• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anyone else love alcohol+mdma?

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
So i've read numerous times that alcohol with mdma is bad because it "kills your roll".. Well this last weekend i rolled twice in a row at a festival, ended up doing 500mg of tested mdma both days. i know, somewhat excessive but i still feel great so no complaints! First day i did just the mdma and was amazing, then the second night i decided to drink before and during the roll, not hammered, but a rather really strong buzz the whole time, and i can honestly say it was the best night of my life, the alcohol enhanced the social/lovey dovey aspect of the mdma, and on top of that i usually feel pretty sedated on mdma so i dont get to crazy dancing, but the alcohol gave me MUCH more energy and i would not stop jumping around and starting dance circles all night long, i was also very surprised thinking id have a shitty roll seeing as how it was 2 days in a row.. Anyone else have this same type of reaction when u combine the two?

while i dont wanna be a stick in the mud i feel like i have to at least mention the health risks of mixing the 2, along with dancing for hours on end. MDMA speeds your heart up raising blood pressure and alcohol constricts your blood vessels also raising blood pressure, then heavy exercise also speeds your heart up raising blood pressure even more. do you see a pattern emerging here haha as a rule of thumb i dont drink while on stimulants but it is alot of fun :D

I've always enjoyed the alcohol + MDMA combination providing I'm not really drunk. If I'm too drunk it's just a blackout and I barely remember anything.

^ yep, me too.

on nights when i am out dancing all night and consuming mdma, i'll often have a cocktail or two. i also love it when the bar opens back up and i can have a frosty beer for breakfast :)

alasdair

Yup, I really enjoy MDMA and Alcohol.

Beer the breakfast of champions :).

I'll definitely give drinking a little bit while I roll a shot at some stage....when I decide to drink again lol. 20 months and counting, but that's pretty much coz I've replaced it with rolling once a month or so. Ehhhh

waste in my opinion, last time i drank and took M i barely felt it...with a dose that wouldve normally had me in heaven. And it had been a long time since the previous time too. two drink before the come up to ease the nerves might be good. but being drunk at the peak 2 hours into it and thereafter sullies the experience

I personally think it's a waste. One of my favorite aspects of MDMA is the clarity, and alcohol just weighs you down and makes you fuzzy. Taking a downer with an upper always seemed like a strange combo to me. Aside from that, it's also dangerous, and I just don't see the point of adding extra risk, or asking for a zombified hangover from hell the next day.

Were not talking about getting drunk though, if your in a social setting with friends before your ready to take your MDMA then a few drinks with friends can really set the mood for the party or for clubbing etc. Also a few drinks when your finished can with the comedown, again were not talking about being drunk.

Mixing the two can lead to dehydration and a hell of a hangover but if you keep the amount of alcohol low (for you) then its not really that much of a problem.

Yep, I always have a few beers before I roll. Just enough to be slightly intoxicated but not enough to be drunk. This really helps with the come-up as it seems to make it less jittery for me. And indeed there is the social aspect of having a few beers with mates beforehand

I have a friend that enjoys getting drunk while he rolls. He only remembers flashes of the night afterwards but states that he enjoys MDMA more like that, that it's more 'orgasmic' that way as he puts it. For him the alcohol seems to potentiate the body-high of MDMA. I tried it once. I found it quite dull and didn't like how messy I got but he swears by it

Last edited:
I LOVE drinking with MDMA! For me, there is no other way! The two effects really compliment each other in my opinion. I am a much more sociable and friendly person when I've had a few. Combined with MDMA, I become fucking unstoppable!
I do find though that the combination makes the experience very hard to remember the next day, usually the night is a blur, but an amazing experience nevertheless! The next day is quite shit, but I find the hangover actually masks the come down (nothing a little jay can't deal with) and I feel fine the second day!
This isn't for everyone though, different people react differently to MDMA and Alcohol and so it never works for everyone. It hits some people too damn hard!
As Cullumjay1 said, the health risks are quite serious though...

As Cullumjay1 said, the health risks are quite serious though...

I'd say a few drinks does barely anything to significantly increase any of the health risks. Of course everything is dose-dependent, but I've had no problems with even 4-5 beers followed by 150mg MDMA + 50mg redose. I've even got incredibly drunk and then dropped an unknown amount of MDMA (probably high because it melted me) and come out the other end feeling fine. The experience was a big blur of confusion and face chewing but I still came out ok. I'd never do it again (it was a drunk mistake anyway), but I'm just saying it's not a bad combination and somewhat forgiving.

