• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Aminorex analogs of psychedelic drugs

Lombergerh

Bluelighter
Is there any papers discussing aminorex analogs of psychedelic drugs such as DOB, DOI and other amphetamines?
I mean aminorex and 4-mar existing for about 30 years and i think it's impossible that nobody try something like i mention here, also synth is pretty straightforward and relatively easy to do.
May be not even papers just rumors or your own ideas about these substances.
I hope ADD majors will post somethin interesting=D

Well, substitutions on the aminorex skeleton work a lot differently than those on the phenethylamine backbone. There are also multiple ring-systems to contend with. And it's to some extent 'spurious' that phenethylamine based psychedelics exist--the resembled endogenous ligand (dopamine) has activity unrelated to the the key activity of the exogenous drug (this is not the case with tryptamines).

So who knows if this would be a fruitful line of pursuit...

ebola

I seem to recall there has been a nonzero amount of research on aminorex analogues, however the whole family of compounds pretty much fizzled out when it was discovered that they have a predisposition to cause heart-valve fuckarounds and pulmonary hypertension.

I seem to recall seeing 4'-fluoro-aminorex at least.

Yeah. If I recall correctly, 4-substitutions increase potency, with fluoro being more potent than methyl (no idea how it changes selectivity for the different monoamines). But this is on the fucking oxazole ring. I don't think that we yet have any idea about what can be done with the phenyl ring while retaining or transforming activity ("stick a methylene-dioxy on it, bra!" :p).

ebola

In reality, 4-fluro appeared to be less active, and less desirable than 4-methyl, Bandil(hive-member) synth it and introduce this fact, he also stated that 4-fluro in some ways resembles PMMA.
If i remember correctly 4-fluro and 4-nitro seems to be much more anorectic than 4-methyl or even plain aminorex/

P.S Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

You need to read better. The four position on aminorex analogues refers to a carbon on the oxazole ring, not the phenyl ring, which would be indicated with a " ' " - so "4'-fluoro, where he referring to the phenyl ring. he is not, and he stated so plainly.

I'm not sure who you're aiming that at.

The phenyl fluorinated analogue is the ones which has apparently been tried and it was pants according to a poster in this thread.

I don't think the 4-fluorinated oxazole has been made?

No, there is published literature demonstrating the 4-fluorinated oxazole analogue to be more potent than the 4-methyl. There is a bioassay by a 'busy bee' showing the 4-fl phenyl analogue to be less potent than 4mar.

ebola

There is a bioassay by a 'busy bee' showing the 4-fl phenyl analogue to be less potent than 4mar.

That's the one I read, thanks.

I also thought about different 4-Methylaminorex analogs. :D

I really don't get why all those RC vendors did not yet recognize their incredible market potential!
Probably even in those circles 4-MAR is unfortunately rather unknown or underestimated.

3',4'-Methylendioxyl-4-Methylaminorex or 4'-Fluoro-4-Methylaminorex could be great indeed! <3

What I also miss on the RC market is 4'-Fluoro-Phenmetrazine... :D

4-Mar isn't that rare here in Aus, nearly every meth dealer knows about it's existence and is fairly common for such a rare drug.