Mental Health Anxiety as side-effect to Antidepressants?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
I don’t know if the cause to my anxiety is from the antidepressants that I’m going through one type at a time. I’m coping by using alcohol; just beer. Is that worse than getting started with benzos?

Anxiety can be an initial side effect, or one of greater length. Best to tell your doctor about the nature of what you're feeling. Drinking to cope isn't usually healthy...

SSRIS give me anxiety. I get so anxious I'll start shaking in public. Wellbutrin XL sends me into an almost immediate panic attack but when I need them Wellbutrin SR is good.
Instead of antis, I take a mood stabilizer off label and don't have any issues.

Point being....guinie pig status sucks but finding what you need without side effects makes a huge difference.

Don't settle, really.
If it's causing you to drink and such... it's probably a good idea to be honest with Dr and revisit this.
Best Wishes!

I don’t know if the cause to my anxiety is from the antidepressants that I’m going through one type at a time. I’m coping by using alcohol; just beer. Is that worse than getting started with benzos?

When I started antidepressants years ago the doctor gave me benzos for the first few weeks. I had to stop because of the anxiety
They say it's gets better but i couldn't wait