• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Any solution for dark circles under eyes caused by drugs???

TumajNuri

Ex-Bluelighter
Evening... Forgive me if it's not right place to post this question.:D
Well... Not actually addicted to any stuff, But the occasional use of any (legal/illegal) psychoactive caused some dark circle under my eyes and that's the reason I hate to look at myself in the mirror. :eek:
A friend suggested me to wash my eyes and circles around them with boiling/hot water. At first, your eyes may feel hurt/burning but the dark circles will start to disappear after a while. Otherwise, Using those "stick concealers" we buy from Make-Up stores in order to mask/hide those dark circles was his last advice.
In iran, every person with a skinny body and dark circle under his/her eyes is called "Junkie". I hate it when people stare at my face for longer than 4 seconds.:X
All suggestions/ideas are welcome... Thank you. ;)

This is what i would do. I would buy a concealer that matches your skin color to mask those dark circles and then I would try to figure out how to get rid of them. My suggestions would be drinking a lot of water, eating healthier, getting more sleep!!!! GOOD LUCK

This is what i would do. I would buy a concealer that matches your skin color to mask those dark circles and then I would try to figure out how to get rid of them. My suggestions would be drinking a lot of water, eating healthier, getting more sleep!!!! GOOD LUCK

Seems wise. Thank you pal... :D

Mash up a few almonds and make a paste with a few drops of milk. Apply moist paste gently under eyes for ten minutes per day.

You can add vitamin E liquid or mint to the paste.

Simpler remedies include placing a slice of cucumber or potato over the eye (while keeping your eyes closed).

Rose water soaked in a cotton ball is also a traditional remedy for dark circles under the eye.

Don't bother with creams, but almond oil can be applied if you can obtain it.

As mentioned, proper sleep and good nutrition are absolutely essential. Drink water.

Finally, try to schedule your extracurricular excursions to minimize possible adverse observation. Don't binge for days on end and expect you will look as fresh as an athlete. And if you already have dark circles, don't be dipping into the dope again until the condition improves.

Damn, doing drugs in Iran? Hope you don't ever get caught.

According to Erowid.Org, In Iran you get a warning for using. No matter how many times cops catch you, you will not get more than a warning and a small fine. Unless you are a dealer so you have to bribe cops or should find a way to deal with being in Jail. Believe it or not, I know a lot of meth-head cops here.

Mash up a few almonds and make a paste with a few drops of milk. Apply moist paste gently under eyes for ten minutes per day.

Simpler remedies include placing a slice of cucumber or potato over the eye (while keeping your eyes closed).

Rose water soaked in a cotton ball is also a traditional remedy for dark circles under the eye.

As mentioned, proper sleep and good nutrition are absolutely essential. Drink water.

Finally, try to schedule your extracurricular excursions to minimize possible adverse observation. Don't binge for days on end and expect you will look as fresh as an athlete. And if you already have dark circles, don't be dipping into the dope again until the condition improves.

Impressive. I will keep your great suggestions in my mind. I do almost anything to hide side effects of addiction. Thank you so much.
;)

Wow... helpful, thanks :)

61BgE-ZK1BL._SY679_.jpg

These things are cheap and have a metal roller ball that helps with bruising + some ingredients like caffeine and b vitamins that are supposed to help. Even after the solution that comes in it runs out I just keep mine in the freezer and roll it along eye before bed and after waking. Seems to help

I always have dark circles under my eyes so everyone thinks i'm out slamming bags of h but i just always have them.

Back when I actively used drugs and didn't get enough sleep but us to be at work early I would bring water close to a boil and dunk two tea bags in it. I would let them cool some and then put them over my eyes for ten minutes. That helps to bring the swelling down. I also used tattoo covering makeup to hide the discoloration. I have a pair of reading glasses that are long and rectangular and the bottoms of them go across my face where my eye bags are so they get hidden. All of that worked pretty well. If I was exhausted and was having issues keeping my eyes totally open I would put a little Vicks vapo rub in the corners. Before you go to bed after partying drink a lot of water. Keep water by your bed and drink it if you wake up during the night.

Please don't put boiling water or extremely hot water on the skin under your eyes - it's very delicate and you can get severely burned doing that. That skin also scars pretty quickly.

Main reasons for those dark circles:
- dehydration of the skin (too much salt in the diet, not enough water / electrolytes)
- not enough sleep
- alcohol consumption, or smoking
- sun exposure
- poor nutrition
- low blood pressure
- liver distress, in some cases

If you want to tackle it internally, use milk thistle, drink plenty of water every day (with added electrolytes if you tend to be dehydrated). Avoid too much coffee, alcohol, and smoking. Get enough sleep. If your nose tends to be stuffed up at all, or just blocked, using a sinus rinse like a neti pot can help. The bags under the eyes are sometimes due to garbage in the sinuses behind them.

