• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Live Long and Prosper đź–– Anyone else blind and has their habit to satisfy each day that I can relate with. Im too young for this shit

What is worse. Losing your self-respect, material possessions and relationships or your eyesight.

• The first choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eyesight

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Cinnablunt16

Greenlighter
Im only 26 years old and I'm cursed with a progressive degenerative eye disorder that has labeled me legally blind even though I can see well enough to not use a white cane as well as been a daily ice user who parachutes maybe a g a day if funds allow it. How does getting high effect your vision or your motor coordination if it does at all and how do you think a blind person on drugs is portrayed to the mainstream crowd. I've had this account since 2018 but this is my first attempt to use it so thats why it's in introductions.

Im only 26 years old and I'm cursed with a progressive degenerative eye disorder that has labeled me legally blind even though I can see well enough to not use a white cane as well as been a daily ice user who parachutes maybe a g a day if funds allow it. How does getting high effect your vision or your motor coordination if it does at all and how do you think a blind person on drugs is portrayed to the mainstream crowd. I've had this account since 2018 but this is my first attempt to use it so thats why it's in introductions.
6 years? Anyways the only blind person on drugs I know about; is somehow Ray Charles was a heroin addict for a while. I am going to go out on limb and suggest the late, great Ray Charles needed better friends. At the time he was using, IV was really the only way to use it in America at the time.( too weak for other ways to use it.) I doubt he was plugging the weak, heavily cut heroin of that time.
As far as I know the media never portrays blind addicts, one way or another.
As far as the effects on a blind person, it would depend on the drug.
I truly feel bad for your situation. But recreational drug use is probably a bad idea for someone in your situation.

I don't know much about your eye sight and drug use but please try and use strong antioxidants and the like to help slow down the damage to your eye sight.

If it's anything like glaucoma the form of blindness you have then cannabis will really help.

The US federal government even allowed medical marijuana licenses to around 100 people in the 1970's cause of glaucoma and other stuff that wasn't effected by conventional medicine.

Please try not to be self destructive, I know it's hard when depressed but high dosing amphetamines will not help your eye sight long-term.

Take care. đź‘Ť

It's not easily treated like glaucoma is but I wish. It's called retinitis pigmentosa and there is no cure or even treatment. It hasn't effected me too much until I got older but I was diagnosed when I was 10. I thought since I lost my life to ice that it was the hardest thing I would have to overcome but now I'm starting to think this will be a runner up. That's why I was curious if anyone else could understand. People tend to get the addiction or the eyesight separately but not the two paired up. The enjoyment I got out of getting high is definitely lessened. Shame.

It's not easily treated like glaucoma is but I wish. It's called retinitis pigmentosa and there is no cure or even treatment. It hasn't effected me too much until I got older but I was diagnosed when I was 10. I thought since I lost my life to ice that it was the hardest thing I would have to overcome but now I'm starting to think this will be a runner up. That's why I was curious if anyone else could understand. People tend to get the addiction or the eyesight separately but not the two paired up. The enjoyment I got out of getting high is definitely lessened. Shame.
I was an alcoholic( can't be one now because I am now severely allergic to booze; thank you GOD ALMIGHTY). Now I have been on prescription pills.
Just like the alcohol, the pills have turned against me( This is not one of my paranoid persecution type things, unfortunately a lot of people on here know what I mean).
I am not here to judge; but If the drug is not working well, and if you are/ can get a tolerance to it.( no idea, never used it)
Then maybe you should consider tapering it, until you are clean.
Don't let shame control and make you depressed or sad.
You need to sit down when your head is clear and really make a decision on whether or not continued use is worth it.
Please be careful and good luck.