• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anybody here ever used Piracetam to try and fix their brains?...lol

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
Hey there people. This is going to be long, so skip to the tl:dr if you dont feel like reading my life story. Lol

I'm 20 years old, about to be 21 here soon. I've been a drug addict for almost 6 years now, starting at 15.
I was heavy into the research chemical scene when I was younger, starting off with psychedelics like the 2C series and a variety of tryptamines. I had a bad overdose on 2C-P, taking over 150mg my first time and somehow surviving the 3 days of complete mindfuck that came with it.

Then spice hit the market. Ive smoked kilos of the dreaded gas station weed. Either blends from headshops, or id order chemicals and make my own in bulk. I feel like spice is really whats killed my ability to feel normal. Even though Ive been off it for almost 2 years now, I smoked that shit daily for atleast 3.

I have really bad panic attacks out of the blue sometimes. I cant even smoke weed anymore unless I drink or pop a benzo first. The anxiety just rips through me like nothing. But my main issue is just thaI always feel "off", as if my brain just does not function right anymore. I feel like a zombie to be honest. I never had any psychological problems before spice, but now I think I have GAD or maybe my brains just fried. Lol. I wish I was wiser when it came to ingesting random chemicals from China. God forbid I die from some crazy disease later on down the road.

Anyways, I want to try and use nootropics to fix my head. I hear piracetam is used for people recovering from alcohol addiction. Do any of y'all think this would be a good choice for my situation?

I've also been addicted on cocaine, Meth, painkillers, and just recently came off a hellish 8 month binge of daily phenibut a little over a month ago. I tend to just trade one addiction for another. Maybe the phenibut withdrawal is still kind of lingering. Is that possible after a month of abstinence? I've only been drinking maybe once or twice a week since quitting, and no other substances have been used.

Tl:dr
Is piracetam a good, safe, choice to help a brain that's been damaged by chronic drug abuse heal?

i have used alot of it and do believe it has re wired my brain for the better

in the past i used alot of extasy and coke so my brain has been pretty fried unil i started dabbling with nootropics

stack that shit with noopept

Is it really a good idea to take piracetam and noopept at the same time?

I actually have some noopept laying around somewhere. I tried it once and it turned me into an asshole for some reason Lol maybe I took too much. It just came with this tiny little scoop.

yes same here..... get yourself a a MG sale ...they cost 20 bucks and come with a tiny tin bowl that you will use to eventually scoop the formula into your mouth

so you're sick of taking chems you don't understand to end up with negative long term effects, right? Now you want too tr another based off forum responses mainly by other functional vs. non functional early or late stage users if any. Ask your doctor, be honest, don't use anything prescribed until researched & approved by yourself, and if you trust them while giving them a chance they willl help you find a solution and afford it. Best option IMHO

My doctors ive been to just throw SSRIs at me. Every time. I tried going on Celexa and it made me feel worst than I already did. Not to mention coming off of two months taking that shit was a complete nightmare.

Phenibut made me feel "normal" for about the first 3 months. Then five months of side effects but I'd keep taking it out of fear of withdrawal. Lol. Maybe I need to be on benzos. But God forbid I get hooked on those.

Idk man. Maybe I should go see a therapist. Lmfao.

I would stick to a benzo for anxiety and leave the other crap out

Hey joey, I'm there too with a fried brain and all, and it may sound generic, but when your brain chemistry is out of whack, the best thing you can do is give it time to actually heal. Take a break from drugs and chemicals, eat right, exercise, and really, really take care of yourself. It can be an involved process that takes a considerable amount of time but you will heal if you really take a break from drugs and live right.

My brain chemistry is so fucked up right now it's not even funny and I still will be on daily chemicals until I can taper off but I will heal in time too. It will take me a few years to where I can actually function without pills but I'm determined to be substance free. More chemicals, regardless of function, will only add to the chaos of your brain trying to regain its balance. Give yourself time brother, you will heal. Stay away from benzos and psych drugs they can create nasty dependencies. That's what fucked my brain up and has caused me a considerable amount of pain.

Yes Piracetam could help, they should give a nobel prize to the person who synthesized this molecule

This is going to be a long post, I recommend you read it all, but if you are lazy, read the bottom paragraphs. Joey24x18, you should read this post in it's entirety as it contains very valuable and potentially applicable information.

Hey there people. This is going to be long, so skip to the tl:dr if you dont feel like reading my life story. Lol

I'm 20 years old, about to be 21 here soon. I've been a drug addict for almost 6 years now, starting at 15.
I was heavy into the research chemical scene when I was younger, starting off with psychedelics like the 2C series and a variety of tryptamines. I had a bad overdose on 2C-P, taking over 150mg my first time and somehow surviving the 3 days of complete mindfuck that came with it.

Then spice hit the market. Ive smoked kilos of the dreaded gas station weed. Either blends from headshops, or id order chemicals and make my own in bulk. I feel like spice is really whats killed my ability to feel normal. Even though Ive been off it for almost 2 years now, I smoked that shit daily for atleast 3.

