• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

anhedonia from meth withdrawl, what medications are available.

Great advice there. Personally I found a lot of things useful. First certain antidepressants can help with that (pm me and I'll give you the list) also it has a lot to do with your glutamate levels being out of whack - find some good fish oil with high EPA DHA
exercise,exercise and more exercise. I used speed/meth for 18 years and am clean over 2 years now and I still struggle with anhedonia, lethargy and lack of energy. Good luck mate - there's one rule.....if its not an act of self-love then its not worth doing!

there's one rule.....if its not an act of self-love then its not worth doing!

I too am an advocate for the "new drug" masturbation, I hear the come-up is comparable to the peak of a good ecstacy tab. Don't overdo it though as there is a potential for addiction and I also hear that withdrawals can cause severe cravings, even such horrible things as nocturnal emissions.

i just wanted to chime in that in my experience, xanax has been able to provide some respite from the unrelenting anhedonia that high dose amphetamines have given me. Use with caution I suppose.

i just wanted to chime in that in my experience, xanax has been able to provide some respite from the unrelenting anhedonia that high dose amphetamines have given me. Use with caution I suppose.

This is pretty bad advice.
Finding the wonders of Xanax (And other benzo's) will probably just increase stimulant abuse.

Well I know every time I acquired some benzos for stopping Meth use, they just ended up fitting nicely at the end of binges and allowed me to continue instead :!

Old thread, I wonder how OP is doing?

i know this is an old thread. but wondering what brand of l-tyrosine people use to help while recovering from meth addiction????

Any is ok really. Most of them are fine unless you buy bunk/fake stuff which wouldnt exist if you're in a Western country (most likely)

I find modafinil really useful for recovery from both short- and long-term symptoms of meth overuse, including fatigue and anhedonia. It's worked as a mild form of substitution for me and helped me reduce my use considerably.

I'm prescribed it legitimately for a fatigue condition, though, so it may be more a case of modafinil treating the thing I was self-medicating for with meth than it actually being good for withdrawal/recovery.

Honestly, though, the best thing you can do for recovery is encourage your brain to heal naturally. It can be really helpful to deliberately engage in activities that you're used to feeling really rewarded by (like exercise, sex, games, etc) even if you find it hard to look forward to doing them.

There is a new drug in human trial for addiction (though its been used for decades already for other conditions). Its called Ibudilast and its been shown to reduce the withdrawals and tolerance that meth and opiates users experience.

If you have a private addiction doctor or have a private rehab apparently you can get it prescribed. Publicly we're about 2-5 years away from seeing it in our clinics as such.