• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Anything that is LEGAL to help with a diazepam reduction?

UK Warrior

Bluelighter
Hi everyone. Hope you are all OK.

I have been abusing a lot of drugs, and alcohol, since I was in my teens, am coming up to 31 now.

I used to get Etizolam and flubromazepam when it was legal here in the uk. I am not asking for drugs that are illegal or sources, but if there is an alternative to my prescribed Diazepam at the moment? The only time I have stayed of alcohol for 2 years was with Etizolam, then the law changed here.

So if there is anything I can look for that offers similar properties, such as anxiety relief, what should I look for? I don't mind if it is a herbal remedy, something others have tried and has worked, if it can help me stop the alcohol and come off the diazepam.

Thank you all, Conan.

Clonidine is an amazing anxiolytic....get a script. Not a controlled substance, easily prescribed. Lowers blood pressure and inhibits norepinephrine release (calms fight or flight response) very sedating Clonidine is, actually feels like a benzo lol, used for opioid / benzo / alcohol withdrawal

Gabapentin or Pregabalin (Lyrica) would be good, could even combine with Clonidine

Valerian, Skull cap, hopes, Kava kava, Passion flower, Melatonin all help before bed

Those are the best options shy of using Etizolam or Diazepam.

Clonidine 0.1mg tablet with Gabapentin 900mg would be great after dinner relaxing before bed to sleep nicely, I have found. Your family doc or any walk-in clinic would script you for these, Health store for natural stuff.

Diazepam (Valium) should be the easiest to reduce / wean off of no? It has such a long half life, usually used for to get off other short acting benzos like Xanax.

Just a heads up. Clonidine is physically addicting like benzodiazepines but in a different way. I know because when I first starting seeing my psychiatrist he made me take it for a while before he'd give me a benzo script. It made my chest feel weird so I stopped taking it and had like a rebound effect when I stopped, which was only a couple weeks later. It's a heart/blood-pressure medicine and I'd personally avoid it unless you need it for that

Clonidine is an amazing anxiolytic....get a script. Not a controlled substance, easily prescribed. Lowers blood pressure and inhibits norepinephrine release (calms fight or flight response) very sedating Clonidine is, actually feels like a benzo lol, used for opioid / benzo / alcohol withdrawal

Gabapentin or Pregabalin (Lyrica) would be good, could even combine with Clonidine

Valerian, Skull cap, hopes, Kava kava, Passion flower, Melatonin all help before bed

Those are the best options shy of using Etizolam or Diazepam.

Clonidine 0.1mg tablet with Gabapentin 900mg would be great after dinner relaxing before bed to sleep nicely, I have found. Your family doc or any walk-in clinic would script you for these, Health store for natural stuff.

Diazepam (Valium) should be the easiest to reduce / wean off of no? It has such a long half life, usually used for to get off other short acting benzos like Xanax.
All good advice. Yes Valium has a long half life, plus active metabolites, so it's the best commonly prescribed BZD for tapering. The active mets provide additional cushioning even after the initial dose wears off so it's perfect for that purpose. Klonipin lasts a long time but has no active metabolites so when it's done it's like going off a cliff. Valium you float a little more gently to the ground. Tapering the dose is the ideal solution.

The above mentioned ancillary substances can be helpful. I'd add a recommendation for limited use of phenibut to supplement the taper but it's definitely addictive in itself so be careful with it, take it with the approach of tapering that down too. Benadryl can help sleep. If you can get it, Vistaril or Atarax (different forms of hydroxyzine) are excellent for anxiety and sleep as well. They are Rx only but not controlled. Hyxdroxyzine is an antihistamine primarily but also acts on serotonin receptors. It's often used as a benzo alternative when docs don't want to write for controlled drugs. I imagine most doctors would be happy to write for it.

amanita muscaria. search youtube for klonopin amanita

If you manage to get Lyrica on script that would be a lifesaver. Another would be Valproate (Deprakine/Depakote), it's a very strong anticonvulsive medication I've been given to prevent seizures while in withdrawal. It worked really good, reduced twitching and calmed my mood somewhat. It should be quite easy to get, as it has no recreational value whatsoever. A few weeks ago I had a relapse and drank alcohol and took various benzos (temazepam, clonazepam) and when I noticed I started
to get WD symptoms I called my doctor and explained my situation and she immediately wrote a script for Valproate and it was very effective. And has no side effects for me.

I've only found few legal stuff that has helped me with my withdrawal. Magnesium is the best, magnesium citrate. Vitamine B12 and Omega-3 for my cognition seems to help somewhat. Melatonin for sleep is good.

Kava felt like a benzo to me, might be worth a shot. Knocked me right out, I hate half a brownie that I had gotten from a headshop. Felt just like a benzo.

If the goal is to reduce the cycle of dependence... and you want something easy to get and that doesn't require a script... then

kava.