Chamomile tea bags are create for under the eyes, so are regular used tea bags that have already been steeped. My mother swears by using hemorrhoid cream under her eyes, but to me that's more for puffy eyes, not dark circles.

In eastern medicine we consider the dark circles to be a sign of kidney or liver deficiency, not enough vital energy in the body... a root sort of exhaustion.

Boiling water? I don't know if it would be any helpfull with the dark cycles but generally, ain't that bad for the skin?
If you ask me, put some yougurt in your face and wash it when it dries. My face always looks great after I do it and the cycles always leave.

I have this issue as well with my eyes and when my hair was longer people would treat me like a complete junkie by my appearence. I have that feature of dark circles but if being honest I always had em even before I got into doing drugs but yea when I be on a binge and afterwards it can look pretty bad like I dont blame some people if they do think I'm a complete disgrace but a lot of the time people are ignorant asses whose hypocrtical double standard serves to infuriate and piss me off when I'm sober and just minding my own business.

Do any of the references work like I go for job interview I want to demonstrate to them at least I'm ordinary guy obviously not some drug fiend:)

I use Maybeline Fitme concealer stick. It's very affordable (around $7.99) and you can find it at pretty much any drug store, Walgreens, CVS, ect. I do realize you're a dude though so you might not feel comfortable buying/wearing makeup? I don't think it would be a big deal and it does not make you "fruity" or anything like that. Most guys I know won't touch makeup but I honestly don't think anybody would notice your wearing any because of how natural it looks. I dont even try to "treat dark circles internally" anymore because for me none of that shit works. They sometimes fade a tiny bit when I'm really well rested but not enough to walk around without makeup.

I have pretty bad permanent dark circles, it's like the one thing that actually makes me look like a drug addict and Ive always been self conscious about it but that concealer is thick enough to cover them so good you can't even tell. I've had them all my life from being a terrible sleeper as a baby but I think years of meth use along with the fucked up sleep schedule that comes with it made them worse.

When it comes to covering them up, I reccomend going a couple shades lighter than your skin color, I use the lightest shade they have (cuz I'm hella white) and gently dab it on my upper and lower eyelids until evenly blended with a makeup sponge aka cosmetic wedge. It takes me less than a minute and my eyes look as fresh and normal as any sober person. The reason for using a lighter color than your natural skin tone is because your eye circles are darker pigment than the rest of your skin so if the concealer matches your skin color and you apply it to your eye lids, it won't work very well because the eye lids will still be darker.

Last edited:
I often have dark rings around my eyes, too, probably because I have been born with large eye sockets on my skull... Another unusual physical feature I have is a flexibility that allows me to do yoga movements and sit in full lotus position easily.

I use Maybeline Fitme concealer stick. It's very affordable (around $7.99) and you can find it at pretty much any drug store, Walgreens, CVS, ect. I do realize you're a dude though so you might not feel comfortable buying/wearing makeup? I don't think it would be a big deal and it does not make you "fruity" or anything like that. Most guys I know won't touch makeup but I honestly don't think anybody would notice your wearing any because of how natural it looks. I dont even try to "treat dark circles internally" anymore because for me none of that shit works. They sometimes fade a tiny bit when I'm really well rested but not enough to walk around without makeup.

I have pretty bad permanent dark circles, it's like the one thing that actually makes me look like a drug addict and Ive always been self conscious about it but that concealer is thick enough to cover them so good you can't even tell. I've had them all my life from being a terrible sleeper as a baby but I think years of meth use along with the fucked up sleep schedule that comes with it made them worse.

When it comes to covering them up, I reccomend going a couple shades lighter than your skin color, I use the lightest shade they have (cuz I'm hella white) and gently dab it on my upper and lower eyelids until evenly blended with a makeup sponge aka cosmetic wedge. It takes me less than a minute and my eyes look as fresh and normal as any sober person. The reason for using a lighter color than your natural skin tone is because your eye circles are darker pigment than the rest of your skin so if the concealer matches your skin color and you apply it to your eye lids, it won't work very well because the eye lids will still be darker.

I hear you like even good night sleep feel refreshed like your still marked with those dark sockets.
Cheers for the tips I'll give it go but I wont say itt to any of my mates as I know what their reactions will be :).
When I was younger I use to think bit of the junkie image was romantic and all this but know its bit of a a hindrance if you get me.
The meth really fucks it up alright like a night and a day or two later the face your eyes it all looks completely wrecked:(.

Main reasons for those dark circles:
- dehydration of the skin (too much salt in the diet, not enough water / electrolytes)
- not enough sleep
- alcohol consumption, or smoking
- sun exposure
- poor nutrition
- low blood pressure
- liver distress, in some cases

adding another major one- allergies