• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

anyone else get the overwhelming urge to clean?

chicken yummm

Greenlighter
Does anyone else get an urge to clean after you take any benzo? For me it's lorazepam. I've been taking it for about six months and recently I increased from 1mg every few days to 2mg every few days. For some reason, lately, I just want to clean when I'm on them. Not like massive cleanups or anything yet, but just clean things that I have been putting off like "oh I should really sweep my floor but I'll just do it next week." But then I take some lorazepam and just sweep the shit out of it. And I do a really good job too - better than I would so sober.

I doubt there's an actual scientific reason for this but for some reason I doubt I'm alone on this one.Maybe I'm just weird or maybe it's just because I'm baked but there's something inherently beautiful about a clean room.

^ i used to clean my room on xanax ....hahaha....so i can relate.....

i dont really no why......

one of my best friends cleans for like 12 hours after smoking meth.....

yeah alot of times when i would get high off opiates or even weed sometimes ill just get distracted and absorbed in cleaning my room or bathroom or whatever...never my closet though LOL

I get anxiety surrounding completing tasks because of some doubt of my ability to complete them, so I procrastinate stuff a lot. The hardest part is always just getting started. It comes up with schoolwork, cleaning, whatever. Maybe you're in a similar situation and once the anxiety is eliminated by your intake of the drug you realize you have nothing to fear and there's no reason to second-guess yourself on your ability to accomplish a very reasonable task so ya just get it done? Drugs that can help to quell my anxiety (opiates, benzos, an SSRI I used to take) have all helped me with putting stuff off. Unfortunately it's still a problem for me, because I haven't been able to overcome a lot of my anxiety issues yet and the drugs have just made it worse.

I would have to say that Xanax does not make me want to clean. They do however make me not have a care in the world, so if there's something I need to clean, I will do it and be happy about it, versus being sober and wanting to do nothing more than anything that pleases me.

I used to take them all through out the day when I was at work, because I'd get more done, and not complain about anything.

Last edited:
my brother would blow oxys and get all anal about cleaning things. my rehab room mate told me after doing lots of adderall he would clean things and put things in orderl

I take k-pins and yeah i always go on a cleaning frenzie of my room before i can sit down and melt into my couch n watch some tv.

I seems as though i cant sit still untill the area around me is tidy and clean.

OCD i guess :p

I never heard of being like it on Xanax, but I do it daily on opiates..i've always been a clean person but while on opiates I have much more attention to detail and feel much more productive than usual.
I also talk a lot for the 1st hour of taking it..but without the "chewing your tounge till it bleeds" feel of coke. In fact i'd much rather take opiates for the stimulating effect than stimulants themselves.

My SO is the same, he's had a few of my tabs a couple of times and he can stay up all night on them, where as normally he's well known for spending a lot of time asleep lol.

i only have the INTENSE urge to COMPUSLIVELY CLEAN when im on amphetamines. when im real high on opiates i get in that mood, but mad amphetamines and cleaning, spick and span house, try taking some adderall, and see how much ur gonna wanna write, clean, and do tasks, and enjoy it!

one of my best friends cleans for like 12 hours after smoking meth.....

I got like that when I had my occasional tweekend, but it wouldn't last long. My attention span was gone....I would start cleaning the bathroom and then start cleaning dishes or something and then I would sit around with everyone just rollin the bowl for god knows how long while our conversations jumped from one thing to the next...twas fun for the first 24-48 hours but ugh the comedown....terrible terrible drug...

thats starnge because is usually people on stims or sometimes psychs that have that urge to clean, when i take benzos i just relax

Opiates or uppers make me want to clean. Benzos make me want to chill and play video games

Opiates or uppers make me want to clean. Benzos make me want to chill and play video games
Same here, though I don't [play video games. I once heard valium descibed as "Them's my don't give a fuck 'bout nothin' pills" I'm phrasing that as closely as possible to the way the old guy said it, but that's pretty much how I feel on any benzo.

yeah benzos make me def wanna lay on the couch and smoke cigs and eat, real high on opiates and stims only im a clean freak, and sex freak