• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anxiety after a week off of pills

Jshane85

Greenlighter
Hey everyone I am new to this so not sure where I should post this but I do need answers lol So long story short I have been using Hyrdos about 20 to 30mg a day or up to 200mg tramadol a day for the past 6 years and recently quit due to putting this nasty stuff before my family. Being on these pills made me a different person especially in the end.

anywho I guess I want to know how long anxiety and just plain feeling mentally like crap will end? I did not have any physical withdrawals I believe due to the low doses I was taking. I do have a stressful job and of course the normal behind on bills because of my old addiction. Any help, tips or anything will be appreciated as I need to break free and be who I used to be before all this. Oh yeah and I will be a week free this Friday

You're still pretty fresh, give it some time. Meanwhile try to eat well rest well and get some exercise because that will definitely help.

You’re doing great!! You’ve done the hard bit! It will take a little time for your body to sort it’s self out, but it will and you’ll be back to normal before you know it.

From 2 to 6 months to feel 99% normal. I dont say 100% because u never fully recover from opiate dependence, i dont wanna scare ya k
or any thing but its the reality.

With those low doses i would say 3-4 weeks to feel 99% normal but after taking into account that you have been using them for 6 years i would say 6-7 weeks. Based on 15 years of experience... Healthy eating and excerice multipel times a week will speed up the process.

oh for 6 years? yeah what @nznity said. Really. Sorry.

I missed that part on a first scan.

If you were only using like a month, it'd be like 2-3 weeks. I think.

Honestly you STILL could feel better in like 2-3 months max, or less, EVERYONE is different and some people have bizarre opioid wd stories that sometimes defy explanation.

With those low doses i would say 3-4 weeks to feel 99% normal but after taking into account that you have been using them for 6 years i would say 6-7 weeks. Based on 15 years of experience... Healthy eating and excerice multipel times a week will speed up the process.
I'd say you're on the optimistic/rare answer side but again: THIS DOES HAPPEN, so don't get down OP if you read 6-7 months and get down; it might be 2. :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for some answers. I will never get down or anything. If it’s six months it’s six months shoot I am the one that decided to chase the pills.
Yesterday was bad with a lot of anxiety but today nada I feel pretty damn good almost slept so long I was late for work lol but I haven’t gotten that good of sleep even when I was poppin them lol

honestly it's a lot worse if you go high dose or high potency/etc opiates, heroin/fentanyl, way harder to quit. You might actually have a mild/moderate withdrawal despite the duration you were on it. Stay hopeful, you can get through this! :)

Hey everyone I am new to this so not sure where I should post this but I do need answers lol So long story short I have been using Hyrdos about 20 to 30mg a day or up to 200mg tramadol a day for the past 6 years and recently quit due to putting this nasty stuff before my family. Being on these pills made me a different person especially in the end.

anywho I guess I want to know how long anxiety and just plain feeling mentally like crap will end? I did not have any physical withdrawals I believe due to the low doses I was taking. I do have a stressful job and of course the normal behind on bills because of my old addiction. Any help, tips or anything will be appreciated as I need to break free and be who I used to

Congrats... You have to exercise! Have to. 1st time I got clean I kept asking the same thing as you...Finally after a couple months I realized I have to try to get “normal”... I started to workout with light weights and sweat any way I could. If you can handle jogging do that. If you can’t jog then walk and push yourself so your heart beats and you sweat. You will get where you want to be. Keep on keeping on! Good Luck.

Keep on going you are doing great!!!!!!!! SOOOOO Agree with NowWhat, and others Exercise life saver. It will really really really help. It detoxifies you naturally and gets your endorphins way up....even just 30 minutes of your heart rate up will help- for sure even as said, a long walk does magic (I have dog, this helps!) The tough part is getting yourself out there- to the gym, for a walk, to the pool, or to the running track, or yoga studio..Its important to pick something you actually enjoy (like if you hate running you are never gonna be able to make self do it). I find if I make a commitment with a friend that it will help to get the ball rolling, and after a few times, I end up able to continue on my own as well. Having a workout partner great motivator. But if you have pain issues, make sure you do something that won't exacerbate it- i.e. talk with doc if you need to , and if you can afford, perhaps get a trainer, or coach in the area you'd like to pursue (assuming you want to !). I am trying to get off opiates, and have many issues with the body- so for me, walking, swimming and biking is all I can do, and I can't go hard core like I used to when my body worked properly! Good luck, don't give up. You have to just go through it, to be at the end of it....I find the emotional cravings almost harder to bear than physical- and exercise does help with both. I think that it might take you a couple weeks, maybe a month even, but like it has been said, each person is different. Just keep it up, keep talking, try not to be alone with this and don't be afraid to ask for help!!! oh, and of course, congrats on the week clean!

Last edited: