An interesting point brought up by Satan...

Pillcat

Bluelighter
Thanks Satan, for mentioning this idea during one of your rants at Ashke. It gave me a great idea for a post. Made my day, actually. You really helped me. What's that? You're here only to spread evil, venom and discontent? Oh, sorry to rain on your parade. Or on your seething hellfire, or whatever...
Anyway, Satan, the ickle-wickle paddlepop that he is, suggested that none of us respect our parents, judging by the amount of drugs we take each weekend. I would like to say that I have the GREATEST relationship with my parents. At the moment I'm waiting for my mum to get home from work so I can help her get ready for a date that she's excited about. And my Dad and I stay up together at least one night a week just talking about stuff.
And, this is probably self-evident, I take lots of drugs. And my parents know, accept and understand it. They don't exactly do cartwheels, you understand, they're not exactly on the phone to my grandparents telling them I've just scored a new batch of Euros, but they certainly do not try and change me, or disapprove. They ask questions every so often to make sure nothing's getting out of hand, but that's it.
As a result, we are open and honest, and if anything ever did go wrong I could (and have) instantly go to them for help. My friends are welcome in their houses and we all co-exist like ordinary, co-respectful friends.
What about you lot? How's your relationship with the folks back in Hades, devilboy?
Cat

Pillcat, you are very fortunate to have such a great relationship with your parents. I wish mine could be that way. It may be someday with a lot of work.
I'm 25yrs old, been on my own for about 7yrs. My parents drink, but have never taken any drugs or smoked pot. While growing up I watched my them have arguments with my older brother (who had a mild drug problem). Seeing this made me realize that DRUGS are not something they would understand, so I never discussed it voluntarily. Not being able talk about my experiences, I found it harder to talk to them at all about anything of importance to me. When they would ask how I was I would lie. Sooner or later it catches up with you.
My parents know I take drugs. They don't know the extent of my experience, but they have an idea. Drugs are like my sex life. Its none of my parents business. If I could share it with them I'm not sure if I would or if they would even want to listen.
The only thing my parents are really interested in is:
1) My happiness
2) My staying out of trouble
3) My Safety
They love me no matter what!
smile.gif
I want to make them proud. I know they would be disappointed if I brought the subject up, so I just skip around it. They're becoming a lot more openminded, maybe I'll be able to talk to them soon. Who knows? We'll see......
------------------
"Look at the world with open eyes and you will see the world. Look at the world through my eyes and you can only imagine."
X-RaverQueen
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by X-RaverQueen (edited 21 January 2000).]

wow
that's impressive...and honestly i'm kind of jealous of the relationships you have with your folks...
i grew up severely physically and emotionally abused...and have despised my mother for what she did to me...and i still do to this day
we went out drinking a while ago.... and i told her about the drugs i've done and still do...and she got all upset and wouldn't speak to me... and she's sort of disowned me since then
my father skipped out when i was about 3... both of my parents are alcoholics/drug abusers... and i believe my mother used drugs while she carried me
their parents were alcoholics and abused their children... and i'm sure theirs before them as well...
so i guess what i'm trying to say is...cherish the relationships you guys have... with whomever they may be...
smile.gif

plur and much love
------------------
soulfly
"I am more than a mathematical equation...i am more than a chemical combination... my existence cannot be reduced to a scientific theory!"

My parents know exactly what drugs I do, where I typically do them, how often, ect. They still love me, respect me, and currently are letting me live at their place rent-free. It's very cool.
smile.gif

However, there is also an unspoken agreement, I think, that I don't really openly discuss/flaunt/ect my indulgences. Like, I don't roll joints at the dinner table. I don't show them the cute press on the pills I just picked up. They understand that I'm capable of making my own decisions, however it's an area that doesn't make them particularly comfortable, and I just get the definite feeling they'd much rather hear up front what I'm up to, know I'm being safe, and then just go on a 'don't ask don't tell' policy.
Which is fine by me.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

I have found that since starting on E my relationship with my parents has improved.
About 3 months ago I was heavily into pot - From the moment I got to work, until I went to bed, I was smoking. I would go thru 1/8 to 1/4 every day. I found I was always stressed, and could never really be bothered with anything. My parents and I would often argue, and although I never told them what I was up to, I am sure they knew.
Since I started doing pills everything has changed. For a start, my pot consumption has dropped drastically. I buy an 1/8 for the weekend, and don't touch it during the week.
It seems to me that since then, my outlook on life has vastly improved. Before doing pills, my attitude generally was - "Well, my life isn't brilliant, but it's OK so why should I bother doing anything about it?"
These days, i think - "Yeah, life's not bad, but why settle for what I've got, I can always try a little bit harder to acheive a little bit more."
Life with the folks has improved vastly as a result...
------------------
Don't judge me