View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone know of white albino mushrooms?

Leaf Breeze

Greenlighter
My "retailer" said he had them, I've only done mushies once and me and my friend were talking about splitting an 1/8th. (not sure if that's enough? I don't want to go too crazy as it's been over a year since last time I've done this)

Anyway... I asked and he said he had someone that grew them, hopefully hes telling the truth, because I'm apprehensive about buying from someone that picks them. So I was curious if this breed grows on the east coast naturally and what are the chances hes lying?

Also, if I posted a picture here later on would I be able to get them easily ID'ed?

:) thanks for everything guys

There generally exists among the growers of mushroom the saying "a cube is a cube" basically referring to substrate strength and conditions for growing, that is to say there isnt much variance among the same classifications of mushrooms. I think albino and even Penis Envy to be more of a convocation piece then a genetic variance causing an increase in anything.

I cant say for sure because i have never tested them for strength. I can tell you a dried mushroom may be hard to ID and i have grown at least 5 types of psilocybe cubensis and sure they have different growth characteristics, some making big mushrooms others making small, but they were all the same growing conditions and the same out come. I gave them to friends in different species and mixed bags no one said anything leading me to believe anyone can tell.

Homegrown mushies probably make up the majority of the mushie market (at least in my experience). It is actually quite easy and common to grow rather than go out picking. There are indeed albino strains of cubensis mushrooms, and I'd venture to say that's probably what your guy is talking about.

Anyways, we don't ID mushrooms or any drugs for that matter to my knowledge, so if you post a pic we won't be able to offer you any aid. Chances are though, that the guy he buys from grows at home and is simply growing an albino strain.

Homegrown mushies probably make up the majority of the mushie market (at least in my experience). It is actually quite easy and common to grow rather than go out picking. There are indeed albino strains of cubensis mushrooms, and I'd venture to say that's probably what your guy is talking about.

Anyways, we don't ID mushrooms or any drugs for that matter to my knowledge, so if you post a pic we won't be able to offer you any aid. Chances are though, that the guy he buys from grows at home and is simply growing an albino strain.

Crap, I was hoping you could post pics. Shroomery was my back up... I just registered but I think new users can't even post new topics. Completely useless lol. I'm just always paranoid about being poisoned. I dont see why this shit cant be regulated like weed in legal states. I guess that age is pretty far out. lol

Crap, I was hoping you could post pics. Shroomery was my back up... I just registered but I think new users can't even post new topics. Completely useless lol. I'm just always paranoid about being poisoned. I dont see why this shit cant be regulated like weed in legal states. I guess that age is pretty far out. lol
It's simply that IDing any drug from a photo or even a detailed description is nigh impossible with 100% accuracy. Like I said, chances are the shrooms are homegrown, albino mushies aren't that uncommon.

For the most part to identify a mushroom accurately, one needs access to the spores from a fresh sample and the like, as many mushrooms do in fact look alike.

Last edited:
Yeah as above, even Shroomery micologists might be apprehensive to ID something without sporeprints etc :(

Yeah as above, even Shroomery micologists might be apprehensive to ID something without sporeprints etc :(

I actually figured out what was wrong. I guess I needed to post once or something to be able to post in certain forums. Someone told me they might try an ID. So that's cool :) I'm pretty sure they're fine tho. But I like to be overly protective.

Heh, indeed :) even if you're 99% sure it's fine, there's no harm to chase after than remaining 1%. Better safe than sorry, especially with mushrooms that could potentially have been picked in the wild by an inexperienced hunter!