• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Amphetamine and dihydrodesoxymorphine-mother of speed balls?

Like dead

Bluelighter
Hi, I was wondering if amphetamine could replace cocaine in a speed ball. This in combination with an ultra potent opioid should give a monster high no? Please post why it doesn't, from what I have hear meth doesn't make for a good speedball combo.
PS. I just IVed 10 units of water containing about 3 units of methamphetamine HCl (5-10 mg) and I must have missed some, although I don't know how. I drew blood, injected a little, felt a burn, repositioned and reregistered then finished it. I felt a rush, however 2 min after the IV a little bubble filled with water apeared. If I missed any it was no more than 5 units. I can not have an abscess, do you think I will get one? And can I just go to a doctor and get it lanced without insurance etc. I have a hot compress and elevate my arm.

Like dead, you could check out this thread regarding your IVing concerns - Injection; IV Complications and Information MEGATHREAD and FAQ II

I have heard of people combining meth/amphetamine with opioids as a 'speedball' (in fact some people will call any mix of an upper and a downer IV'd a speedball). It's not recommended though and you're going to increase the risk of harm by combining drugs.

Personally I hate the combo of methamphetamine and heroin, though I've never IV'd. They seem like such direct opposites that I can feel them pulling me two ways at once and it just feels uncomfortable. Also, I think cocaine is preferred in a speedball because it's so shortlasting - so you get the rush of coke then that subsides into a nice nod. Methamphetamine has a much longer duration of action so you're not going to get that effect.

Hopefully someone with more experience with IV'ing can help you with your query, if you're worried though, do get it checked out.

Desomorphine isn't that great to begin with is it?

When mixing drugs you want them to compliment each other. Cocaine and Heroin or morphine just tends to go together very well.

Amphetamines and an opiate just isn't the same. The speed will highjack most of the nice opiatey feelings. Most people prefer to take the speed, and when they're coming down to dose opiate.

Not sure about IV stuff but im sure someone will be along shortly to answer your concerns :)

i don't really have any useful answers to your questions like dead, but i was under the impression that the 'original' speedballs were a mix of amphetamine and heroin, so named by american soldiers fighting in the korean war.
i kinda like taking amphetamine and opiates, but i believe it can be a bit rough on your heart, so don't overdo it.

Yeah that is what I thought. Sounds far more enjoyable too.

Meth + Heroin = heroin wearing off while still buzzing

Coke + Heroin = warm, snuggly blanket to come down too.

i don't disagree that cocaine + heroin is understood by practically everyone to be a "speedball" and i'm not arguing with you except to say a speedball is whatever you want it to be. yes, it's usually C & H but it maybe started as something else.

i don't have time to find a better online source, but i've come across this countless times;
"During the Korean War, American servicemen stationed in Korea and Japan invented the “speedball,” an injectable mixture of amphetamine and heroin."
http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pdffiles/pub850.pdf