• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Another hydroponic inquiry

tree dub

Bluelighter
i've heard from a few friends that you can tell if a bud's been grown hydroponically by breaking the stem, revealing a hollow center...any validity to this?

First of all...i dont know if that has any truth to it...but i would think the stem would be no different from a stem grown organically....but anyways......your *real* test should be this...take 1 bud, take your scissors, cut off a bowl pack, pack it up, light it up, enhale,exhale....=)....hows that taste....5 minutes later...how high did that bowlpack get ya and is it your beutiful THC high and not your swcwag iunno what you smoked high...

I can add also that when you hit hydro , it gets a hold of your lungs better then KB. SOme KB is smooth to smoke but hydro always makes me cough ever time i hit it. The high is like no other , usually fluffier too from my experience.

=). ^
| , a not so dumb pot-head...=). and he is smoking *real* bud, that *really* get's you high and not just *dumb*. and *sleepy*.

Sorry now that i read over my statement i have got to add something, To all you anti potheads....look at the corralation, people who smoke scwag tend to be *dumb*,*sleepy*,*out of it*,*dumb*,..and people who smoke danks tend to be much smarter partly due to the fact that they actually had the smarts not to waste money on scwag...so kids learn the lesson pay that money....get *really* high. and on dank you can *still* function, unbeleivable..

damn, ive gotta add one more lil bit....
Dank Bus, is *NOT!* a strain it is exactly what i said it's *dank*, as in moist =)...learn your vocab..

well wouldn't the "high" depend on if it's sativa or indica still, even if it's hydro??
//bTs

Heres alerts drunken advice....
Don't buy "hydro" unless you get to see the set-up, and can varify it is hydroponic. Just make friends with the growers, that way you can always see what you are going to be buying. Some dealers will even let you choose which buds you want....Anyway, another thing I would like to clarify is hydro is NOT always good bud, it is just bud grown without soil.
Dirtbud seeds + Hydroponic setup = Dirtbud...

Alert, im not too sure if your last statement is completly correct i mean, dirt bud seeds + hyroponic system = hydroponically grown dirt bud....and it would be sooooooo much nicer than the actual bud you plucked the seeds from (i have done this, the buds come out much fluffier i do not know if the THC content is greater or less, but it doesnt matter you get high and it tastes better =). im sure you will somehow prove me wrong though, but i am just talking from personal expeirience

yes. dirt bud + hydro grow = hydro grown dirt bud.
hydro grown dirt bud = dirt bud nonetheless.
Anyways, I have a question for people who've ssmoked marijuana for a long time. And people who either grow their own or are directly in touch with their grower, so acctually know what they're getting.
Anyways, if you've had the same strain grown hydroponically and organically, which do you prefer the taste of?
I was just curious, because BlazinTos, you said it tasted better. I just think that's pecuiliar as hydroponically grown marijuana tends to have a very chemical, medicinal flavor as opposed to marijuana grown in good rich soil.
------------------
"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which out government was founded."
--Abraham Lincoln -- December, 1840
  • AIM = CaucasianHomeboy
-Fuck PLUR, get high-
[This message has been edited by CaucasianHomeboy (edited 20 May 2001).]

strength depends on the strain not how its grown. a clone planted outdoors will be just as potent as the same clone grown indoors. but organic generally tastes better especially when a lot of hydro growers dont fluch there plants properly.

i think clean grown hydro tastes better then any KB I had. I DO understand that it greatly depends on the strain , but hydro plants DO have more energy for budding then in the soil. They process of taking nutrients from the soil takes energy from the plants that could be used to budding.
Why doesn't that make sense to some of you?

It doesn't make sense because it sounds like you are pulling it out of your ass. You are far from a reputable source, yet come on here and spout shit like that, all the while expecting that will we take it as scientific gospel? That is ridiculous. What scientific source are you getting your research from.
That'd be like me saying "Oh yeah I hang my plants upside down so all the thc floats to the top and the dankest buds are there. Plus, I like to take my plants to the gym with me so they watch me work out, I think it inspires them to grow more and produce more THC" This doesn't sound like scientific fact, it sounds like something a fucking eight year old writes in his journal. If you expect people to take you seriously at least have some source to back you up. Just because things look sound "neat" doesn't mean they are true.