View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Anybody ever tried NMT?

Esperighanto

Bluelighter
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody here has ever tried N-Methyl-Tryptamine? It seems odd to me that an allegedly orally inactive compound would be extracted, purified and pressed as it is in this: https://www.drugsdata.org/view.php?id=17006

Some people over at the DMT Nexus have extracted and cleaned this up before writing about their process, but given it comes from difficult to acquire exotic root bark, it only further makes the point that NMT is an odd one to see in a Bitcoin pressie that just appears in Zurich.

Does anybody know anything about this?

I just saw this recently and was tempted to pick some up. I'll be sure to report back if I decide to, but unfortunately am of no help at the moment.

I tried a mixture of DMT and NMT years ago, it was not confirmed via GC, LCMS, or NMR but it was the leftover goop after DMT had been crystalized out from an A/B so it was likely that it was NMT heavy with definitely some DMT. It made the vaped experience longer and it wasn't as intense but it felt weird and wavy if that makes any sense

Last edited:
I bet you anything the testing lab has difficulty differentiating between NMT and AMT (alphamethyltryptamine).

I've never tried NMT as an isolate/pure compound, but I'm pretty sure I've experienced NMT with DMT. If you do a re-crystallization of a 1st extract and angle the dish slightly, you end up with a red oil at the bottom and white prisms of DMT. It's thought that the red oil is NMT rich.
NMT definitely lingers longer, up to 30 minutes. NMT is not nearly as visual as DMT, but it is visual and yes "wavey" or slight visual disturbances.

This came up in the North American forum under Canadian AMT
The lab in question is ... has had mislabeling issues in the past. So someone sent a sample of their AMT in to drugs data.
It tested as NMT.

However, if you scroll back, searching for AMT. DD has a sample from like 2013. So presumably they have areference sample for AMT. ?Unless that was before they started distinguishing between the different testing facilities (ie Checkit)?...

Vendor claims they have independent test results but ... I am skeptical .. but all these AMTs as NMT seems ... like it may be as Did suggested - trouble differentiating between the two ...

I tried a mixture of DMT and NMT years ago, it was not confirmed via GC, LCMS, or NMR but it was the leftover goop after DMT had been crystalized out from an A/B so it was likely that it was NNT heavy with definitely some DMT. It made the vaped experience longer and it wasn't as intense but it felt weird and wavy if that makes any sense
This.

I found that it lasted longer, was smoother, slower to set in, gentler, warmer, and not very alien when compared to 100% N,N-DMT iirc.

@G_Chem is the man to talk to.

He has alot of experience with NMT and knowledge about it in general. We were just talking about it in a thread the other day, he is a really smart dude and knows alot about extraction and etc.

Not sure why I didn’t get this notification… Sometimes they just simply don’t get through. Or I’m a space case lol.

I’ve tried a lot of NMT but always with at least small amounts of DMT mixed in. Have never had pure NMT but I can say I’ve had nearly pure..

I say this alot but the best analogy is NMT is to DMT what CBD (or maybe more accurately CBG) is to THC. It has light psychoactive properties by itself but is best when mixed with DMT in certain ratios as it alters the experience in a really good way.

When it’s nearly pure it’s a clear oil and you might get light psychedelia but overall pretty bland. Acacia confusa will vary tremendously in its DMT to NMT ratios so depending on what tree/area you are sourcing sometimes you can get an extract that is 90-95% NMT. (Which honestly sucks when it happens..)

At the right ratio, of which I’ve yet to figure out completely but I’m guessing in the neighborhood of 5-10% NMT with the rest being DMT, it adds the perfect flavor. Almost like the trip is more opiate like, also much more love oriented, when NMT is mixed in it feels like opening the door to heaven. I’m often in an ecstastic state of thanks and gratefulness, many times saying out loud in repetition “thank you, thank you.”

I honestly thought for the longest time this was an inherent part of the DMT experience because most of my early trips were on Acacia confusa and occasionally Chaliponga both of which contain NMT. It wasn’t until I began my exploration with Mimosa that I realized the difference. While it’s possible to reach that state with mimosa it doesn’t do it nearly as reliably.

I often aimed for a certain crystal formation that only seemed to occur with Acacia confusa when the DMT content was pure enough (aka the ratio was right, often too much NMT). The crystals would be long spindly things shaped in sea urchin globes. The length of the crystals would be astounding. While mimosa and Chaliponga will make spiked crystal globes too, the crystals are often much shorter and thicker. Mimosa can sometimes make salt like or hexagonal shapes too. I’ve never seen Mimosa or Chali create the long thin crystals I’ve seen from Acavia.

To separate the DMT from NMT you just need to do multiple re-X’s, if I remember right (been a long time folks and drugs don’t help lol) the NMT was less soluble in naphtha so quick rinses to grab the DMT were done.

Most acacia confusa extracts will be a waxy substance as the NMT oil mixes with the crystalline DMT.

-GC

yeah it’s a by product of using confusa.

The pure n-dmt was even different than mimosas usual yellow or orange toned salt. It was like a big smile smoking the pure stuff, with it mixed it comes out like a wax like a crumble butane hash oil. Nmt causes minor hallucinations or none but the vision still felt different as in the way everything looked, it kind of felt like that’s how we were supposed to always feel. It’s kind of like a body buzz or like you get a slight tinted vision color that you couldn’t really tell if smoking outside at night.