I have really bad panic attacks out of the blue sometimes. I cant even smoke weed anymore unless I drink or pop a benzo first. The anxiety just rips through me like nothing. But my main issue is just thaI always feel "off", as if my brain just does not function right anymore. I feel like a zombie to be honest. I never had any psychological problems before spice, but now I think I have GAD or maybe my brains just fried. Lol. I wish I was wiser when it came to ingesting random chemicals from China. God forbid I die from some crazy disease later on down the road.

Anyways, I want to try and use nootropics to fix my head. I hear piracetam is used for people recovering from alcohol addiction. Do any of y'all think this would be a good choice for my situation?

I've also been addicted on cocaine, Meth, painkillers, and just recently came off a hellish 8 month binge of daily phenibut a little over a month ago. I tend to just trade one addiction for another. Maybe the phenibut withdrawal is still kind of lingering. Is that possible after a month of abstinence? I've only been drinking maybe once or twice a week since quitting, and no other substances have been used.

Tl:dr
Is piracetam a good, safe, choice to help a brain that's been damaged by chronic drug abuse heal?

To make a "internet-forum diagnosis" so to speak, we really need to see a complete timeline of your drug use... Meth and Coke use at age 15 will have much more severe effects that at age 18.

For a starting point I wouldn't recommend taking unproven nootropics of any sort and let your brain sort itself out. Also, can you please describe your symptoms in a greater detail? Depression comes in many shapes and forms. I'd recommend waiting about 3 months for the full effects of phenibut withdrawal to wear off. From what I've read and seen, phenibut withdrawal seems similar to gabapentin withdrawal which is known to last on average a couple months but can be up to a year from long term use. I know gabapentin withdrawal definitely causes a feeling of being "off" or "not yourself" and/or just feeling plain weird. It can also cause panic attacks, seizures and many other nasty things. Most any GABAergic drugs so to speak, have hellish withdrawal.

Dopamine and nicotinic receptor agonist use in adolescence and less commonly teens can cause a permanent increase in the density of the dendritic spine density in the NAcc (Nucleus Accumbens) and other areas of the brain. This can cause many types of dopaminergic depression and other ailments... But it is vaguely treatable with dopamine-centric antidepressants such as Wellbutrin and the like. Most dopamine related depression doesn't cause the standard moodieness and general "down" feeling of seritonin-centric depression, but instead causes more of a lack of satisfaction which will eventually lead to a lack of motivation due to the fact that even when you accomplish a difficult task or something you really wanted to do; you don't feel the satisfaction that you should. Be aware that the information in this paragraph is just now starting to be researched and isn't widely accepted among doctors today. I can personally attest to the legitimacy of this condition though. Dopamine related depression has been known of for a very long time, but the cause remains widely speculative.

Opioids rarely cause any long-term effects on the brain or body once PAWS is over, excluding the cravings that remain.

The 2C series of drugs seem to be fairly harmless from what I've read, but much is unknown about them, so we must not make assumptions. The main mechanism of action of 2C chemicals is partial agonism 5HT2A receptor which induce sensory effects, which shouldn't cause any long-term damage, allthough the effects of overdoses can cause long lasting but rarely permanent effects.

The effects of synthetic canabinoids are largely unknown and speculative. From what I've read, there don't seem to be many long term effects from canabinoid use of any sort. It's more likely that anxiety and panic attacks are a symptom of stimulant use. If the stimulant use coincides with your spice use, that could explain the time that your symptoms emerged, but we can't know without an accurate timeline of drug use.

Basically, the "off" feeling you're experiencing now is most likely phenibut withdrawal, which can last for months, so hold on and don't let go... It'll get better, but you just need to give it time. I'd recommend 3 months of complete abstinence from everything including nicotine and alcohol. If you need a drink before bed it's okay but not recommended due to alcohol being a broad GABA agonist. Once the 3 months are up, if you still feel "off" or depression of some sort, I'd see a doctor. Many doctors just like to throw SSRI's and Tricyclic antidepressants at you, but if you feel that you have dopamergic depression, (make sure to read up on both types of depression) ask your doctor about the drugs that treat it. Don't start using unproven Nootropics and self medicating. I would recommend these supplements though: GABA, for many reasons; Vitamin B6 and L-DOPA, these are the precursors to dopamine which can increase dopamine levels, also vitamin b6 deficiencies are linked to many neurological disorders; COQ-10 for all the advertised reasons. This supplement cocktail is proven to work and doesn't have any common or major side effects. Also, magnesium is a good idea as it helps with general organ function especially the heart and lowers blood pressure. Magnesium also is thought to help with anxiety and depression, it's one of the oldest home remedies for the two. It has no side effects as long as you don't mind a large mushy dump every morning.

Everything in this post is based on the little information you supplied us with, therefore it is important to supply us with a timeline of your drug use so we can hypothesize it's effects as drug usage developing 15 year old has many different effects than at 18. Sorry for the long article, but I recommend you read it as it's packed with useful information.

