• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Anyone eaten AMT? Anything like DMT?

I ordered AMT back in the earlier days of RCs when companies were a bit sketchier... They put a regular plastic baggie of this stuff in an envelope and mailed it to me... I smelled it from 10 feet away from my mailbox. Unimpressive stealth. :)

PS: I loved it.

AMT freebase reeks unlike anything else. It smells like if DMT had been hanging out in a sewer and then bathed in chemical fertilizer. The AMT on the market today is the succinate salt form, or HCL, both of which smell far less. The succinate barely smells at all.

The smell of DMT changes A LOT based on impurities. I wonder to what extent it is the same with a-MT freebase.

AMT freebase reeks unlike anything else. It smells like if DMT had been hanging out in a sewer and then bathed in chemical fertilizer. The AMT on the market today is the succinate salt form, or HCL, both of which smell far less. The succinate barely smells at all.

Interesting you said that because there's a product in fertilizer stores and garden departments that smells exactly like AMT, so much so that it gives me a flashback whenever I walk into those places

Both it and DMT also remind me of my grandparents house and mothballs as well.

Yeah the indole freebase smell is very mothball-like. AMT and DMT have similarities, but I like the smell of DMT, it's sharp, but pleasant to me. AMT smells horrific though, just totally abhorrent.

AMT is fucking amazing.
I love amphetamines and i love tryptamines.
The fact that AMT is an Alpha Methylated tryptamine means that is basically of the joy and wonder of a mild amphetamine
mixed with all of the trippiness and delight from a low dose mushroom of acid experience.
Honestly, it was my favorite drug.
I biked to the music festival motion notion, from the town of golden.
I made it all the up 10 mile hill.
its a fantastic and beautiful compound, productive, playful, and can render a person into a child like sense of awe.
but without the ego death.

Honestly if someone could give me a lifetime supply of it... id be the happiest hippy in the candy shop.

I have tried AMT and 5-MEO-AMT. I found both to be psychedelic visually but found both to also be not all that great. I cracked a rib vomiting on AMT and the pain of that colored the whole experience for me. I enjoyed it after the nausea subsided but the pain lasted a few months.

I never saw the roll comparison myself. Personally I think both AMT and 5-MEO-AMT feel slightly dissociating. It's noticeable as a releasing agent but I wouldn't compare it to MDMA myself. I would compare 5-MEO-DALT to MDMA before any other tryptamine. That one is unique in its rolliness.

Is AMT still legal somewhere? I wouldn't mind trying it again. I can't wait to trip again which would be soon because I'm growing cubes

Honestly if someone could give me a lifetime supply of it... id be the happiest hippy in the candy shop.

I feel the same way about AMT. That's why I got myself a lifetime supply recently. :) It's still out there, for the time being anyway.

I feel the same way about AMT. That's why I got myself a lifetime supply recently. :) It's still out there, for the time being anyway.
I felt that way about mephedrone back in 2010 so I got myself a lifetime supply (I figured a kilo should do it lol). I got busted because I called the police because I was being gang stalked in my apartment complex....luckily it was legal here at the time. Still they kept it as part of my plea agreement.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever tried making the alpha methyl homologue of DMT? As in alpha methyl dimethyl tryptamine? How about the N methyl vs dimethyl alpha methyl tryptamines? I'd be interested to know if they've ever been synthesized or explored....

It could be done by N-methylation or dimethylation of AMT. So it would be possible. If one or both proved to be active, ethyl, propyl, and isopropyl groups could be explored as well.

to me it seems like AET and DET are gem's.

But AMT was not my thing and DMT is on my to do list.

DPT has when you read the report's some resemblance to DMT.

How was DET? I've tried 4-HO-DET and even IV I thought it didn't compare that well with psilocin and psilocetin.
DPT IS FREAKING AMAZING MATERIAL.

How was DET? I've tried 4-HO-DET and even IV I thought it didn't compare that well with psilocin and psilocetin.
DPT IS FREAKING AMAZING MATERIAL.
Both DET, AET and DMT are on my to do list. First two just seem very pleasureable. unlike Psylocybine/ cetine, which consequently make me feel bad during the main action. Afterward's i feel great?

The reasoning behind DPT comparing with DMT, both I never tried. Is their immediate onset and extreme 'en lightning' effects that are described.

AMT even when vaped has an onset stretched over 30/ 45 minutes, oral even longer

DPT was more variable in the quality of the experience due to route of administration than most any other substance that I have tried. The difference in effects between IM vs insuffilation was profound. despite the similarities in dosages. IM being my preferred ROA between the two, despite my extreme aversion to needles. If I get my hands on it again, oral is what I am most interested in.

yeah AMT is a strange one inhaled/vaporised. takes still some time to come on, and the taste is horrible (yuk the smell and taste is making me barf thinking about it)

Would really love to try AET, that one sounds very interesting aswell

AMT is fucking amazing.
I love amphetamines and i love tryptamines.
The fact that AMT is an Alpha Methylated tryptamine means that is basically of the joy and wonder of a mild amphetamine
mixed with all of the trippiness and delight from a low dose mushroom of acid experience.
Honestly, it was my favorite drug.
I biked to the music festival motion notion, from the town of golden.
I made it all the up 10 mile hill.
its a fantastic and beautiful compound, productive, playful, and can render a person into a child like sense of awe.
but without the ego death.

It's interesting you bring this up-
I was always one of those people who went along with the negative talk of amphetamines and was a die hard only psychedelic kind of guy.

But- it wasn't until I tried functional stims where I realized they are tools like anything else and have their place. I loved the energy of aMT. I never found LSD speedy but I remember plenty of hippies growing up who felt that way about it in comparison to mushrooms. I love DOC which is a psychedelic amphetamine. So it's interesting how what we thought we wouldn't like ended up being the preference. It really gives that push which is good for creatives. I still try to be careful with them though, my family has so many heart problems so I'm always getting my vitals checked and physical exams.

Is AMT still legal somewhere? I wouldn't mind trying it again. I can't wait to trip again which would be soon because I'm growing cubes
It's still legal in at least the Netherlands.

Has anyone ever tried making the alpha methyl homologue of DMT? As in alpha methyl dimethyl tryptamine? How about the N methyl vs dimethyl alpha methyl tryptamines? I'd be interested to know if they've ever been synthesized or explored....
Yes. α,N,N-TMT was detected in the UK per a 2015 report by the EMCDDA, however I haven't found any experience reports for it.

FWIW, I even find mushrooms (and other tryptamines) to be somewhat "speedy". All psychedelics seem to give me an energetic push (though some more than others), even at minidose levels.

I felt that way about mephedrone back in 2010 so I got myself a lifetime supply (I figured a kilo should do it lol). I got busted because I called the police because I was being gang stalked in my apartment complex....luckily it was legal here at the time. Still they kept it as part of my plea agreement.

That sucks. Mephedrone, for me, is extremely compulsive and if I have some, or any cathinones, I have to struggle mightily to not keep taking it until it's gone. AMT, though, I only touch once in a while even though I love it, there is something self-limiting about it that is not the case for me for other empathogens, even MDMA/MDA, which I also tend to do more than I mean to when I have them.

Of course back in 2006-2007, I abused AMT quite heavily. But these days I am able to keep psychedelics to an appropriate rate of usage, and AMT, despite being more empathogen than psychedelic, somehow manages to fall into the psychedelic category when it comes to abusability for me.

I have tried AET 3 times, and it is quite nice, but I like AMT better for sure. AET is quite similar, from my memory, but just less all around. Less bodyload, but also less enjoyable, less profound, and shorter duration.