• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Console Apparently, Capcom wants to remake Resident Evil 1... AGAIN!

Plane N SIM Pill

Bluelighter
Absolutely sick through the teeth of Capcom milking Resident Evil.

RE7 and 8 are dumb as hell. They also made a Netflix series where Albert Wesker was black. And of course, there are the lame Paul Anderson movies as well.

There's also a lot of rubbish spin off games and other remakes with most of the original story completely butchered.

The series generally lost the horror tone once it delved into straight-up action. Although this is the thing with big franchises. No matter how convoluted it all eventually becomes, companies just continue to suck it all dry.

RE4 may be a fun game, but that was when the genre shifted towards mundane sci-fi hockum. Then they introduced co-op in RE5 which just ruined the atmospheric tone set by the likes of RE2, etc.

Capcom just sucks.

Dude...

The character was not black to begin with. It's not a race thing anyway. I love Duane Jones in The Walking Dead universe, and he's a black protagonist. If Albert Wesker was black to begin with, then I would say he shouldn't be white if he was not written that way.

I understand different actors can play a role and be from another country. Bela Lugosi is generally considered to be the best Dracula, for example, yet Christopher Lee, Frank Langella and numerous other international stars were absolutely fine in the role. But in this case, nah. It was just a bit of a strange choice.

I never seen the Netflix series, but a lot of viewers said the late Lance Reddick made it above average. But Capcom really has been milking the franchise with all of these seminal reboots, sequels, and media that is often poorly received. So it just bugs me.