• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anyone here with lipomas?

sacsky

Bluelighter
I have many of them. It's really depressing.
Got my first one around 20. Since then many more came.
Dermatologists don't seem to know much about them and are no huge help.
This really depresses me. I wish I could do something against them. :(

^hi sacsky, would you be willing to have the lipomas removed my surgery? How fast do they grow?

Surgical removal of lipomas is fairly simple, it probably only requires local anesthesia. It's really no big deal imo.

I strongly recommend explaining your situation to a general surgeon, or even a surgical oncologist.

How big are they? And how many do you have? Are you sure they're lipomas and not inflamed lymph nodes?

i have a few ones on the neck and one under my shoulder. since they are begnin, why exactly do you want to remove them? you usually don't really see them when they are normal in size... (unless you look closely).

Hi,
I had 2 or 3 removed. They caused ugly scars.
Removing them all is no option. Some of them are also deeper. I don't know if they could be removed that easily.
What freaks me out about them is that they get more. This alone is very scary. It's a scary feeling when you notice that
new ones have developed.
Also not knowing what causes them leaves me feeling helpess. I wish I could prevent getting new ones.

What also scares me is that simply from touching them you cannot tell what it is. On a lipoma forum I read that every lipoma, or every lump,
should be examined via ultrasound!

First of all ultrasound doesn't really tell you much about what it is and dermatologist also have no ultrasound machines.
But this also scares me. What if it's something else and I think "just a lipoma"?

What also angers me is that NO dermatologist I ever went to even bothered to actually touch me and examine me.
Certain parts on my body, like the chest,inner thighs,stomach) have really weird fat tissue which seems abnormal to me.
It is totally crude. I can literally feel the structure under my skin. When I stretch the skin on my chest I can even see it through the skin.
The fat on the chest is totally lumpy. If I was a woman I couldn't even examine my breasts cause I couldn't tell if there's a lump in there cause it's already
totally lumpy.
I don't think this is normal. On other parts of my body, like the back, the fat tissue is absolutely soft!
But on other part it feels like a teddybear filled with little marbles.
I wanted the docs to at least tell me if this is normal but not even this could they tell me cause obviously they didnt even bother.

Lumpy subcutaneous fat is fairly common, it's cellulite. My chest fat is lumpy as well

Hi, are you male or female?
Can you describe a bit more how it feels? I mean can you literally feel chunks of fat under the skin?
Or can you see the structure of the lumps through the skin when you grab the skin and then pull it to the side?
I can see the stuff thru the skin!

I also have cellulite even though I am male, this is also not normal.

But the lumps which I have arent just cellulite.

I am a male, and yes I can feel lumps/chunks of fat under my skin, and see them when I pinch and pull the skin (but only in my chest and inner thigh area). It's very different from my stomach or back fat which is rather smooth. I'm pretty sure it's normal, and I'm not overweight by the way.

I know we're not supposed to bump old threads but I didn't want to start a new thread about the same topic.

I HATE lipomas, they make me feel so self conscious because they really stand out, I have one on the back of my forearm, 2 on the other arm and a big one on my chest.

I started working out allot this year and they seem to pop out more, as my arms have gotten bigger and better built, they're like wine stains on white couches.

Anyone have any personal knowledge of how much it costs to get them removed?

I have heard 100's and 1000's, that insurance will cover and that they won't due to it being cosmetic.

I have also read that they are caused by too much carbs vs. meat protein.
All my dogs have had them, makes sense that the kibble would cause that, if that is true.
I was a vegetarian for 5 years and curious if others were as well.
My doctors told me in the past that they're "just fatty tumors", but they cause major issues in my perception of myself because they look unhealthy.
I feel super self conscious when my gf touches them, just wish I could cut them out myself, I know I can't.
I have had an issue with taking my shirt off in groups due to the one on my chest, I am in really great health and my body looks fine otherwise, which kinda just makes me crazier about the whole situation.

Last edited:
No, I am not having lipomas but I have that orange peel effect called cellulite. I have tried many surgical methods for treating cellulite, but was not satisfied with their result. Recently on my sister's suggestion I have started doing massage with cellublue cup and oil over the affected area of cellulite. I am seeing the changes and my cellulite are reducing day by day.

i have one next to my spine, and it bothers me when i drive sometimes. it is usually not painful, but sometimes it can become painful. i notice different foods can make it more painful (mainly, non-organic chicken liver...). most of the discomfort comes from if i'm smashing it against a seat/chair. it's rather large, as well. i can identify with it hurting ones self-image/causing insecurity. if i had the money to blow on it i would, but there are things that take precedence. it's the only such tumor that i have.

i have a friend with multiple, but it is harder to see on him because he has more body fat in general. i think he got tired of me complaining of the one i have and finally told me about/showed me his. this made me feel a little better about it.

as far as if insurance helps, i know it would with mine, due to it's position being so close to my spine, and how it's basically a nuisance when i want to rest on my back, or sit straight with my back against something. it can become painful. but it would still be expensive.

*edit: as far as diet goes, i have read that food allergies can cause these. i do think it is probably something to do with our foods, or at least it's very possible that something food-related, be it the modification that they do, or more likely some herbicide or pesticide, might cause these. i know when i was first starting to considerably react to certain foods, being allergic even though i didn't know it at the time (borderline anaphylaxis if that's possible for a lot of many years), when the growth was first noticed. in hindsight i was suffering from an allergic reaction to milk that came on strong right around that time.

Last edited:
There was a weird backwoods weirdo where I live that was trying to kill his wife for insurance money. He was drugging her and injecting her with small amounts of weed killer, trying to give her cancer. He thought he might be able to sue Monsanto, too. She somehow caught on to what he was doing and realized she had a lipoma everywhere he injected her. Scary stuff.