• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ethnobotanicals Amanita gummies as a sedative/hypnotic & for benzo taper (underrated!?)

Are Amanita visuals from GABA action like with Ambien? Hopefully A.I. can discover opiates and benzos that cause visuals. Kratom *sometimes* gives me mild 2C-D visuals.

ageingpartyfiend said:
I'm not sure many would call the 'death' from 800 and on one occasion 1000 freshly brewed Liberty Caps picked that day 'easy', heh. However, I'm open to Muscaria being more difficult potentially

I mean easy relative to Muscaria.

Psilocin plateaus after a while. The maximum effect from mushrooms is nowhere near the maximum effect from Muscaria.

But, yeah, people are soft. I know people who "can't stand" the taste of mushrooms / cacti... so they do all sorts of things to avoid the taste, like dulling their taste buds with toothpaste and what not.

If you can't handle the taste of something like Muscaria, that's a pretty good indication you're going to struggle with the effects.

This is one of the reasons I ritualistically consume my own urine. I don't flinch when I drink it. I don't gag. Puts me in a good headspace. Prepares me for what is to come, which is much harder to handle than the salty taste of pee.

Have witnessed creation of worlds out of voids on hogh dose lsd and mushrooms, oh yes indeed.

So have I and it is nothing in comparison to Muscaria.

For sure. The 'God' thing is probably a similar experience for us both, we just frame it differently and in different launguage

I don't think so. With Muscaria you actually die and return to God. People talk about Gods and aliens with DMT. That's largely nonsense, IMO. Projections of the psyche. Imagination. Interpretations of dream states.

Muscaria is different. It's hard to explain.

I understand why you're making comparative assumptions, but until you have the full breakthrough NDE experience from Muscaria you can't really say with any certainty. It's just an assumption. I would probably (almost certainly) have done the same thing if I'd had breakthrough psilocin experiences and not had breakthrough Muscaria experiences.

Last edited:
It is soma. I came to the same conclusion.

It sounds similar to other drug experiences, but it isn't.

Yup, it's nice to talk to someone who gets it. I feel like so many people do not understand it this mushroom. Have you not encountered that? One thing that I don't understand is how it was forgotten that this mushroom was soma and why some Indian scholars seem to think it was something else. Once you've experienced it, you just know.

No such thing IMO... The hell state is the ultimate bad trip, I guess, but I don't believe in "bad trips" (on any substance).

To me, a bad trip is when you don't come out of it in one piece and are left deeply traumatized or in a state of psychoses that can takes weeks, months, years or perhaps in some cases lifetimes to recover from. A bad trip can also result from bad mushrooms that are old/not properly cared for and sold online by unscrupulous vendors. It is best to hunt them yourself or get them from someone who hunts them.

I mean easy relative to Muscaria.

Psilocin plateaus after a while. The maximum effect from mushrooms is nowhere near the maximum effect from Muscaria.

But, yeah, people are soft. I know people who "can't stand" the taste of mushrooms / cacti... so they do all sorts of things to avoid the taste, like dulling their taste buds with toothpaste and what not.

If you can't handle the taste of something like Muscaria, that's a pretty good indication you're going to struggle with the effects.

So have I and it is nothing in comparison to Muscaria.

I don't think so. With Muscaria you actually die and return to God. People talk about Gods and aliens with DMT. That's largely nonsense, IMO. Projections of the psyche. Imagination. Interpretations of dream states.

Muscaria is different. It's hard to explain.

I understand why you're making comparative assumptions, but until you have the full breakthrough NDE experience from Muscaria you can't really say with any certainty. It's just an assumption. I would probably (almost certainly) have done the same thing if I'd had breakthrough psilocin experiences and not had breakthrough Muscaria experiences.

