...and closure came in a dream...

SpeedLimit55

Bluelighter
If you're reading this, please humor me and finish it. Chances are, if you're reading this, you played a part in getting me to this point.
Most of you know about my Ex and I...
Saturday, August 12th, 1998:
We stood on a small bridge overlooking a crystal clear waterfall. Children could be heard laughing and screaming in the background.
We had been seeing each other for several months. I had fallen in love a few weeks prior, but was far too scared to admit it.
Her hand in mine, we walked in the direction of the setting sun. This day was so surreal...so wonderful that it coudln't be true. I imagined what the viewer was thinking...the viewer of this painting...this painting I was standing in...so harmonious, so perfect in every way, I turned behind me, half expecting to see a couple, staring into the painting of our lives.
Staring across the quiet brook, I turned her way to ask a question...I was interrupted:
"I Love You".
Silence. Chills. The crescendo of my heartbeat screaming in my head. Surely I mis-understood her.
Finally...closure...standing in this Garden of Eden, closure came to me with a kiss.
We didn't talk much that day. There wasn't much to be said. We just...lived. We just...loved. For the first time ever I had heard those fabled words, and I was alive.
Over the next 2 years it was the American Dream. Sure we had our fights, our problems, but even Adam and Eve contended with the devil...
...and like Adam and Eve we lost.
Hurling through an endless downward spiral our fairy tell love came to a screaching hault.
...And closure came in a nightmare...
Skipping all the lonely nights, the solitary fits of screaming rage...the nights and the days blending in an endless cycle of torment...we come to February, 2001.
I'll not bore you with the details, as I won't give this incident that much respect.
In short: She gave up. She couldn't deal with her assigned demons. She couldn't deal with the fact that pain is real, tears are not just for joy, and sometimes things just hurt.
With one short phonecall I was sent back to the depths of hell. She had taken her life. She quit. She gave up. She sent a giant "FUCK YOU" to all of us.
...and closure came from hell...
When I first 'lost' her, I had pain. When I 'lost' her the second time, there was no pain. Pain was a step up from the place I was. Hopelessness *WAS* my silver lining. I YEARNED for the day when I could just be 'sad'.
For many, many months since then I've been haunted by her voice, her face, her touch.
If you've read this far, then this applies to you:
You carried me. You pushed me, you pulled me and you shoved me. You showed me that following in her steps was not an option. You proved to me that I am worth it...but most of all...you *showed* me that *we* are worth it.
You befriended a stranger.
You carried the burden of a lost soul.
Last night, like so many other nights, I went to bed thinking of her. Trying to convince myself that she is real.
Last night was different.
As I drifted off into the peace of solitude, I was greeted...it was her.
She drifted toward me on a cloud of relief.
We shook hands, we hugged, we said hello into each others ear. I pulled back, with tears in my eyes...
"Why", I started to say.
She took me by the hand and showed me a painting. The painting was entitled "August 12, 1998".
We sat on that bridge again, holding hands, laughing, looking at the children, remembering.
She explained to me so many things...answered so many questions I was too afraid to ask.
Then she said goodbye. I finally got to say goodbye. We hugged, expressed our love without words, touched each others heart, and parted ways.
...and closure came in a dream...
- - - - - - - -
The languate I speak doesn't allow me to express the depth of gratitude I feel to you, my family.
You know my deepest, darkest secrets, yet you love me.
You've carried me through storms when neither of us could see.
Through all the pain and tears, through all the joy and laughter, you've taken me in. You've loved me like no one else ever could.
I *love* you. You have saved me.
I *love* you.

My god, sweetie, that was beautiful. You've got me in tears... I *wish* I could come up with words for what I want to say, but I can't, other than to say: We love you too
smile.gif

I don't even know what to say. I don't know you or your situation all I know is what I have read. I am sorry to hear what you have been through. This is beautiful, it brought me to tears. Dreams have a funny way, of letting us make peace with what we have lost and with ourselves.

Brought tears to my eyes
you're beautiful and YOU want to give that to yourself. It was stuck in the back of your subconscious mind you dealt with it.
yay to you.
Many more releases to you and we

In short: She gave up. She couldn't deal with her assigned demons. She couldn't deal with the fact that pain is real, tears are not just for joy, and sometimes things just hurt.
Very true...I've always respected you for sharing this with us spedly.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Much respect,
Crow

That was beautiful...you make me SO proud.
smile.gif

------------------
If it's orange and fuzzy, it's FoXy....
"Ed Meese should be ass-fucked by an acid-crazed elk."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
The Ultimate Truth about the Universe? (as it can best be communicated in written English) It IS.

You befriended a stranger.
What stranger? I know you. And you are beautiful to me.
smile.gif

If I had known I was going to want to cry, I wouldn't have read this at work. So wonderful Spedly, so perfectly you.
smile.gif

Two hours (more?) we sat on a couch and talked for the first time... you were the one who wouldn't let me go after that, remember? So that would make me lucky. Thank YOU for sticking by me.
smile.gif

spedly you are a reminder to me that not every guy in this world is an asshole. this made me ball my eyes out... i havent cried this hard in months (and i've cried a lot). you touched a part pf my heart that hasnt been touched in a very long time. thank you.
------------------
E-girl
IM: tiggersgurl2067
*Choice, not chance, determines destiny*
"November is all I know."

Oh yes there certainly is amber, and where ever it finds its orgins its results are always the same.
Speed-o . . . that was fantastic! May your closure be complete and bring you comfort! I wish you the best.
Jeff~
smile.gif

i love you hunny, and that's because you gave me reason to...
never stop bein you, cause bein you is a great thing.
aj the femme
------------------
the extra M is for MmmMmmmm
Be Good!!!

that was touching.
I to lost a person i held so dear.She was my everything. And i to saw her in a dream.
That really helped me out today.
Thank you.
`jEn

is there even such a thing as closure?
Interesting point you bring up.
The French word 'cloture', best translated means:
"a set that contains a given set together with all the limit points of the given set being complete or fulfilled"
When I first lost her, there was no clousre. I wouldn't allow it. I couldn't accept that her and I would never be together again. I couldn't accept that she could possibly be happy without me, and vice versa.
Then when I lost her to death, I truly beleived that this vicious 'cycle' would never end.
Some very close people (and one in particular, you know who you are) really helped me to realize so many important things about my life...they truly unplugged me.
This writing is not a story, but a thank you. A thank you for allowing this seemingly endless cycle of pain to dissapear....to allow me to close the wounds that had been caused...Sure I will always have the scars...but what hurts worse?
A fresh cut...or a warn scar?
[This message has been edited by SpeedLimit55 (edited 10 September 2001).]

this is at least the 20th time i've read this, if not more.
this is by far my favorite piece of work that i've EVER read in here... and i have a lot of favorites.
------------------
E-girl
IM: tiggersgurl2067
*Choice, not chance, determines destiny*
"November is all I know."

well, i'm pretty new to bluelight and i don't know you yet, but that was one of the most beautiful stories i've ever read. i'm amazed by the strength you emit through this work and i'm glad you've found your closure.
thanks for sharing your story with us
~lil
------------------
"you will get this chance but once, don't let simple shit get you down"
therapy is expensive, poppin bubble wrap is cheap. you decide.
sn~ sparkleylily

Honestly in tears, Spedly... you are one amazing person and it makes me smile to know that we are on similar and glorious paths..you have a friend in me, remember that...I LOVE YOU!!!
biggrin.gif