• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Any relatively easy way to purify MXE?

edzeppelin

Bluelighter
Whether different batches of MXE have differing effects/purity has been speculated at length in other threads, but my own recent experience has convinced me that this is true. I have some "old" stuff from early 2011, and some recent off-white, grainy stuff. The old stuff had little taste, and was slightly numbing, and had a stimulation that became especially noticeable after about 4 hours, and it takes about 90 mg for a threshold dissociative dose. The new stuff has a very "strong" taste, and has prominent stimulation at only 25 mg (far below dissociative threshold effects)
If I assumed there was an additional stimulatory compound in the new stuff, whether it be from the compound not being sufficiently cleaned during manufacture or added at some point, would there be any way a layman could clean it out?
I think this is harm reduction advice, and would greatly appreciate any helpful comments.

If i remember correctly a simple acetone wash separated MXE from a very common adulterant left over from badly made product..

I'll see if i can find the thread for ya.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ne-synthesis-impurity?highlight=Methoxetamine

Yes, thank you, I saw this, but it still seems unclear. Why do undesirable chems always dissolve in acetone, and the pure desirable one not? It seems too easy, which often means it's wrong, or at least not completely accurate.

It's coincidence. Acetone is a good polar aprotic solvent.

Last edited:
If I assumed there was an additional stimulatory compound in the new stuff,

I doubt it. It sounds like the 'old stuff' was cut to shit with something inactive (or had many synthetic byproducts left in), and that MXE itself is simply slightly stimulating. 90 mg required for a threshold is frankly ridiculous. With MXE, I find above threshold effects with 10 mg taken sublingually.

ebola

I doubt it. It sounds like the 'old stuff' was cut to shit with something inactive (or had many synthetic byproducts left in), and that MXE itself is simply slightly stimulating. 90 mg required for a threshold is frankly ridiculous. With MXE, I find above threshold effects with 10 mg taken sublingually.

ebola

exactly, unless ACH tolerance is at play.

exactly, unless ACH tolerance is at play.

Yes, but this was the same with that old, "first batch" stuff. I'd even say 10 mg oral have to bring noticeable effects (stimulation at least, altered vision/emotions) unless you're having really bad tolerance or cut material.

Real difference is less the potency than how the stuff felt. My very first trip (and those that followed, sometimes combined with low dosed DXM- may or may not have been an influence) had very much of a glowing opiatey feeling. Warm, smooth, numb, awake, trippy. In contrast to the cold speediness I've tasted later. Yeah, most probably some stimulant mixed in.

(Must be a bad one although, as MXE mixes well with d-amph or even ethylphenidate if dosed responsibly ... different experience, much warmer and less of a comedown / hangover).

Nevertheless, interesting approach- that what's currently available could be the "real" MXE and our beloved old one was an obscure mixture ...

But without doubth, MXE is very stimulating. It has a slightly different quality than the usual dopamine / norepinephrine agents, but is at least as active. If I remember correctly, it was found that MXE binds to the SERT, propably acting as a reuptake inhibitor (or releaser?) but not to other transporters. But since they did not scan for VMAT/2 etc. I'd wonder if there's some activity, since the fact it combines well with both dopamine reuptake inhibitors and releasers - if it would be one of both, one should cancel it's effects out (or at least don't potentiate).

Last edited: