• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ambien works wonders on anxiety

Ambien may be nice, but it is short acting.!That makes it hard to use as an anti anxiety drug.

I have tried. Be careful .

Never tried ambien before...I understand why you'de use it for anxiety, esp if you find benzos too heavy and build a tolerance easily to them. I'd be careful though, it's always risky taking anything for a purpose other than what it's meant, granted I'm sure it's not worse than taking benzos everyday, but everyone's different. I've been prescribed up to 2mg of alprazolam for the last 6, almost 7 years and have never developed a tolerance or experienced w/ds....I try to stay away from daily use, but have taken it everyday for up to 3 months at a time, I always take a week break at least if I use them daily for that long to avoid w/ds...I've also gone well over 3 months w/o taking any...however a 0.5 still does the trick the same as it did on day 1....guess I just lucked out with benzo tolerance...just be careful, once you start taking things other than what they're meant for, your going down the self medicating path and that can bring you down a lonnng road...but at the same time I get it.

I know alot of ppl get rest from taking this medication but I notice that it's hypnotic effects spill over into my anxiety and inturn relieves me of my anxiety. I googled it and there are many cases of ppl benifiting from ambien for anxiety. So is it just me or does anybody else feel the same way?

Well, if you have unanswered questions like, where am I going when I die? Is it going to be dark? And then you answer those questions with Ambien, expect your anxiety to return with a vengeance when you withdraw. So use Ambien and while your using, answer the questions in your life that cause anxiety.