• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anyone tried smoking meth from an E cigerette?

indybreaker

Bluelighter
So the new E cigs are all about vaporizing and not direct flames, so question is could one put some shard in the flavor canister and potentially smoke it?

Yes as long as you have one of the refillable cartos, shard will dissolve in most e-juice.

I was wondering about this myself (you know, purely out of scientific curiosity).

The reason I didn't end up trying it is that the cartridge user extremely small quantities of liquid - I would go through a 1ml refill over a day or 2. Meaning that if you wanted to actually get a decent hit going all at once, you'd either be sucking on the thing for 20 minutes (and get a huge dose of nicotine, unless you get juice without it) or have to try and find a way of dissolving a decent sized dose of meth into a tiny amount of liquid)

From Inchem;
" Methamphetamine is freely soluble in water ( 1 gm: 2ml), in alcohol ( 1gm:3ml) "

I haven't seen any figures for meths solubility in PG but going by the dielectric constant I would say it's slightly above Etoh around 1gm in 2.8ml.

obviously even at maximum saturation your hits would be only 25% shard. there's no need to totally fill your clearo either so you could make a .1gm to .25ml solution , wouldn't be hard to go through a point in a couple hours this way.

Regardless of that having a vape around when you're spun really reduces the compulsive need to continuously fire up the glass barbie .

I'm not sure if it would reach the proper temperature. An ecig probably at it's highest temperature with something variable voltage would run at around 140 fahrenheit. I'm not sure if that would be hot enough to get the job done with meth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5q8KWL6Ezw

That can't be the case otherwise it wouldn't be hot enough to vaporise the nicotine, which has a BP of 247c, meth has BP well below that at 215c. that 140f is even far below the BP of PG at 371f

I'm sure the physics of this reaction is quite interesting but out of my understanding, I would assume that if the device is producing such low heat than the BP is lowered with the increased VP due to vacuum created by inhalation.

Not all Vapes are equal I use an EVO 1600mah with a 1.8 ohm coil and it works , believe what you want.

That can't be the case otherwise it wouldn't be hot enough to vaporise the nicotine, which has a BP of 247c, meth has BP well below that at 215c. that 140f is even far below the BP of PG at 371f

I'm sure the physics of this reaction is quite interesting but out of my understanding, I would assume that if the device is producing such low heat than the BP is lowered with the increased VP due to vacuum created by inhalation.

Not all Vapes are equal I use an EVO 1600mah with a 1.8 ohm coil and it works , believe what you want.

I wasn't really challenging you. I understand all vapes aren't equal. That's why I mentioned variable voltage. I did not know the temperature at which meth would be active. I was just saying the average temperature of an electronic cigarette. I could also be wrong about the 140 degree thing as well. I'll do some reading.

All good, I think those temps are way under the actual temp that the coil reaches.

Seems to be a lot of mis-conceptions about how hot theses things actually get and I've also seen reported temps of around 70C, but obviously much higher temps of around 200C have to be at work in order to initiate a state change from liquid to gas in propylene glycol and nicotine.

http://www.sun-vapers.com/ego-c-instructions/

"" The Atomizer uses heat to atomize the liquid. The normal working temperature is 200o C. The liquid in the tank/cartridges reaches the heating device with assistance from inhale pressure.""

So, sorry for digging up an old topic, but I just wanted to share some random first try findings. My crystal didn't dissolve well at all in my e liquid (oh well), but I do as expected notice a change in taste, and that hopefully means it's semi bio available with this method (will have a intoxicating effect). So my setup is a kanger pro tank 3 (liquid container) a itazte 800mah variable voltage battery (set at 5.0 volts) PS. I should add my cartomizer/atomizer is 2.0 ohm resistance. Hope this helps someone, or that I can be lead in a more refined or effective direction by someone who has done or knows more about this.

Last edited:
surprisingly I cant find any concrete figures but Meth is soluble in organic polar solvents so is def soluble in PG and slightly more so than in ethanol and significantly less so than in h20.
the ideal solvent would be distilled h20 so a point (100mg) should be soluble in at the least 1ml of water. for decent vaping The max water content of ejuice is around 30% .
so rather than dissolving directly into your juice created a highly concentrated water solution by dissolving as much meth as possible in one ml of dH20 until you have reached saturation and then add to a pure PG juice til it is diluted 10-30% with meth water solution.

Main thing would be the massive loss of efficiency compared to a pipe. Interesting idea but would just be so expensive. Should be able to get the gear to dissolve in PG, and getting enough heat wouldn't be an issue. Main problems would be the feeding of the liquid and getting consistent and smooth heating.

Not even sure how effective e-cigarettes are at delivering nicotine. Would like to see some study done on that kind of thing.

Yeah I can't see it working out too well, it might work for all i know... but too many variables that lead me to believe wasted product mainly the smooth, consistent heating as mentioned already

I asked the same thing here yesterday, but with Sub/bupe. I just got back on here to have a look, and see the response(s) but can't find my original post. Anyway, it was the same question, but using Buprenorphine/suboxone. My tactic would be dissolve an 8mg or so overnight, then shake as much as possible... then vape. My reasoning (not always solid) is the strength alone of bupe/subX is mighty so it would be pretty strong. The only prob I forsee is not burning properly...
Anyone?
PtP