• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Amanita Citrina extraction - Smells like...

crOOk

Bluelighter
Howdy!

I recently found a single Amanita Citrina fruit body. Went right ahead and dried it, came out a measely 3g. Added 10-20ml of water and plenty of NaOH, poured quite a bit of Coleman Fuel (got some leftover bottles from back in the day) on top, mixed well, let it sit for a day.

After separating the first pull from the aqueous phase, I dipped my finger into the solvent.

Now it's your turn to guess what my finger smells like! :D

I can't believe I never picked up the hundreds of Amanita Porphyria fruit bodies I found in the past. Also found a few Pantherinas, but didn't take them with me. I took Amanita Muscaria waaaaay too many times last year for me not to get sick from the sheer thought of it. Felt really bad afterwards for not taking them. I've heard somebody say A. Pantherinas are what A. Muscarias promise to be.

Never heard of this species, I’m assuming psychoactive?

-GC

I can't believe I never picked up the hundreds of Amanita Porphyria fruit bodies I found in the past. Also found a few Pantherinas, but didn't take them with me. I took Amanita Muscaria waaaaay too many times last year for me not to get sick from the sheer thought of it. Felt really bad afterwards for not taking them. I've heard somebody say A. Pantherinas are what A. Muscarias promise to be.

I've heard the same about pantherina. I have tried muscaria a handful of time. up to 8 grams, and every time but the last time it was very subtle, just some increased salivation and a loose feeling. The last time though, I had 8g from the same batch I had had 8 grams of another time a few weeks before. I felt it that time, let me tell you. And it was really unpleasant, I really thought I had eaten a poisonous amanita species that had been mixed in there (they were wild foraged and I bought from someone). I was trembling, and in a cold sweat (extraordinarily uncomfortable, hot and cold at the same time and I felt disgusting), and my vision became so blurry I couldn't read whatsoever. I was chattering my teeth. I really felt awful. Eventually I took a hot shower until the hot water ran out. In the shower I felt heavenly, my body was comfortable because I was warm and not sweaty. I would close my eyes and feel a strange sense of movement and a sort of sensation that's hard to describe, but it felt like moments were compressing together. It was pretty interesting but not worth the body price. Once I got out of the shower I felt better, and the effects started to let up.

I've been wanting to try pantherina sometime.

My understanding is pantherina and muscaria are pretty interchangeable or similarly parallel. However i havent experimented.
Seen a heap of amanitas to play with but never got around to it. So many reports like yours are underwhelming

I've heard the same about pantherina. I have tried muscaria a handful of time. up to 8 grams, and every time but the last time it was very subtle, just some increased salivation and a loose feeling. The last time though, I had 8g from the same batch I had had 8 grams of another time a few weeks before. I felt it that time, let me tell you. And it was really unpleasant, I really thought I had eaten a poisonous amanita species that had been mixed in there (they were wild foraged and I bought from someone). I was trembling, and in a cold sweat (extraordinarily uncomfortable, hot and cold at the same time and I felt disgusting), and my vision became so blurry I couldn't read whatsoever. I was chattering my teeth. I really felt awful. Eventually I took a hot shower until the hot water ran out. In the shower I felt heavenly, my body was comfortable because I was warm and not sweaty. I would close my eyes and feel a strange sense of movement and a sort of sensation that's hard to describe, but it felt like moments were compressing together. It was pretty interesting but not worth the body price. Once I got out of the shower I felt better, and the effects started to let up.

I've been wanting to try pantherina sometime.

How were you mushrooms processed ? What you say sounds more like ibotenic acid than muscimol. And having muscimol is the trick for a good experience. And careful with pantherina - because it can have up to 10 times more potency than muscaria.

They were dried. Though I got them from a vendor, and probably should have heated them, too, just to be sure.