• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Any anti-depresents that won't destroy roll?

Sprinklervibes said:
A general rule that even the least bright people I know, understand is that using drugs to relieve depression will only lead to increased problems because your body adapts, gets used, and dependant on its' effects to drag you trough life - so while it might help at first glance, it's just pushing you deeper into the shit..

If your refferring to anti-depressants here then I think your a bit off the money; anti-depressants are really just subsances that exert control over fluctuations in brain chemicls, like seratonin- they do not, of themselves, create happiness, but allow for what is theoritcally thought to be a positive effect, that being the increase and stability of seratonin levels in the brain. They reallyu don't push you deeper into the shit- but then they should always be used in conjunction with therapy which cn help relieve the mental, thought based side of depression/anxiety, with the 'drugs' helping to act as a catalyst for this cognitive approach.

Sprinklervibes said:
A general rule that even the least bright people I know, understand is that using drugs to relieve depression will only lead to increased problems because your body adapts, gets used, and dependant on its' effects to drag you trough life - so while it might help at first glance, it's just pushing you deeper into the shit..

You do not become dependent on antidepressants, not do you generally become tolerant to their effects. The antidepressant effect does not manifest instantly, but builds over a period of several months.

It's not like valium or amphetamine etc... it's not a receptor agonist. The increase in serotonin levels causes an increase in BDNF, which seems to be responsible for the antidepressant action.

Sorry dude, what you're saying is just plain wrong...

--VelocideX
(woops, forgot to log out of girlfriends account)

Last edited:
I do not believe everything that I hear but Dr. Drew Pinsky of loveline says that there can be some treacherous withdrawls from paxil, and people have posted whining about w/d's from zoloft...

You do not become dependent on antidepressants, not do you generally become tolerant to their effects. The antidepressant effect does not manifest instantly, but builds over a period of several months.

I had been on effexor XR (SSNRI) for aprox 1 year and SSRI type of drugs are addictive like hell. I tapered off for 6 weeks from 300 mg /day to 20 mg day (that wasn't a nice experience). After the last dose I had hallucinations, intense fear, "electric shocks" all over my body, immobility, nightmares, etc. for 4 days in a row... So don't spread information that's not founded on facts...

ACK I've been having electric shocks.. for about 15 minutes most nights when I go to bed!! I know what you're talking about its scary as FUCK!!
Were yours sometimes accompanied with an all too real auditory hallucination like "neeeeow!" or "zaaaap" "zzzzzzztttttt" ffuuuuuck I think it's because I'm still coming off of opiates

different story

Lets keep it on topic.
-Most antidepressants block roles (except for the ones I mentioned)
-Both antidepressants and therapy can be good treatment for depression. The best treatment is almost certainly both at once.
-Antidepressants have withdrawal symptomes.

i had bad withdrawal from paxil then i realized i needed to be on it some more because my anxiety came back. i think if most people decided to come off paxil they should slowly stop taking it. example take 5-10 mg less a week until you reach zero. when i stopped, i completly stopped and that was a very bad idea. ive rolled when i was taking it but it didnt hit me as it usually would so i had to take double and that wasnt even as strong as it should be. the one thing paxil has done for me is beside helping me with anxiety is help me stop taking e because it was pointless to take it if i wasnt gonna get the high i should get. i miss the etarded nights but life goes on peace;)

OK so does anyone have any good experiences with anti-depressiva on long term?? Did it make the quality of your life better? Of all the people I know that got put on anti-depressiva, none of them didn't get more fucked up mentally..

The pharma industry has the same ethic values as the weapons industry..

Yes, I know a large number of people who have had positive experiences with antidepressants.

Antidepressant drugs work. The work in depression and they work in anxiety (not panic). They just don't work every time.

The pharma industry has the same ethic values as the weapons industry..
That is just silly.

could an antidepressant 'intensify' the roll? im speaking more specifically of zoloft because i rolled once and it was fuckin intense. i rolled again when i was not taking any medication and the effects werent anything near the first time. maybe it was shitty E the second time. who knows. but 'could' an antidepressant do that?

BilZ0r said:
Yes, I know a large number of people who have had positive experiences with antidepressants.

Antidepressant drugs work. The work in depression and they work in anxiety (not panic). They just don't work every time.

I've been on and off Aropax (Paxil) for about 14 months, for general anxiety, and from my experience they do work, in that they relieve (not cure) extremes of emotion, such as edginess, worrying, sadness. I have found they have stopped me from having fully-fledged panic attacks, so I disagree with your statement, but I guess I can't determine exactly whether the anti-d's helped this or simply my better frame of mind.
I don't think many anti-depressants could intensify the roll GuineaPig; however, if the pill you took contained PMA, wich is both seratonogeric (no idea how to spell that) and a MAOI, then the effects, which could theoretically be lethal, would be very very strong at least. Also if the pill you took contained DXM, that could explain the effects; most people who are on SSRI meds will know not to ingest DXM, because of the possibility of seratonin syndrome. I personally take no pills at all, there are safer and funner ways to spend your time. :)

i have been on the anti depressant wellbutrin for about 9 months now and it doesnt effect my roll at all. i still roll very hard and good! in fact, i dont ever have e hangovers since iver been on them.