• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Am I being weak or do I need subutex

ambalams

Greenlighter
So, my love hate relationship w opiates began 10 years ago. I've done heroin, oc's, recently liquid morphine that I took from a dead person. Not proud. But Vicodin straight for the past 5 years. Sometimes 2 a day. Sometimes 30. Bc it's 50 feet away from me in my home. At all times. Unless I steal all her pills and she runs out.

After snatching a bottle of liquid morphine, I feel like I've hit my low. Like wow. I'm out of all opiates and have thoughts of committing crime. Lol. It's not funny, but it kinda has to be. Bc I'm just not the type.

My question is, I'm over physical wd mostly, sore legs, tired, anxious, no appetite. Cold all the time. But the mental aspect is kicking my ass. It's all I can think about. Counting down the days til she gets her rx refilled. So I'm thinking about getting into the subutex maintenance program. Otherwise I will steal this persons pills until either she dies or I do.

I guess I'm asking am I doing the right thing? Is it worth it to kick the mental masturbation since I'm almost over the physical effects? Or is it just another expensive monkey on my back?

Just from personal experience with getting over withdrawls and being on subs. If your over the physical part but you cant control yourself not to take the pills or what ever u want then a plan might be a viable option. On the flip side suboxone subutex what ever u get is a hell of a thing to kick. So if it were me id have to really look and see what my long term goals are.

I have chronic headaches. The nurse I spoke to said the subs would help. So that's kind of a plus. That's one of the reasons I got addicted. Plus, I just like em. I feel like I could kick the drugs if I lived somewhere else, but that's not possible.

Since you have experience w these, will they legitimately help w pain?

I know how you feel! After getting through most of the physical withdrawls from being on heroin, mentally I felt so messed up!! I know a lot of people who have been on Subs, and for some it works out and some it doesn't. I have chronic pain from a car accident I was in and honestly, when I was on Subutex it really didn't help and I still had intense cravings...that's just my experience, everyone has different reactions to meds. I would suggest finding a good psych doctor. I finally am on the right meds that are helping with my mental problems, and it's truly been a blessing. Also, I would look into Vivitrol as an alternative to Subs. ?