• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Any experience with how long it takes to feel normal after quitting meth use?

stalwartwheat63

Greenlighter
A little back story I first started abusing adderall back in September 2020. I was able to control it for a while doing about 100-120mg every 3-4 days. Then I tried meth for the first time January 7 and controlled use for about a month. Then from February to April I was snorting meth and using in a style of staying up for 2 days sleeping 16 hours and repeating. Then in April I started smoking meth and was high until I fell asleep after 2 days to exhaustion woke up and did it again. My last time doing meth was may 6 and I have done adderall in doses of about 60mg XR 2 since then. I still feel like shit and have paranoid thoughts about dying but i workout a lot and take L theanine, L tyrosine, and ashwagandha plus a multivitamin. Anyone have any advice on how long I’m looking at with this history of use?

I'm into opioids, not meth. But it seems like you need to stop all of it, including the Adderall, in order to give your brain a chance to reset itself. With opioids, when you abuse strong ones for a period of time, then transition to weaker ones, which is a common method of detoxing, the weaker ones affect you more negatively than they would've had you not been on stronger ones prior. I hope that makes sense. In other words, while Adderall might not have been a big deal for you before the meth, the meth has left your brain in a more compromised state.

O
I'm into opioids, not meth. But it seems like you need to stop all of it, including the Adderall, in order to give your brain a chance to reset itself. With opioids, when you abuse strong ones for a period of time, then transition to weaker ones, which is a common method of detoxing, the weaker ones affect you more negatively than they would've had you not been on stronger ones prior. I hope that makes sense. In other words, while Adderall might not have been a big deal for you before the meth, the meth has left your brain in a more compromised state.
h yeah I know this it’s been only twice in the last 3 months tho, and I have resisted since then. I just starting to lose hope tho everyday feels like a mental prison and I don’t get enjoyment from much of anything anymore

O

h yeah I know this it’s been only twice in the last 3 months tho, and I have resisted since then. I just starting to lose hope tho everyday feels like a mental prison and I don’t get enjoyment from much of anything anymore
Give it more time. I know it might seem like a long time, but if you went a year without anything and kept working out, it's hard to imagine you'd still feel this bad.

As a general rule of thumb, the longer a person has been on meth, the worse the withdrawal symptoms will be. The same applies to age, with older people typically experiencing worse symptoms than younger people. The first phase is most intense during the first 24 hours after last using meth and gradually gets less intense over the next week. The second phase is less intense and lasts for about another two to three weeks.