• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anxiety and OCD caused/exacerbated through MDMA use

Markus123

Greenlighter
Back last year, about September, I started using MDMA maybe 3/4 times a week up until around end of November/beginning of December. I was completely fine up until this point. However around mid January me and a few friends did some MDMA mixed with MXC and Cocaine. After this we all felt weird and paranoid, myself mostly. I was sat on the couch for 3 hours unable to move thinking everybody was watching me. I was a bit better the day after but suffered extreme jitteriness upon going to bed and what I csn only assume was a massive panic attack -shaking uncontrollably and racing thoughts. It took me 6 hours to fully calm down and go to bed. I didn't feel 100% until a few weeks later but still decided to do MDMA probably every 2 weeks. At the start of March however, I took MDMA and a pill and the next day it sent me over the top. Intense anxiety which is still here although dissipating slowly, managing to go to uni (I'm 19 if that makes any difference) and hold down a job. However, the real killer now is my OCD. I had a few little rituals before the MDMA use but I never really paid any attention, now though I have all these intrusive thoughts, a symptom of OCD, that worsen with stress and they really bring me down. I've recently started exercising again and eating semi-healthily which helps. I have read about people experiencing anxiety for months after, sometimes years, so I was committed to sticking it out and hopefully it sorts itself out when my brain heals. But the OCD I don't think I can tolerate and stick it out. I went to the doctors and they prescribed me Sertraline which is meant to be really beneficial for OCD and placed me on a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy waiting list. What I'm asking is should I take the Sertraline to alleviate these OCD symptoms and use it as a crutch whilst I keep exercising and eating right and hope my brain sorts itself out? Or would the Sertraline be counter-productive in getting better? I realise how stupid I was to abuse any sort of drug now and would do anything to recover to my old self.

Thanks for taking the time to read this btw, any help would be appreciated :)

Brother wherever you do stay away from mdma take this advice , you lucky if you don't have more symptoms so appreciate that ..so now continue with your life dont use this for months and you get back to normal make sure to take b vitamins but don't use that mdma no more and continue with your life and you be good...