• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health any schizophrenics have exp. with DMT?

Ok so here I am years later bumping this thread..

Some of you might know what i'm talking about with "hell", when it seems like everyone everywhere knows everything in your head and its always been that way (you are the cosmic joke), and how it seems like they are just actors in your life, and you wonder what the point of it all is.. It seems so real when it happens but if you've been through it before you might see it differently - like your subconscious talking to you.. I purposely did this combo a few times (MDPV, then 4-aco-dmt) with benzo's just curious to see if i could have a chat with my subconscious.

Man I've felt that cosmic joke thing a few times andits some shiiiit

I get psychosis from too high doses
Of drugs but my few experiences with smoking dmt didnt make me feel more schizo symptoms. I have voices. They are my friends. I met them through tripping and were to fond of eachother to split ways :) offcourse at the moment i did dmt i must have not been entirely happy because each time it felt really really uncomfortable and disorientated. Many spirits appear and you notice their presence but they are different. They will watch and be curious for one thing. But if you dont want to deal with that you should perhaps consider leaving your sorrounding dimensions in tact :)

Oh and i have had psychosis from many types of drugs but never a psychedelic. There is very clear line between being temporarily insane from a psychedelic and having a psychotic episode imo.

Hi

So I found this thread because I have been medically diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and am curious about having a DMT experience.
The reason why I want to try it is to have a breakthrough experience. My illness manifests itself into me perceiving 'cosmic' coincidences in my life that seem to guide me, also I have visual hallucinatory phenomena that is of the same kind of thing, and I also hear other people's voices / hallucinate their thoughts audio-way. Basically I am super interested in the shamanic point of view, because sometimes the coincidences get so freaking crazy that the divine (for lack of a better, more humble word) nature of them seems undeniable. Also I have figured that the voices I hear / thoughts of others that I perceive is something like me being able to talk or rather have an information exchange with their subconsciousness without them knowing. But the scenarios I perceive often contradict themselves, so I tend to get sceptical when they do. When this happens, I enter a phase were I completely deny the existence of higher powers. But my mind is usually not satisfied with this because I realize how bizarre life really is and how we have no explanation for the existence of it (I am also heavily into science and stuff). DMT seems to me like it could be some kind of a powerful insight into the 'divine-theory' of my hallucinatory experiences. It could provide an answer to the question "So are our lives special in a divine way?", which is actually the catalyst for me getting back into the psychotic crazy mode most of the time, since the answer is unknown. This theist-atheist on-off game is driving my life now. Ehh. Humans live in the extremes.
What do you guys think?

Btw, I got my schizophrenia induced by cannabis. I have a vivid and alive imagination by nature, but cannabis seems to have turned on an automatic engine in my imagination, which drives the psychotic experiences. It's like having another being in your mind, which cannot be terminated even if you can genuinely understand all the evidence for it's non-existence. One person here put it really on-point - it's like having your subconsciousness rebelling against your normal consciousness. A lot of the psychotic visions and stuff comes from psychological reasons as well (insecurities in my case). The others are just fantasy being manifested in a weirdly automatic and intense way.

Hey, I was plagued with voices and paranoia for years. I smoked DMT once and it went away. The voices subsided but most importantly my perspective changed completely, they stopped have any effect on me - all anxieties gone for good. I felt like a new person, like my brain was reset or something.

schizophrenia runs in the family, i can at least hold a job through my schizoid episodes so i wouldn't exactly call it a disorder (i've never seen a doc about it though)

Some of you might know what i'm talking about with "hell", when it seems like everyone everywhere knows everything in your head and its always been that way (you are the cosmic joke), and how it seems like they are just actors in your life, and you wonder what the point of it all is.. It seems so real when it happens but if you've been through it before you might see it differently - like your subconscious talking to you.. I purposely did this combo a few times (MDPV, then 4-aco-dmt) with benzo's just curious to see if i could have a chat with my subconscious.
this hit so close to home, it's almost evidence that my delusions are true.

glad to know i'm not the only one, or at least if i am... i'm in familiar company and can speak freely hahaha!

that was years ago, lately i've taken to the delusion that nothing exists. it's a bit more frightening, but i guess i just have to enjoy myself in case.

edit

forgot to mention, mine manifested after a series of mushroom trips followed by a series of dmt trips, plus one very harrowing dmt + weed + datura trip.

i thunk i musta been trying to coax it out of myself.