In my experiences, 2-3 beers chilling with friends followed by MDMA is the best kind of balance. I'd go as far as saying the alcohol doesn't 'dull' the high at all, instead it's people's perceived anxieties that it will dull the high which take away from the MDMA. The MDMA is so set/setting dependent that I feel like worrying about drinking alcohol dulls the roll more than the alcohol actually does...

I'd say a few drinks does barely anything to significantly increase any of the health risks. Of course everything is dose-dependent, but I've had no problems with even 4-5 beers followed by 150mg MDMA + 50mg redose. I've even got incredibly drunk and then dropped an unknown amount of MDMA (probably high because it melted me) and come out the other end feeling fine. The experience was a big blur of confusion and face chewing but I still came out ok. I'd never do it again (it was a drunk mistake anyway), but I'm just saying it's not a bad combination and somewhat forgiving.

its not about how rough you feel the day after, its the increased chances of heart problems etc, its all a numbers game. 99% of the time you'll be fine but mixing in drink increases the chances (obviously depending on the amount) but when the consequence is death im very wary of it, and i advise other people to be as well since if you plan on doing MDMA recreationally for years then that numbers game will eventually catch up to you. I mean i might die the next time being as safe as possible and someone else might binge drink while rolling and live doing it for years, but its all percentages and tipping them in your favour is ALWAYS what you want to do.

Im not saying never do it but its defiantly something you want to keep in mind since it is a bad combination from a health perspective, there have been times where im gone abit over board with a mix of drugs and if alcohol was mixed in as well then i would have been in SERIOUS danger, and a hospital trip without a doubt

I mean i might die the next time being as safe as possible and someone else might binge drink while rolling and live doing it for years, but its all percentages and tipping them in your favour is ALWAYS what you want to do.

The chance of death is really really low to the point where it's not worth mentioning - IMO. Unfortunately the only reason people think there's a good chance you'll die after taking drugs is media propaganda. In reality, very few people die of direct drug-related deaths, and those that do are either usually an extreme case of idiocy or dying for other reasons not directly related to the drug toxicity. There is no obvious interaction of MDMA and alcohol to cause death. Sure alcohol dehydrates you while MDMA increases body temperature but even so you'd have be another case of severe idiocy for this to result in death. For example, drinking ridiculously high amounts of alcohol with ridiculously high amounts of MDMA could result in death by severe dehydration.

I agree from the sense of pure HR that obviously not combining the two is healthier. But I feel like the balance of a few drinks to ease up the start of the night and me in the mood easily offsets any of the increases in risk, which are miniscule anyway.

its all a numbers game

I don't really get it. If it's all a numbers game the best thing to do would be lock yourself in your room with no sharp objects or anything that might, potentially, put you at harm. To me it's not a numbers game it's a risk vs. reward game. The risk of adding moderate amounts of alcohol with moderate amounts of MDMA is definitely worth the reward to me.

I don't really get it. If it's all a numbers game the best thing to do would be lock yourself in your room with no sharp objects or anything that might, potentially, put you at harm. To me it's not a numbers game it's a risk vs. reward game. The risk of adding moderate amounts of alcohol with moderate amounts of MDMA is definitely worth the reward to me.

well speaking from purely a mathematical point of view that is the safest thing to do haha, but that doesn't mean its the right or best thing to do. my point is that adding another drug that affects heart rate increases the chances of health complications. while having a beer or 2 with it wont hurt, doing them all with heavy strenuous exercise will, especially when your off your face and cant look after your self as well as you normally can. im not saying never do it, im just saying its something everyone should keep in mind.

risk vs reward is a numbers game, its just thinking about it in a slightly different way. the better the reward the worse the odds your willing to take.

Last edited:
I have combined the two, but if you drink just a little too much, you black out completely.
I ended up at a friend's house of who I didn't even know where she lived after she moved.
Scary shit!

I think there is a nice synergy between booze and mdma. I have noticed that booze is not necessary to have a great night out with mdma tho.

If I take mdma at a club or bar I'll usually start drinking for a few hours before and drop it at 10-11. You have to be careful cause if you drink too much with mdma you are a sloppy mess.

You have to be careful cause if you drink too much with mdma you are a sloppy mess.
^^^THIS!!!
Hahaha I had exactly this on my first roll! Was way too fucked up! Lucky the strangers around me were kind enough to push me back upright every few seconds :)

Never been a fan. It's been mentioned but MDMA is generally a "clean" feeling whereas being drunk is more "messy". I have no urge to mix those two feelings.