I second this.. Like I said earlier in the thread (and this is my belief in the sense that I can't claim to have actually died or a had a real NDE induced by non drug means) but it's something I know to be true based on research, experience and intuition including reading/watching many NDE accounts from people who had cardiac arrest or were in accidents and stuff. Amanita muscaria in high doses can produce true NDE phenomena, like what one might experience were they to suffer a cardiac arrest and die and be revived and return. Psilocybin and DMT have never come close to that in my experience, they are in a different ballpark of experience.

burn out said:
Yup, it's nice to talk to someone who gets it. I feel like so many people do not understand it this mushroom. Have you not encountered that?

It's rare to encounter someone who understands what I'm saying. I've encountered it (misunderstanding) so many times, I have pretty much given up on trying to convince people... although recently there is quite a lot of interest within the medicine community. I may facilitate Muscaria experiences in the future for ayahuasca / 5-meo-DMT facilitators.

I've lost count of the amount of times people compare it (without having the experience) to psilocin / LSD / DMT.

Psilocybin mushrooms are literally nothing in comparison to Muscaria. It's like comparing heroin to an over the counter muscle relaxant... but, the gap between them is bigger. There is no way to adequately describe the difference, it is so vast.

To me, a bad trip is when you don't come out of it in one piece and are left deeply traumatized or in a state of psychoses that can takes weeks, months, years or perhaps in some cases lifetimes to recover from.

I hear what you're saying but I tend to believe everything is a decision. It is a decision to be traumatized. It is a decision to be afraid. We decide how long we take to recover. Belief is a powerful thing. You can shape reality if you want to. Bad trips are people rejecting their experience. Labelling it trauma. Refusing to learn. Hiding from it. Etc.

I value all of my experiences. None of them are bad.

But, yeah, the potential for "bad trips" with extreme Muscaria breakthroughs is VERY HIGH relative to psychedelics. Encountering God can be terrifying... but, Muscaria helped me overcome my fear of death and further convinced me that there is more to consciousness than this life.

Death is incredibly beautiful. Far more beautiful and extraordinary than anything in life.

One thing that I don't understand is how it was forgotten that this mushroom was soma

It's too strong for most people. Breakthrough doses are NOT recreational. Once other options became available, it makes sense that people gravitated away from Muscaria towards drugs that are easier to cope with.

Last edited:
Are Amanita visuals from GABA action like with Ambien?
Yes. Very similar. I wouldn't really call them visuals, more like perceptual changes.

I can't speak for mega doses or products that have ibotenic acid, though. Might be different.

Kratom *sometimes* gives me mild 2C-D visuals.

Kratom has been really fucking with my vision, especially in the last few years. Visual noise, colors and shadows seem "blurry" and kinda move around, and I also see these odd horizontal lines after reading text.

Frankly I've been concerned it's damaging my eyes. Feels more like that than some acute visual effect. Maybe I'm just over worrying about it.

Yes. Very similar. I wouldn't really call them visuals, more like perceptual changes.

I can't speak for mega doses or products that have ibotenic acid, though. Might be different.

Kratom has been really fucking with my vision, especially in the last few years. Visual noise, colors and shadows seem "blurry" and kinda move around, and I also see these odd horizontal lines after reading text.

Frankly I've been concerned it's damaging my eyes. Feels more like that than some acute effect. Maybe I'm just over worrying about it.
Full blown hallucinations is what I experienced but the perceptual changes outweighed the extreme visual changes. I ripped the sheets off the bed and tried to catch the light that was fluctuating in and out of the room. Before that, the TV telepathy lied to me I just kept saying "Oh my God" on a loop for ten minutes. Trip sitter left me wandering aimlessly I fell down the stairs eight times Johnny Noodle-legs x10 luckily my arms still had reflexes and protected my dome.

