• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Apparently, kids are now abusing tylenol ...

And that's supposed to mean what? That every irresponsible 8-13 year old should die for being uninformed about the effects of drugs on their body/mind? Governments make credible drug info next to unattainable for your average young person so all they're left with is the experiences and assumptions of their peers.

Think Before You Open Your Mouth.

Well here in Indiana I know you can get liquid cough medicine with codeine, you just have to ask the pharmacist and they have to sell it to you. I would be willing to bet that it also has acetaminophen in it. This could be what they are talking about but I doubt it. Also, (why) did (that) article (have) a lot (of) these ().?

mclaughlinr1 said:
^lacey k is correct for all nonamericans who don't agree. you really can't get codeine in the US without a perscription.

even tylenol with codeine is schedule 3 in the US. spunkyskunk... you're just wrong on this one.

"just because some person doesnt know that codeine is banned in the US doesn't mean they're ignorant"

actually i think that's the definition of ignorant 8(

what? i believed lacey k when she said codeine wasn't available. i'm a bit high so i could be missing something but i don't think it's common knowledge to know what's available over the counter in a country on the other side of the world.

Last edited:
Im sure it will do more harm to show this story than to leave it alone. Now kids will see this on the news or in the paper and be like....tylenol!!!!! no way!!!!!!!!! Lets get fucked up.

Christ! said:
what? i believed lacey k when she said codeine wasn't available. i'm a bit high so i could be missing something but i don't think it's common knowledge to know what's available over the counter in a country on the other side of the world.

nah its a misunderstanding, it wasnt you that we were talkin bout. it was that other kid who was like HOW MUCH YOU WANNA FRIGGEN BET. ITS IN OTC COUGH SYRUP I KNOW IT IS.

I was saying to you, that it aint ignorant to not know what's available over the counter in a country on the other side of the world, but, when a person who lives on that other side of the world tells you what is and aint avaialable, prooving you wrong, and you still refuse to listen, then you are being ignorant. in reference to the "how much you wanna bet" poster who was wrong, not you. :)

Cdeine.jpg

Iunno what this whole bidness with Indiana is, but this is from a federal chart of scheduled substances. hopefully that can end the debate lol. sorry for the width but i cant help it, any smaller and you coulndt read it (chart was a PDF)

hey bud, i wansn't trying to start anything; i now see that you probably just (are, shall i say ignorant?) have a wrong definition of the word "ignorant." just because something isn't common knowlegde does not mean you're not ignorant for not knowing it.

anything you do not know you are ignorant to, it's that simple.

again, didn't mean to start any trouble. i just saw someone be defensive over a misunderstanding so i thought i would clear it up.

sorry, i just perceive ignorant sometimes as a negative type of word. misinformed is a better one i reakon :)

StaffWriter said:
Was this from a television station or an AP story? Obviously, this journalist did not do their homework on this half-ass story. Okay, the otc drugs they're probably talking about are coriciden (anything with DXM) or ephedrine. Sounds like Tara was probably using an something with DXM in them and then they got some quote about Tylenol. I hate local television media outlets.

That sounds quite possible. When I was in a drug problem, the nurses just would not accept that I was using something called DXM. They kept talking about me using psuedoephridine. It was bloody frustrating. These were psych nurses running a drug dependance course and they knew so little about it.

yeah, it mostly is used that way. it's just hard to not correct people's speech when you study english; i try though :) heh, i hold back more often than you'd assume!

...i got 9 tylenol 500mg pills, by the time you read this i'll be sooo hiiiiiiigh.

Mr. Pastorius said:
a true sign of this nations decline.
Not even close.
spider from mars said:
Isn't it harm reduction to find these kids and tell them to start using real drugs?
Yes and no. While we believe in harm reduction, we also tend to strongly support natural selection here.