of my normal thoughts, it was the way my surroundings were that was tripping me up. I've experienced trips with acid and psylocibin and read on dmt, salvia and some of shulgins obscures but I havent found this specific flavor of drug experience. Also I should have stated the similarities to mdma which I thought I took in the first place... besides the slight visuals, there was jawing and it got pretty speedy, slight drop of pitch in the auditory realm. It honestly felt like some strange force hijacked my mdma experience and hid its meanings in it and left laughing up a storm but waving its finger at me. -- sounds crazy but it really left some oddly specific feelings

are you sure your calm calmed others and
your anxiety spread to others,
and not the other way around?

time stretches and echoes confusing resolution of cause and effect

^ Yeah, that's what I'd suggest. Alternatively, perhaps in calm periods your mind only noticed happy details, and in anxious periods only noticed unhappy ones (while in 'shared reality' everything carried on in much the same way all night).

I'd be interested in hearing more details.

Yeah see that was how I was attempting to rationalize the whole thing while it was happening at first but as soon as I had that thought, the trip kind of made fun of my trying to rationalize and showed some more extreme examples. My friends girlfriend had some old friends over and we all went out (so most of this stuff was at a couple different bars,) a guy and a girl she knew from her hometown. She was having a conversation with the guy about their families, you know regular meaningless sort of conversation...how's everyone, oh yeah that's good blah blah blah. Everything was pretty sweet...and the moment a hint of negative thought came on in my mind, the guy just yelled I hate your whole fucking family. This came out of nooooo where, I looked at the her face to see if this guy was just joking or something even though I knew he wasn't somehow and she was disgusted that he'd say that and asked him why he did, and at the moment for some reason I got a wave of some better feelings and they just smiled and went back to laughing and even started dancing. These emotional swings weren't natural and made absolutely no sense. It wasn't anything I was confused about, this drug didn't really alter me in that way, I was still sharp. It was like if you could design a video game or something and switch the crowd from being a booing crowd to a cheering crowd, it happened in a snap and didn't make sense to the context of the conversations and what was happening around me. I was just sitting still witnessing it all, and it was beyond me. I tried to rationalize it like I said but it reassured me on many different levels that something very strange was going down and I just had to ride it out. This guy who screamed was a pretty calm person, polite, he was a nice guy...I didn't know him well but he turned into some sort of prick every time I had anxiety. He pushed the other friend(the girl) to the ground, she landed on a couch in the lounge at this bar we were at...I thought at that moment for sure I was going to have to put his head through a window or something but for some reason a random wave of euphoria came and everyone just laughed at it. It really wasn't an acceptable joke but they all looked back at me in this creepy way, as if to say "that was a close one," at this point I'm 100 percent certain I'm in the twilight zone.

i should clarify because I did call the trip a mind altering experience and in the report I did say that it didn't alter my my mind and that I was pretty sharp. What I originally meant by mind altering was that it left me with some very new confirmations about the inner workings of life.

Last edited:
It's seem like you've already understood what it was trying to show you. I don't have many reassuring words except that I have had the same twilight zone-esque experiences as well. There's many different lessons in these types of experiences, go as deep and learn as much as you can >3

It's drugs making u make these connections....the drug and your mind are not controlling the outside world

There's no control aspect necessary for the connections to be real.

I want to reassure, I certainly do not think that I was the control factor of this experience...that's not to say I wasn't responsible for my choices in the matter. I was not controlling minds or anything like that..I was being affected by a drug that seemed to affect more than just me, in a way that I never thought possible. I will agree that this was the effect of a drug, thats fine, and of course not inaccurate...its just the obvious part of the explanation, and is hardly the driving point in my opinion. I say this respectfully, I just feel that saying that it was just an experience on a drug is like saying that stepping into the unknown is just a strange little walk on the wild side. Neither explanation is inaccurate but I'd have to say, there is more to be said and I'm interested in the points passed the obvious ones. That's not to say this particular discussion needs anymore attention..I would be open to it. I think there is something to be said of similar experiences on psychedelics

Last edited:
It's drugs making u make these connections....the drug and your mind are not controlling the outside world

He made you say that Dreamer.

And he made me post this.

Damn, I sure do hope he doesn't make me go to school in my underwear...again. ;)

Have you confirmed with your friends these events actually happened. It is easy to get the wrong end of the stick while on drugs. Sort of sounds an atypical mdma experience, maybe MDA. People do get very real halucinations on high dose mdma though

Yeah the night went according to the events, how it went down is the matter of opinion I guess. The conversations, the events. Of course no one's going to agree on my deeper account of the whole thing, not even my friend who I took it with. I do take comfort in the way reality pieces itself back together in a sober sense after all is said and done, and I can use words like delusion to sort of constrain a part of my less skeptical mind from becoming too rampant. What still gets me is that during the whole thing, I was frightened but not because of how much things were different from my normal reality but more because it seemed like an intensified strange mundane experience. I checked my pulse, I looked at the clock. What usually gets me with psychedelics is that time becomes something else, it seems arbitrary and hardly anything to take serious- usually can't even remember how the measurement of time is used or what in the world it would be used for because it doesn't seem linear on those trips with acid or shrooms. With this drug, time kept its way...I did not go to any mindsets of hyper focus, and hidden lights and fractals that undo the world in front of me and show the building blocks of reality like I would with lsd or mushrooms.
I don't know, I'm almost wondering if it's like you said. Maybe it was just the dose of mdma that I didn't realize could hit like that. I'm used to mdma getting a little strange in the way that not only would I go up to people I wouldn't usually have the courage or even interest to speak with, but random people would come up to me as if this unusual confidence attracted people at an unusual rate. It could be that this dose, instead of having a long roll with loving empathy and then a single harsh comedown....That single up and down came as a more frequent fluctuation, if that makes sense. The frequency of the ups and downs, and lack of time distortion makes it harder to just write off, it was something I thought about while it was going down, and the ups and downs happened so much and so reliably that I could keep track of what came before what.

To me it sounds like it could have been AMT or some research chemical but there's no way to know without testing it.

AMT sounds interesting. The last I read about it, the person took an excessive amount of the drug and had a panicked trip with some pretty interesting hallucinations. The tripper said his friends head completely morphed into many things including a block of cheese. Other than that I've only read about this class of experience in sketchy doses of Benadryl- where people claim to even have conversations with their vivid sort of hallucinations, realizing only after the come down that they were hallucinating.

Not trying to narrow down what drug I took btw, although I was curious if mdma has affected anyone in a similar way. I was still very spooked by the trip when I wrote the post out so it probably reads like I was spooked. just interested in like experiences with any substance

Things that I've seen/experienced on MDMA/MDA:

A cruise liner outside a club.
A train inside a club, with a bussling city scene behind it.
A lorry driving down a bicycle track.
Friends who weren't there, Suddenly disappearing.
Smoking cigarettes which dissapear.
Trying to use a phone which isn't there.
Trying to mix on decks which aren't there.
A borrower riding past on a bicycle.

This is incredibly common in the UK.

I think that the reason other countries are less aware of this is because in the UK we have a kind of "session culture" whereby you go to a party for a weekend and take a lot MDMA and ketamine, and any other drugs which are readily available. MDMA > MDA in the stomach, and whilst the amount of MDA that created is theorised to be quite small, you do need a lot less MDA than MDMA to trip, and it was longer lasting. From what I see on blue light there is a significantly more hesitant attitude towards MDMA in, say, the USA.