Exhausted Any ex needle users got advice?

Good first step, as long as you did not put some one in danger! All is well! And kept you Safe 👍🏻

I had such a horrible addiction to the needle.

At one point it got so bad, I was literally injecting into my PICC line in the hospital waiting for heart surgery for endocarditis. It took my soul. I used to have dreams of going through the ritual, and would wake up right as I would go to inject. It was such a difficult thing to get over. If I didn't have an artificial heart valve now I don't know if I ever could have stopped. And yes, I tried, which resulted in heart surgery #2 and #3.

It took years to get over the obsession.

My last IV was August 2017 and I can say, it does get better, and it is absolutely worth it to do so - especially when you develop the addicition to the needle itself.

Your life and health is worth so much more than what the needle can provide.

I had such a horrible addiction to the needle.

At one point it got so bad, I was literally injecting into my PICC line in the hospital waiting for heart surgery for endocarditis. It took my soul. I used to have dreams of going through the ritual, and would wake up right as I would go to inject. It was such a difficult thing to get over. If I didn't have an artificial heart valve now I don't know if I ever could have stopped. And yes, I tried, which resulted in heart surgery #2 and #3.

It took years to get over the obsession.

My last IV was August 2017 and I can say, it does get better, and it is absolutely worth it to do so - especially when you develop the addicition to the needle itself.

Your life and health is worth so much more than what the needle can provide.
shit man, it's incredible that you're still alive. God's giving you a second chance.

Yes for me seeing it now kind of disgusts me, its been maybe 2 or 3 years since I last IV'd I used to do speedballs, I didn't bother unless I had both the heroin and coke. I still have some type of excitement to seeing the blood rush in but its not something I think about and is kind of counteracted by the disgust. I would say it is probably something you want to avoid seeing for a good while when trying to stop

The way stopping the needles worked for me was that I just got to a point where it was to destructive to my veins so went to methadone first for like 4months maybe a year cant remember tapered down from 100mg to like 50 and at that point smoking heroin/crack replaced the speedballs because I didnt want to go back down the IV route, fucking poking yourself over and over, jesus it sucked.

Yesterday was my first day of taking no opiates in 5-7 years and the best part is that because I tapered so slowly it isnt all that unbearable, atleast not yet ;)

Last edited:
I've been injecting drugs for 15 years and don't have a needle fixation. I just use IV coz it's cheaper/stronger/convenient and the first time I was given h it was IV.

You sound like you may have a needle fixation which can be super dangerous. Don't start trying to inject any random stuff/meds/drugs
And yes of course I feel crappy a lot but it will leave you if you stay abstinent long enough.

I'm on a binge ATM(weed, Xanax, heroin, meth & coke) and the day after tomorrow when I run out of drugs to shoot I'll be 90% ok with it.

@Deru madness bro, what's a PICC line? I also have those dreams, not always about injecting, but sometimes just for sniffing. But you never get to actually do it. I've had friends in recovery say the same about their DOC too.
@Branggen yea the blood coming back into the barrel is one the worst parts of the fixation I think, especially when you've been having trouble hitting and then all of a sudden pow there it is. Mate, massive congrats on the no opiates btw 🎉💪😊🌟

And @the_ketaman how on early have you managed it for 15 years and stil have any veins left lol?

Thanks again peeps 🙏💙

madness bro, what's a PICC line?

It's like an IV line you get at the hospital, except it goes into a peripherial vein in your upper arm and runs all the way to your heart and ends in the superior vena cava. It makes getting around the clock IV medication much easier and more efficient and also daily blood draws can come right out of the central line instead of being poked daily.

shit man, it's incredible that you're still alive. God's giving you a second chance.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I knew someone who died of injecting related endocarditis. It's strange how some of us seem to get off so lightly after taking so so many stupid chances with our lives, while others sadly don't. :(

What I loved about it was the speed of change from feeling like dying to feeling of absolute content, especially the times I shot a cocktail of H&C while withdrawling hard.
Once I experienced the efficiency and speed of the needle, I never considered taking H or coke any other way.
I would advise people to work on their technique, use the smallest gauge possible, be clean, not be greedy and be as careful as possible every time they shoot if they are going to keep on using needles.
I would actually advise not even trying it because for most people, it changes the whole game and not positively.

I knew someone who died of injecting related endocarditis. It's strange how some of us seem to get off so lightly after taking so so many stupid chances with our lives, while others sadly don't. :(

I'm not saying I'm not grateful to be alive, I am.

But trust me, I suffer every day due to those decisions. Sometimes, it almost seems like it is the world achieving equilibrium with me - for what I got away with, now I have to suffer. I am in so much extreme pain everyday from open sore venous ulcers, I can't stand up for more than 2 hours at a time, my whole body is just disgustingly disfigured now, among countless other issues.

I'm permanently disabled and have lost my independence and I'm only 33 years old.

We all pay the price at some point.

My husband was a heavy user of 20 years.
He said that after 2 years sober the thought, aight and even smell of alcohol swans made him feel like throwing up, so i guess eventually it does pass.

But I’m in the same boat. Something about it, the whole process really, just stays with you and never feels like it’ll leave.

I'm an ex IV heroin addict, 18 years clean but recently been thinking of IM'ing Ketamine, I ordered some little alcohol injection wipes and was going to get all the other supplies but decided against it after being ripped off and maybe it was for the best as it would of been so weird to draw up liquid off a spoon with a syringe after all these years

So the little alcohol wipes arrived and I've been using them to clean my phone lol