• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Alternative comedown theory...

I'm the same, Sniff. (and yay for romantic views! :) )
By Monday or Tuesday the worst of the 'drug hangover' is gone... but I'm still left with this yearning.
I think that's why I long to repeat the experience - not for the physical feeling of the drug itself, not about music or anything like that - but purely for the emotional satisfaction it brings me.
I often do it with my boyfriend alone, and those times have been some of the best in our relationship. I'm not saying it's healthy to want to get back there just to "improve" our relationship, but if I'm truthful, that's a big part of the pull for me. To feel that connectedness - which isn't possible in our normal, busy lives - to stop time for a second, to be parallel in our thoughts, to hear those words "God I love you"... to dream, to plan, to rise above the noise of our regular existance.......... *sigh*
Well - that's a lot different from seratonin depletion. It's about something else entirely.
:)

Thats exactly it. What I really miss over the week is the opportunity to be connected with the people I love on such an intense level. I've been thinking about this a lot, and I honestly think that missing having so much fun is the major part of coming down, for me at least.

I dont mean you specifically sniff, but some people need to make sure they aren't blaming the fact that something is missing in there life on drugs, when really there is something missing because they spend so much time obsessing about drugs.
[ 06 February 2003: Message edited by: Nickstar ]

when i've comedown off mdma i've not taken 5-htp. i used to cop "terrible tuesday' on the chin so to speak. positive thinking helped me through it....i knew there was light at the end of the tunnel.
for me "terrible tuesday" was a reminder that what goes up....must comedown. it was a personal reality check :)

a little off topic, but Johnneh, maybe your tolerance is much higher than mine, but for me 4 pills in a weekend would yield a pretty harsh come down! maybe it is the amount of pills your taking, or how often youre doing it that has made your comw downs worse.
remember it takes well over 2 weeks for your brain to totally replenish seratonin (and or break down a tolerance to MDMA) and reach the state of mind your mind was in before ingesting the pill. if repeatedly, you do not allow your brain to totally recuporate, id assume for some people, come downs would gradually become worse and worse. ie. if you have 3 or 4 pills every weekend or every second weekend, id recommend taking at least a month or 3 weeks off respectively, after every 2 of 3 occasions.

Yes you could be right. I think i had to much, i took the 4 over the weekend after a 1 month break.
Not good.. i spose having bad comedowns is only going to make me stop doing it as much, before this i never had comedowns, i would always feel good after i sleep for a good 8 hours... now i feel like a bastard for 4 days at least.

After a decent sleep I just love the afterglow feeling that lasts for a few days, so I'd say sleep is one factor that helps recovery