• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Any east coasters on here that have tried west coast (black) dope?

imthatbull69

Greenlighter
I was reading the "You know your a junkie when" and one comment in particular really stood out to me/made me crack up haha. Dude said "East coasters only--looking for a water bottle on the street to use the cap for mixing". Which led me to ask this question. I'm right near Philly so we got fire outhere that doesn't need to be cooked. Also, I've been wondering where does it end? Meaning where (geographically) does powder turn to tar/vice versa. Places like Ohio? Hmm. When I think of powder I think of the east. In/Near/Around places like Philly/Baltimore/Newark/NYC/Pittsburgh surrounding areas. What about down south though? Any thoughts on this?!

Live in VA and never seen black tar; no idea where the "division" line is (between it and the powder stuff, which is here), maybe the Mississippi river? . Interestingly tho, on the other side of the water here (Chesapeake Bay), it's all caps, and on this side, it's all glassine bags. The caps go for half what the bags cost. In over 10 years, Ive never seen an exception to this, and always wondered why this 'container' and price division exists.

I've heard of tar and powder in Ohio as well as in the south in Georgia/Alabama.

Yeah tar basically has the whole country besides the northeast? ...someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah I forgot to mention that as well. What do you mean by caps? You have stamp wax bs in VA?

Well, since Ohio is mentioned, I suppose I can speak up on this...

In Northern Ohio [where I'm from] it's nothing but powder. & some fire powder at that. But if you go south, we'll say Columbus [cause it's well known] it's all tar. I've never heard of ANYBODY down there getting powder, unless someone brought it from the north.

It's kind of odd, though.. If you drive 15-20 minutes north of where I live, powder. But if you drive literally 10 minutes south of me, it turns into tar. & shitty tar at that. Usually you need 4-5 balloons to even get well. & if you're opiate intolerant, it still takes 2-3 balloons to catch any kind of high. So it's pretty shitty, that's for sure.

But, you can go to Toledo, and basically pick your poison. You can get tar or powder. Up there, the tar is still garbage, but the powder is usually pretty decent. Only reason I think the Glass City gets powder though, is because it's SO close to Michigan. Like, literally a hop-skip-and a jump away.

Overall though, and this is just my experiences, is that the tar we get, is pretty shitty. I'm sure there's people in Ohio that get some fire tar, just like I'm sure some people get really shitty powder. The only time I've ever had bad powder, was when I was ripped off by a friend, and he just filled it up with some random powder like baking soda. But he got me back later, with legit dope, so all was good. But I haven't found any shitty powder yet. .1, sniffed... still gets me to where I want to be. .2 and I'm nodding nicely... if I do anymore then that, I'm usually just drooling on myself and babbling about some shit that doesn't make any sense.

Remember though, this is all just through my experiences. Someone in the next city over, might have something completely different to say about it though.

Edit:

Since packaging was mentioned, I'll tell you what I see...

For tar, it's always been in balloons. I've never seen tar sold, and there not be a balloon. Period. But the powder, it usually comes in aluminum foil folds, or paper folds. The paper folds vary in color, but that's only if you're buying a few bags. When you're buying weight with powder.. half gram or more, it's still usually in an aluminum foil fold, but then it's put inside of one of the mini ziplock bags.

The tar, whether you're buying one balloon or a hundred, it still comes in balloons.

Yeah I forgot to mention that as well. What do you mean by caps? You have stamp wax bs in VA?

Capsules. On the other side it's glassine bags, I guess most call em stamp bags, even tho most are unstamped with any markings and are almost always blue in color, sometimes white. A lot of the time the bags arent even taped, unheard of a decade ago.

. A lot of the time the bags arent even taped, unheard of a decade ago.

I know right? Everything I used to get back then was taped and stamped.. nower days, people are just slinging open bags with no markings what so ever... hah. I don't like it.

But to the OP, as far as the divide goes where powder ends and tar begins... there is no real line you can draw down the center of the map. All I know is this, good luck finding tar in the northeast, and good luck finding powder in the southwest. In the middle... it's kind of a crap shoot. You can find tar and powder in a lot of places. I live in NY and have done tar on many occasions, but I had to do it when I was in LA or a buddy brought some back with him to the city.

It's all powder in chicago too... aren't there threads on this in NASADD already?

^ I'm gonna send this over to NASADD, maybe this thread can be merged with an older one.

Yeah tar basically has the whole country besides the northeast? ...someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I guess I will be correcting you since you are wrong. :)

Generally speaking, east of the Mississippi river (as well as the states that the river runs through) is powder heroin, and the states west of the 'Mississippi river states' have tar. The most notable exception to the rule is Ohio, which (as someone else stated) has both powder and tar depending on the area. Other places that I am unsure of are Wisconsin and Minnesota, which may have tar despite being east of the Mississippi (well the river runs through Minnesota which most of the state is west of).

Powder is definitely not only found in the northeast. Powder goes all the way down the east coast to Florida, and is found west of that in places like Tennesse, and Michigan, and as far west as places like Louisiana, Chicago, Arkansas, and Kansas City. Tar is found in Texas, the states that you follow north from Texas, and everything west of them.

Tommy I agree with what you said. But the few cities east of the Mississippi that I know have a huge tar scene are Nashville and Charlotte. I live in Atl and years ago i knew a guy that had tar but he got locked up. He would sell it in ran wrap not balloons and it was flame dope. Other than him have never seen or heard of it since. The open air we have is all east coast powder.

^ I think I heard people from NC saying they have seen both. So both NC and Tennesse would be other states with both powder and tar, since I'm pretty sure Memphis gets powder, and it appears that Nashville gets tar. Intersting stuff. By the way I know a few people that got tar here in NY from one batch, and have read about 1 tar bust by me. They both occurred a few years ago, so I'm sure it was just some minor operation that was bringing it to NY, and got dismantled.

I remember there where was a small supply of good tar floating around the East Village and LES about 7 or 8 years ago. Must have been somebody who made a trip out west and came back with a nice size souvenir. They were being slung in wrapped up tin foil. It was actually pretty good too. Not since then have I come across any tar in NY, unless like I said.. A friend or myself brings it back from LA. For the most part though, there's no reason to because I've only had one or two batches of tar that were on par or better with east coast powder. Most of it is shit.

I know South Carolina has both Powder & Tar......

& Jersey/Ny/Pa as Powder Only.....

I think it all depends on which cartel runs the area..and normally its where the people from Mexico come from..Mexicans just don't pick a random city and move, they go to places that have other people from their part of Mexico and that cartel from thatarea runs the spot here in America..

I think I was told Ohio has ot of Mexicans from jalisco so that's who brings the tar..I wouldn't be suprised of the other places east of the Mississippi that have tar has a large population from jalisco or the surrounding area..

I could be wrong but that is my educated guess on the situation

I've only seen H once in the Nashville area. I've never done it, don't really intend on it so I don't chill in those circles. Its a long story but it was tar in balloons.

around here its tar wrapped up in shredded grocery bags. wish we had stamped bags... id love to try powder.