• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

anyone have a crappy diet with no fruit and veggies

A good compromise, if you will, is getting your daily fruits and veggies in liquid form. Do you like V8 (heck, V8 splash)? Fruit smoothies from those little healty snack bar type places often are both very tasty and very healthy. Granted, it's always best to get at least some of these food groups down in solid form, but something is better than nothing, right?

I may not eat fruits or veggies each day, but I never miss a glass of V8.

I eat really terrible (as well as getting high and smoking cigs and not working out enough ) i hate most fruits and veggies.............and i eat way too much pizza, and fast food.............I am scared its gonna catch up with me eventually . i just dont know how to change it............anyone relate ?

jake99, the primary thing to keep in consideration is that your perception of foods' taste is learned. You've learned to love junk food. You can train yourself to enjoy the flavors of healthy food more if you stick to eating them and caring about them.

Yep, my diet is bad and I don't really care about it.

I don't eat much at all - and when I do eat, it's mostly junk food. No fruit or veges at all.

jake99, the primary thing to keep in consideration is that your perception of foods' taste is learned. You've learned to love junk food. You can train yourself to enjoy the flavors of healthy food more if you stick to eating them and caring about them.

This is very true ! I started eating much healthier in the last year or so (as well as given up other habits). I never had a junk food regimine, but my diet wasn't the best. I've learned to appreciate more vegetables, eat more fruits, not snack thru out the day and eat full meals. Your body and your mind will thank you, trust me :)

Sweet P, why don't you care about it?

I suppose it's all tied in with my depression and borderline personality disorder. I see it as a form of self-harm. I get satisfaction in not taking care of my health... I guess that's another reason I do drugs like meth, besides the addiction.

I suppose it's all tied in with my depression and borderline personality disorder. I see it as a form of self-harm. I get satisfaction in not taking care of my health... I guess that's another reason I do drugs like meth, besides the addiction.

why not take drastic steps to change your life?

The only fruits and veggies I get everyday is salad and appples. I take 2 different multivitamins everyday but I am FAR from "on the right path to perfect health".

i dont get how people think salads are good............??????????????

i dont get how people think salads are good............??????????????

put some salad dressing on it and you'll know why. Dude life is not about doing things that give you pleasure or taste good. Some things wont taste good but are important for your well being. No one wakes up looking forward to a salad, or not getting high. We all want to eat grilled chicken and shoot dope, but we can't as responsible human beings. Our well being is of number one importance. Otherwise be prepared for a dark road into self destruction and despair.

To the OP;

The vast amount of antioxidants, macro/micro-nutrients, fiber and phytonutrients in fruits and veggies will most certainly help you. But only in the sense that you tend to the other matters in your life currently.

However eating some fruits and veggies EVERYDAY can only do good for your body. Regardless of the abuse it's taken.

Good luck.

real good point. We finally agree on something:)