• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone know the relative strength of IV Dilaudid vs. methadone?

Bomb319

Bluelighter
Again, I'm on high dose MMT (220/day) and I happened to randomly score 2 of the whole Dilly 8's - which used to be my favorite drug for IV. Yet perhaps not too unexpectedly, the last time I tried using them while on it (and I think I may have even done 16 or 24 in a single shot because of tolerance) not only did I NOT get high at all, it actually precipitated mild withdrawal for the first time! There was no way it was psychological either - my pupils were huge and I began sweating more with a bit of dysphoria. Thankfully that didn't last long but of course it was an incredible waste of money. I ended up giving them all away - something that would have been unthinkable had I not been on the 'done!

I'm pretty sure I was taking even less methadone then than I am now. I had a large dose early this morning on an empty stomach and with grapefruit juice later on in the day, and I still feel it quite a bit and have no withdrawal symptoms yet. This plus my last experience tell me I may be very disappointed if I try taking one or both now. On the other hand, if I were to wait till a bit later tomorrow when I begin feeling shitty...I don't know, it's just so hard for me to tell now and it's weird going from 8's being a holy grail to possibly garbage. There were times I drove more than 4 hours to get them, but today I literally walked into somone I knew on the street who asked me if I wanted them.

I should point out that a couple weeks ago, I got some strong H (relative to what I usually got) and I certainly did feel that, even in a small amount of just a single point despite the methadone. It was certainly better with the rish rather than anything after, but it does show that 'done can leave my system quickly. Anyone have experience with this or input? Since I still feel opiated now from the 'done, I know it would be wise to wait. Yet it's very hard if not impopssible for me to have opiates in the house and NOT use them - no matter how I feel! I just hope that if I DO wait until tomorrow, I would at least get something out of them and not like it was last time..

edit - it's also getting beyond frustrating how hard it is to simply get H here! All the sources I used to have are either in jail, not doing it anymore, I just lost the number or anything like that. I hate going downtown randomly like poison because I'm paranoid about getting ripped off for one thing.

You know what...I'm now glad I didn't take it. It seems as though the large amount of grapefruit juice I took earlier absotely DID make a difference, as I', feeling kind of weird now; stronger effects from it, but also a bit nauseated, slightly dizzy and a weird sort of relatively mild anxiety. I also recently took a bunch of Benadryl before I really felt this way (I take them every night to help me sleep) and I'm now even beginning to worry about OD since they are synergistic....If I had taken the D, it would be wasted at best, and I really don't wanna thick about what the worst could have been.

This might help a bit: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/564885-Opioid-Conversion-Chart

As for my two cents: at 220mg/day, you're probably going to have to stop taking your dose for at least two days to get any sort of high from just about anything. And dilaudid is one of those drugs that skyrockets your tolerance so quickly that if you continue to do it even once or twice a week, you'll likely end up needing MORE methadone to keep you stable. In short, it's probably not worth it.

Regarding the precipitated withdrawal, you should not have had that issue unless you were on buprenorphine (and it sounds like that's not what it was at all). You'd know for sure if you'd had a run-in with PW; it's one of the absolute worst and most agonizing things on the planet. This could have been a mild overdose, a small run of cotton fever, or something of the like. How sure are you that these were actually hydromorphone pills?

This might help a bit: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/564885-Opioid-Conversion-Chart

As for my two cents: at 220mg/day, you're probably going to have to stop taking your dose for at least two days to get any sort of high from just about anything. And dilaudid is one of those drugs that skyrockets your tolerance so quickly that if you continue to do it even once or twice a week, you'll likely end up needing MORE methadone to keep you stable. In short, it's probably not worth it.

Regarding the precipitated withdrawal, you should not have had that issue unless you were on buprenorphine (and it sounds like that's not what it was at all). You'd know for sure if you'd had a run-in with PW; it's one of the absolute worst and most agonizing things on the planet. This could have been a mild overdose, a small run of cotton fever, or something of the like. How sure are you that these were actually hydromorphone pills?

This is very helpful; thanks a lot :)

Oh sorry I missed the last part of your post - they were definitely Dilly 8's. Of all drugs, they are very distinctive with a specific shape and markings. Of course it's always possible that a very good fake lab could copy them, but very unlikely. Besides, it still produced opiate related symptoms so despite feeling somewhat negative, I didn't question their legitimacy for a second. I really don't know WHAT happened, but I agree it wasn't PD in the usual sense. It wasn't that bad - just disappointing. It may have either simply done nothing at all, or very speculatively, if it has a higher binding affinity than methadone but the methadone is stronger (or there's a lot more of it), I'm thinking it may have very temporarily kicked off a few 'Dones and replaced them - yet could not activate them as strongly. The short half life of Dilaudid would also explain why I felt better after only an hour or so after doing it.