• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amphetamine duration of action

Slow_Mobius

Bluelight Crew
Quick question for people that are more experienced with amps. Ive only dabbled, and I don't really find amps enjoyable. I only use them to get stuff done.

My question is how long these normally last for people. I can take less than 5mg of dextroamphetamine, and my brain will feel like it's flying for around 12 hrs or so, and I'll still have a speedy feeling for almost 24 hrs. After that I crash.

Is this a normal experience for infrequent users? Most of what I find online say that duration of action should be much shorter (4-6 hrs). I'm guessing that's the duration of action in terms of therapeutic effect, but do people normally feel amped well beyond that point?

Thanks

wow! I once took 15mg and it lasted about 4 hours. Every1 react differently, but with your dose I am guessing you don't use it everyday for ADHD because 5mg is low. So let's just say that amphetamine's effect are highly dependant on tolerance, when you have close to 0 tolerance the effect can last longer and be stronger, when I started medication I took 5mg Adderall and it was more effective and lasted 3x longer than 20mg Dexedrine before I stopped it. 5mg at 8am made me unable to sleep more than 3 hours that day ! It was like that for at least a week.
That may be why you experiance a more pronounced and durable effect.

I'm not a regular user, and I only use it when I really need to get stuff done. I wasn't sure if the 4-6 hr duration of action was meant for tolerant or naive individuals. I'm guessing that's the duration of subjective therapeutic effect in regular users.

Thanks for the input

I am prescribed adderall for legit reasons although I abuse it from time to time so I'm very familiar with the effects of amphetamine therapeutically and recreationally.

Anyhow, the first few times I took adderall I could stay up all night. But after tolerance builds like clockwork you'll always crash around 4 hours for the instant releases pills. Sometimes it may mast last a little longer but still it's not like it's that noticeably longer. I've never taken the XR version but then again I think they're dumb. Adderall is 75% dextro so it's very similar to the drug you took.

As far as tolerance goes, no matter how long you wait in between amphetamine uses, your body still will remember and that long lasting speed euphoria/energy will wear off.

When i take 30 mg xr then 25 mg at +4 hours i tend to feel

0-2 tired
2-4 alert
4-6 more alert
6-8 extremely alert
8-12 euphoric impaired focus
12-16 very alert
16-18 alert or asleep
19 relaxed or asleep focus still there however the alertness is gone

I take it everyday

I don't remember the exact duration of dextroamphetamine, but it's probably around 4-6 hours for IR and 8-12 for XR. Amphetamines linger in your system for much longer than their technical "duration" however, especially if you've been binging it the past couple days. Higher doses last longer too. You still experience some, but not all, of the effects after the initial 4-6/8-12 hours, which is why it doesn't technically count as part of the duration.

I get used to the effects well before they decrease it's like asking someone in Alaska if they feel cold. Just because they might say it's a light breeze won't mean youll feel like your gunna die of hypothermia if u go there

I don't remember the exact duration of dextroamphetamine, but it's probably around 4-6 hours for IR and 8-12 for XR. Amphetamines linger in your system for much longer than their technical "duration" however, especially if you've been binging it the past couple days. Higher doses last longer too. You still experience some, but not all, of the effects after the initial 4-6/8-12 hours, which is why it doesn't technically count as part of the duration. Basically all of the effects last for about 4-6 hours (IR) or 8-12 hours (XR), but many of the effects can last much longer.

^^ double post ��. Those numbers for Dexedrine/Dextroamphetamine are the ballpark. Whomever said lingering effects is correct also. My Dexedrine is actually labeled 24 hour dose. That's the SR version.

Mr Mobis, if 5mg does the trick, be happy. Follow all the threads regarding keeping tolerance low and use only therapeutically.

I, like most who use amphetamines,would do quite a bit to have a very low tolerance like yours.

Amphetamine basically for me lasts so long I burn myself out before it stops working. I just loose the euphoria due to depleted energy and its back again after some rest, food, exercise, and fluids.