You can get pure Nmt or near pure (there could be other stuff in it that bases out) by letting the dmt cool down when you base it and an oil forms on the top layer of the water base mixture. The dmt will drop to the bottom as a chunk. The Nmt stays floating on the top as an oil it doesn’t crystallize.

You want to start by adding vinegar into the water bark mixture and heating it to extract the dmt and stuff as an acetate salt into the water mixture, then you base it out after straining the bark. It’s similar to extracting anything.

It could be possible to extract an oil from the bark with ethanol and then boil it or evaporate it off like making hash oil. Then dissolving that in water, this is if you don’t want to do joshisoms tek or the similar method with leaving the bark in the jar and heating it on a stove top with vinegar. Once you have your liquid you just base it out. When the solution clouds that’s is all the dmt and other stuff turning into a base. Then it goes black. If you let it cool down you have to heat it up to try and pull the top layer with naphtha. You can do naphtha pulls where you separate it after but unnecessary. The dmt usually ends up as a chunk on the bottom unless you heat and mix well with naphtha. If you wanted the same naphtha crystals or shards you could dissolve it in naphtha after and then put it in the freezer. But the freezer part is what sucked the most.

Using vinegar or acetone in any process of the extraction can acetylate the molecule and make it like heroin in euphoria.

yeah it’s a by product of using confusa.

The pure n-dmt was even different than mimosas usual yellow or orange toned salt. It was like a big smile smoking the pure stuff, with it mixed it comes out like a wax like a crumble butane hash oil. Nmt causes minor hallucinations or none but the vision still felt different as in the way everything looked, it kind of felt like that’s how we were supposed to always feel. It’s kind of like a body buzz or like you get a slight tinted vision color that you couldn’t really tell if smoking outside at night.

You can get pure Nmt or near pure (there could be other stuff in it that bases out) by letting the dmt cool down when you base it and an oil forms on the top layer of the water base mixture. The dmt will drop to the bottom as a chunk. The Nmt stays floating on the top as an oil it doesn’t crystallize.

You want to start by adding vinegar into the water bark mixture and heating it to extract the dmt and stuff as an acetate salt into the water mixture, then you base it out after straining the bark. It’s similar to extracting anything.

It could be possible to extract an oil from the bark with ethanol and then boil it or evaporate it off like making hash oil. Then dissolving that in water, this is if you don’t want to do joshisoms tek or the similar method with leaving the bark in the jar and heating it on a stove top with vinegar. Once you have your liquid you just base it out. When the solution clouds that’s is all the dmt and other stuff turning into a base. Then it goes black. If you let it cool down you have to heat it up to try and pull the top layer with naphtha. You can do naphtha pulls where you separate it after but unnecessary. The dmt usually ends up as a chunk on the bottom unless you heat and mix well with naphtha. If you wanted the same naphtha crystals or shards you could dissolve it in naphtha after and then put it in the freezer. But the freezer part is what sucked the most.

Using vinegar or acetone in any process of the extraction can acetylate the molecule and make it like heroin in euphoria.

The beginning of this post is pretty spot on, but then you start to lose me.

While yes sometimes the NMT precipitates out in a different way, not always. Most of the time the NMT would be mixed in, at the bottom. The only true way I found back then was multiple recrystallizations.

Also using vinegar in no way acetylates the DMT, and acetone won’t acetylate anything. Vinegar won’t even acetylate morphine to heroin as there’s too much water for the reaction to proceed. Using either of those solvents will have no effect on any of the alkaloids present, at least not acetylation.

-GC

Extremely interesting thread.
MHRB extractions are pretty pure DMT. Acacia confusa, you definitely get a goo, especially if you use Xylene so as to get a fuller spectrum.
The fuller spectrum Acacia extract definitely feels more recreational and less serious and "digital". The more pure MHRB stuff also gives me a kind of a "woozy" period after the acute effects. I'm not a fan of the woozy part. Doesn't make me feel great and it makes me wonder about solvent residues. Commercially and legally obtained 5Meo-DMT, years ago, also gave me the "woozy" period and Gracie and Zarkov have mentioned it. Still, it's worriesome when you're altered like that. It goes away after 10-15 minutes and leaves a light psychedelia, again like 5Meo.

Acacia, with NMT, doesn't do this. It lasts longer and the visions are more rounded and less angular and digital... and no woozyness. Also, less immersive, overwhelming, and serious. Seems like personal epiphanies would be happening less, if at all with ACRB.

I'm thinking that someday MHRB extracts could be added to ACRB extract and that would be advantageous.

Anyone else notice this woozy thing?

Last edited:
My experience is mostly with stuff from acacia, I don't have a lot of experience with MHRB derived deems but I can definitely agree with what you say about acacia being longer lasting and less digital/more rounded feeling. We called it jungle deems, I actually kinda prefer it that way. It could definitely get serious and deep if you take enough though. My experience with plugging 200mg was the jungle acacia stuff and it felt like the 100mg vaped experience as described in tihkal

Yep, I decidedly prefer the Acacia confusa whole extract to pure N,N-DMT and I would agree with the way the posters above have characterized the differences.