• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anything legal/easily prescribed that helps you wake up in the morning and low risk?

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
I haaaaaaaaaaaaate waking up in the morning. Doesn't matter how much sleep I get, it always sucks. Right now I have no job and it's even worse because nothing forces me to get up and move. I try to be healthy and go out and walk/run to try to wake up but that seems to exhaust me more. It should be noted that I have a heart problem that probably adds to all my tiredness.

Does anyone know of any safe, legal supplements that help you wake up and start your day off right? Or something I could ask my doctor for that's not a highly controlled substance? What do you do to help you wake up?

It'd be unwise to take advice from random people on what drugs to take considering you have 'heart problems', especially when almost anything that 'wakes you up in the morning' is invariably going to be a stimulant.

Is there some reason you aren't considering caffeine?

That's the obvious answer, in MODERATE doses of course (not like me, I NEED to cut down).

According to recent studies, that means no more than 4--8 ounce cups a day or no more than 5--6 ounce cups a day.

caffeine..... It can be found in herbal teas, which can be stimulating as well as envigirating. Moderation is key as excessive caffiene is unhealthy.

Yerba Mate is my go-to, you can find it in instant powder form, all you have to do is add water.

Just drink coffee, or black tea in the morning. Or green tea if you do not like black tea.

Take a shower, and eat a well balanced breakfast.

Since you wrote how you have a heart problem, talk to your doctor first about how much caffeine you can safely consume.

Yerba Mate/Caffeine (Either Tea, Coffee, Powder, or pills) In low doses shouldn't have an issue, yet Yerba Mate, can also act (I know it did on me) as /quite/ the appeitate depressant. But if you have "Heart problems" I would recommend starting very low with either of the two substances. Modafinil/A fair amount of racetams can also be considered. Noopept/Carephdon have helped me on more than one occasion, and I also have "heart problems" mine being an enlarged heart, and just running a high Systolic a fair amount of the time (My memory bank isn't working the best at the moment) Noopept is my preferred choice out of all that are listed above.

Search for racetams, they 'wake' you up without increasing your heart rate.

Oh, is it Antiseptic Stimulant Dorgova? How come you say to only take it twice a year?[h=2][/h]

Exercise!!! I can't belive none of you mentioned that. If you have heart problem's ask your doctor if you can run in the morning or hit up the gym and what and what can't you do. That is the best thing also eat healthy and take vitamin's. Caffine my ass I wake up with gabapentin and baclofen but that is very addicting.

Exercise!!! I can't belive none of you mentioned that. If you have heart problem's ask your doctor if you can run in the morning or hit up the gym and what and what can't you do. That is the best thing also eat healthy and take vitamin's. Caffine my ass I wake up with gabapentin and baclofen but that is very addicting.

Because OP posted it... I can't believe you didn't read the first post in the thread.

Sorry feeling cheeky this morning.

I cop a $2 red bull almost everyday before work and if I really think I need it.... Then I go with the $5 one.

Can't really be much safer than caffeine

Modafinil! Ephedrine + caffeine works wonders too; though I'd be careful with dose if you have heart problems.

A quick shower followed by a strong coffee will definitely help! At the meantime, try to think of something that could motivate you to wake up.
It´s part of my routine as well, and it really help imo.

Exercise!!! I can't belive none of you mentioned that.
Because in the OP they say "I try to be healthy and go out and walk/run to try to wake up but that seems to exhaust me more." Which... kinda is a very *low* version/amount of exercise.

I stick by what I say which is just look into Nootropics (I would personally just stick to looking into the racetams right now, more specially the ones that /don't/ need a Choline supplement (which would end up being Noopept... and I believe Fasoracetam, yet not much is known about the latter) Even just taking Choline which is found in /quite/ a few food/drink resources (Milk and eggs being two) I would rather go that route then Modafinil. Even though none of the three I just listed raised /my/ heart-rate/BP to a dangerous level. Depending on the individual it can. I wish you the best of luck my friend.