"Soma is anything taken in the right conteqst at the right moment by the right person!" - Not Me
Amanitas are something special, well everything is, but how many very pleasant drugs at lower doses that produce mind blowing experience at higher one are 100% legal just about anywhere and are not exploited since the moment general public found about it? None side Amanitas I think. Sure, Amanitas are sold since ever online and sure occasionally some teens will get them and mess around to either find them not working or to have a bad experience but otherwise irl it's exceptionally rare. Side some new age folks or what not like some knowledgeable mushroom forgers eat them, eh, like a joke or something. But than, not all is that, it's used to make special moonshine in Slovenia, it also contains lizards tail...
My most intense experience with this shroom are in dreams and while holding it and tripping on TMA-2 or TMA-6 (more potent one with dose about 30 - 40mg). "Direct" experience is still limited to opiate like feeling with some nice dissociation. Surely I plan to proceed far far far deeper with this one. It's only drug that's quite easay avaliable to me, that I tried a long, long time ago and I'm yet to have proper "direct" experience. Hell I even experienced high dose of about 10g dried psylocibe mushrooms before serious experience with Amanitas. And I like/love Amanitas better just don't feel any hurry with them. Why I'm not sure is why.

My guess would be the taste. I've never had problems downing cubes or even dried peruvian torch skin tissue but dried Amanitas are A New Level 📶
Ain't that. If I toss n wash taste isn't noticeable. And if I make a tea I don't find it that bad. More like soup than tea. I can imagine it can be made into dish that ain't revolting to many with right spices. Well at least to many that have no problem developing taste for exotic mushrooms and food in general.
I just ain't in a hurry somehow. If I want them I pick them by myself and I skip more years than not. Might be in part that I'm leaving one of the wonders as surprise for future self, I know we'll like it.

Tho I should have rushed to use them same as OP. I imagine that would have made my WDs a lot easier and I did feel great on a few days I used them in moderate dose. I simply didn't pick them up enough to use everyday like that.

Doctor Steve Brule said:
My guess would be the taste. I've never had problems downing cubes or even dried peruvian torch skin tissue but dried Amanitas are A New Level

I once vomited before the Muscaria had a chance to digest. I hurled the entire contents of my stomach into a saucepan. Then, I ate the vomit. Kept it down the second time.

Last edited:
Pure isolated muscimol is also available, but obviously a lot more expensive. My vendor also sells amanita vapes... but vaping questionable mushroom juice sounds pretty damn sketchy lol

I started to feel a bit off after dosing every day, so I stopped for now.

Ain't that. If I toss n wash taste isn't noticeable. And if I make a tea I don't find it that bad. More like soup than tea. I can imagine it can be made into dish that ain't revolting to many with right spices. Well at least to many that have no problem developing taste for exotic mushrooms and food in general.
I just ain't in a hurry somehow. If I want them I pick them by myself and I skip more years than not. Might be in part that I'm leaving one of the wonders as surprise for future self, I know we'll like it.
It's probably psychological on my end. Looking back it didn't taste bad before that trip. Might have been my strongest but 7g cubes plus a bottle of tussin stacking peaks was ridiculous af. Neither a bad trip just way too much.

I'm laying off the Stardust Kratom for a year. Did some intro deal plus free shipping and other coupon. Paid $16 got fucked up like 10 times. Maybe I'll go red to green next year but it seems like this drug isn't for long term use, personally, even at only 6 days/ month like Friday nights and every other Saturday. Need to recharge the mitzvah.

https://imageupload.io/ib/rV6aVsKRBfCZvTr_1698518983.jpg

How the fuck do you post images on this site? Everything is https wft!?!?!😡

Last edited:
I feel like so many people do not understand it this mushroom.
I know I certainly do not just from reading. I hear anything from they are just sedating and nothing like psilocybin. Then I hear they are a powerful psychedelic. But I respect a lot of your opinions. I just do not know how to approach it. For a good nights sleep or to see God. But these posts rekindled my interest.

I know I certainly do not just from reading. I hear anything from they are just sedating and nothing like psilocybin. Then I hear they are a powerful psychedelic. But I respect a lot of your opinions. I just do not know how to approach it.

That has been my problem exactly when it comes to this topic…lot of murky/contradictory info