If you shared needles or injected poorly filtered or potentially infection contaminated substances that opens up a wide range of possibilities and you should seek medical attention.

for some reason my post doesn't seem to be showing up, i'll pm you if it doesn't show up soon.

All these nootropics ive tried, noopept, piracetam, phenylpiracetam have improved my memory, focus, concentration, greatly.

its not something you notice right away, you dont get high, and you need to continually take it everyday for at least a month, ive noticed huge results by taking these drugs they really do work and are truly amazing at how they can heal your brain.

I did alot of damage to my brain my abusing stimulants.

Conspirator-
Wow thank you for the detailed explanation of what could be going on in my head. As for a time line Ill try to lay one out here:

Between 14 and 15 I started smoking weed. Usually mid grade cannabis two or three times a day. This progressed to smoking blunts of hugh grade bud every day. Daily. Around 16 is when "Spice" flooded the local market and i started smoking that. All day, every day. I started with the jwh series, which then got banned and I would make my own with ur-144. Id also smoke random head shop blends with God knows what in them. Along with spice, I would combine it with high doses of DXM frequently.

Around 17 is when I made a massive order of 2c-p to distribute around locally and would trip on it quite often combining it with large amounts of high grade pot or alcohol. This is around the time I also got into cocaine, as my coke dealer would trade me his product for my product. Which is how I caught a habit. Me and my business partner would do around an eight ball a day or more. Up until our coke dealer blew his head off after taking bath salts and our supply ran dry.

Between 18 and 19 I ended up on probation and went back to spice to avoid failing drug tests. I made a large amount if blend using eam-2201 and also smoked more random headshop blends. I overdosed a few times and had seizures but kept smoking because I was addicted. Eventually I got scared of what I was doing to myself and quit for good. I went through a pretty awful withdrawal which lasted almost a year to feel even kind of "normal". My meth use was one, three week binge when i was 18 where I'd smoke Meth all day addicted as fuck. I've done other shit too like MDMA, LSD, LSA, Mescaline, Ketamine, and DMT. But never had addiction to them and it wasnt frequent use.

My recent phenibut usage was an 8 month binge. I took around 3.5g daily and had to taper off very slowly to avoid hellish withdrawal. I've been off it two months. Now all I've been doing is drinking and smoking bud once or twice a week. And a recent 3 day klonopin binge. I'm prone to seeking out anti-anxiety drugs, because well I'm generally anxious as fuck.

My symptoms are mixed. I feel lethargic, unmotivated, I have racing anxious thoughts, panic attacks, and an all around feeling of just not being "normal". Sometimes I'll wake up and just not want to leave my house because Im so anxious. I have to force myself not to be antisocial. Its ruined my life really. I've lost my job, my apartment, and the love of my life due to my drug use. Which probably contributes to my depression. I feel hopeless, and recently it feels like I can hardly breathe.

I also became a pack a day smoker at 15, which I've switched to e-cigs and now. My nicotine level is at 12mg/ml of liquid which I'm tapering off down to 6mg soon.

All in all, it may just be after effects from the phenibut. I'm just hoping one day I wake up and feel like a different person than I do now. I appreciate you taking the time to write all of that. Ill have to look into some of the things you suggested.

Piracetam works well for me, feel like my brain is little healthier. I also see a huge difference after alcohol. If I'm on piracetam course, i feel much better after drink day. And this difference is noticeable. Don't know what's about other drugs like spice, but piracetam decreases ethanol's side effects on the brain.

Noopept is a pro-drug for an endogenous peptide called cyclopropylgycine, this peptide has alot of beneficial
effect on brain health and regeneration.
So I think it would be more logical to use noopept since it is sort of endogenous instead of racetams which are imposing themselves on your brain.
Also your cells are constantly rewriting themselves by using RNA to read the information that is located in your DNA and then to take that information to the ribosomes that read the informations and transfer it into proteins, but if you do something your ressources are used to do the thing you are doing, by stopping physical activity and neural activity (meditation) you stop using the ressources to do something and let it all to your cells to rewrite themsleves and get back to what they are to your DNA.
Two of these ressources are Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor and Nerve Growth Factor and cyclopropylglycine help increase the concentration of both of them.

So overall, I suggest eat healthy, plenty of proteins, plant protein (I like hemp proteins since they are the easiest to absorb), enough of every vitamin, alot of water, anti-oxidants and complex sugars for long term energy.
You can also try Lemon Balm dry finely grounded leaves eaten like that and chamomile tea or dry flowers eaten like that for anxiety, there is also skullcap tea that increase dopamine levels and is anxiolytic which could help you, these plants works pretty well and do not really create addiction or a high.
Also the most important, Meditate every day, at least once a day, but you will see that the more you meditate the quicker you will heal.
At last, I suggest to try noopept at low dose but only if you feel that taking nothing isnt really enough for you.

Hope you heal enough to feel yourself and happy sober. Have a nice day!