• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone here use Sweedish snus?

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
I've been addicted to nicotine since I was a freshman in high school. I used to smoke a pack a day, plus dip while in class. It negatively impacted my health, and around two years ago I started vaping. Fast forward to now, I own a vape shop, and I'm still a nicotine addict lol I would sit around and blow clouds with mechanical mods all day. I realized this was fucking my breathing up, and I'm increasingly short of breath even while just sitting down.

So last week I did a bunch of research on Swedish snus. Apperantly it's "healthier" than smoking and dipping because it's steam-pasteurized and not fire cured and fermented. I was surprised to even find this stuff locally at a gas station, and I bought a couple different types. I have "General White" and "Nordic Mint". I haven't vaped since. I use 5-6 portions a day, leaving them in for around an hour. I've noticed my gums are a little sore from it, but hopefully they adapt. I feel kinda bad jumping back on real tobacco after vaping for so long. I'm constantly around tens of thousands of dollars worth of vape equipment every day, so I'm sure you can understand the temptation lol

But yeah, anyone else use this stuff? What brand do you prefer? Anybody know if this Shit is actually "safe-ish" like the internet makes it seem? XD I'm still short of breath. I'mma give it a couple more weeks and if it doesn't improve, go get checked out. Im 21 and I feel like I have COPD. Crazy shit.

No way man, turn down the wattage on your mods, transfer to digital so you can control a little better, Keep the mechs for good memories and for their value. You are just a cloud chaser now and burning the shit out of your lungs. Turn it down go sub-ohm, you will prefer it. Are your dripping? The subtank is a game changer I know a lot of people think just because it has a tank it ain't shit. But it is great.

The alternative is snus which will give you jaw cancer eventually. I dipped all throughout my military career, fucked up my gums good. I vaped for a year, and now I don't do anything because I am a gym rat. I love vaping great hobby too, but I wann push myself harder and harder every day which is not too easy when you are doing any damage to your lungs even minute damage from vape.

I have litterally every popular vaping product on the market at my disposal. Yes, I was dripping for about a year then switched over to a SubTank on a Sigelei 150w which stayed between 40-50w. I even cut the flavors out and went full unflavored at 3mg nic. My lung issues stayed the same. I just need to go see a doctor honestly, make sure nothing is seriously wrong. My friends and family swear Its just anxiety making me think I can't breath, but it's a persistent feeling of not being able to take a deep breath 24/7.

You think snus causes jaw cancer? Im not going to say that's not a possibility, but all the literature I've been reading is saying otherwise.

I'm working on some ideas right now to create an herbal type of snus, using natural MAOIs and lacing it with nic. Theres already non-tobacco dip with nicotine on the market. Will see how that works out lol

Snus doesn't always cause cancer but it is similar to dip, so the risk is there. But depending on how long you were burning those mech mods if they were ever at 150+ they can actually do a little damage that can eventually heal itself but it takes time off if you dont let it heal it can create scar tissue in your lungs and that makes it quite difficult to breath. I am not sure on the absolute truth on that, but a friend warned me about that so I am just passing it on. I know how hard it is to quit. I have mine sitting on the desk right next to me right now lol. I have not used it in quite some time but I think about it often. I don't miss smoking, I don't miss dipping, but I sure as hell miss vaping :( lol.